Home

Infinite Stamina

This is a discussion on Infinite Stamina within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Infinite Stamina

I'm relatively new to PES, as I just started playing last year.

With that being said, would anyone else agree that the whole stamina system which so dramatically impacts the humans ability to run and such, has absolutely no bearing on the CPU? Is this a new thing?

Just to test things out I just played a game where I scored the go ahead goal in the second half. Now I know that this means that all hell is about to break loose for the CPU but I wanted to try something. I literally never once tried to cross the midline and mainly stayed about 30 yards from my goal for the rest of the game. Now, they had their CF chasing me around as I passed the ball. I kid you not, he never once jogged, he just ran the whole time. He ran from player to player as I passed it around and never once slowed down. The only thing I can gather is that either he was 'running' the whole time but stamina has no bearing, or that is just the speed that Konami gives the CPU and they aren't actually running, but rather turbo jogging. Either way I am really irritated that the only way they could come up with to put pressure on you as they try to tie the game up is to effectively make them superhuman.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this just the way PES is? The thing is that it seems that ratings for players just get thrown out the window for the CPU and they are just made to be superhuman. So effectively my ratings don't matter either as the CPU players are all just imbued with abilities that are superior to every player on my team.

Thanks guys/gals!

Stan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Infinite Stamina

Nah. You're not the only one.

It's not only unlimited stamina either. CPU gets more efficient animations, more forgiving angles to tackle, better positioning of off the ball teammates etc.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Infinite Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroofner
I'm relatively new to PES, as I just started playing last year.

With that being said, would anyone else agree that the whole stamina system which so dramatically impacts the humans ability to run and such, has absolutely no bearing on the CPU? Is this a new thing?

Just to test things out I just played a game where I scored the go ahead goal in the second half. Now I know that this means that all hell is about to break loose for the CPU but I wanted to try something. I literally never once tried to cross the midline and mainly stayed about 30 yards from my goal for the rest of the game. Now, they had their CF chasing me around as I passed the ball. I kid you not, he never once jogged, he just ran the whole time. He ran from player to player as I passed it around and never once slowed down. The only thing I can gather is that either he was 'running' the whole time but stamina has no bearing, or that is just the speed that Konami gives the CPU and they aren't actually running, but rather turbo jogging. Either way I am really irritated that the only way they could come up with to put pressure on you as they try to tie the game up is to effectively make them superhuman.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this just the way PES is? The thing is that it seems that ratings for players just get thrown out the window for the CPU and they are just made to be superhuman. So effectively my ratings don't matter either as the CPU players are all just imbued with abilities that are superior to every player on my team.

Thanks guys/gals!

Stan
Yes, PES has always been this way. Stats are irrelevant to CPU controlled players, and their stamina is endless.

When the CPU is losing, rather than changing tactics or formation to try to force a goal in a plausible and fair way, it simply gives itself what is essentially a stat boost and starts pinging around perfect, high-speed, laser-guided passes and every CPU player suddenly develops impeccable ball control and dribbling skills and get an obvious boost in their acceleration. Any tackles you make during this phase will result in the ball being continually deflected conveniently straight to another CPU player and your keeper will also become next to useless. Meanwhile, your players become noticeably sluggish, lose the ability to pass the ball 5 yards and start stumbling all the time.

And in recent editions, the CPU can blatantly foul you but the referees often ignore it, but the referee will regularly call fouls against you when you make minor contact with a CPU player but don't even tackle them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »