Home

Anyone else getting frustrated?

This is a discussion on Anyone else getting frustrated? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else getting frustrated?

This game is starting to kill me with how blatantly it is cheating. The stumbles after being pressured by the opponent, the beast tackling ability and speed of the CPU, the infinite stamina/press... It's ridiculous.

I love how the movement of the game feels, the passes, the shooting, the heading... But it's all undone in a moment when the CPU takes the ball from me in a way I cannot do to them.

We've all played Fifa, we all know it cheats as well... But this... It's so in your face that it doesn't even pretend to hide. I don't understand how reviews didn't mention this. Is this just accepted now after so many years of the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone else getting frustrated?

I see this on Superstar level but not on the lower levels. I'm stuck in a middle ground where superstar is frustrating but the second highest level isn't quite challenging enough.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

I wish there was one more difficulty level as well, but that's for another thread.

But I can assure you this "boosting," or whatever it should be called, is at least used in the top three difficulty levels.

Needed to vent. I enjoy the game, but there's still a lot of work that can be done with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I'm starting to get frustrated too. Been playing ML on top player and ever since the first update things feel very different to me. Not sure if that's a coincidence because I thought the update was just cosmetic stuff with some crash fixes. But my entire game is a struggle now.

The CPU defense as mentioned above is a royal cheating pain but passes feel different as well. A tap through ball ends up going way too far now, my players don't seem to want to grab loose balls, or let the ball slowly roll past them to the other team. Even shooting feels off as I miss the net a lot more often and hit the post/crossbar more as well. But passing especially frustrates me as the ball with just go to defenders so often instead of to my players or into open spaces. I am still doing well but it just feels ridiculous at times to get my players to do what I want them to while the CPU can just make me stumble and take the ball at will.

Were there actually any gameplay changes implemented? I can't seem to find anything about that online anywhere.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I totally agree, but every sports game I have cheats. NHL is the worst(tried but didn't buy this year's game), Fifa to me is almost as bad, MLB 16 is OK, but I prefer PES cheating to all of them even though it can still get on my nerves. I won't get into the other games unless we start comparing.

I've never noticed the over-pass thing, but I do have a problem where my passes are too short and wimpy sometimes. Perhaps it has to do with pass assistance level or pass type?

What gets to me sometimes is the way the CPU is jacked up at the start of each half. Also, right after you score, they tend to score a lot. This doesn't bother me so much anymore. I treat it like good symbiosis between game and reality. The boosted attack at the aforementioned times can be thwarted, though not all the time.

I actually learned to enjoy defending their boosted attacks, and if successful, you then get rewarded with momentum of your own, or at the very least, with the balanced, fun and exciting play we all love about this game. While frustrating and not pure reality, it does a decent job of mimicking the flow mechanics of many real games.

That's just my opinion of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
This game is starting to kill me with how blatantly it is cheating. The stumbles after being pressured by the opponent, the beast tackling ability and speed of the CPU, the infinite stamina/press... It's ridiculous.

I love how the movement of the game feels, the passes, the shooting, the heading... But it's all undone in a moment when the CPU takes the ball from me in a way I cannot do to them.

We've all played Fifa, we all know it cheats as well... But this... It's so in your face that it doesn't even pretend to hide. I don't understand how reviews didn't mention this. Is this just accepted now after so many years of the same?
I am pro-PES (but not anti-FIFA) and I was excited about the use of option files for the 2017 game. It has been great to have authentic uniforms for Premier League, Bundesliga and MLS teams (among others). However, I am not crazy with how hard it is to score goals. I'm in the minority but I love the way PES 2016 played. Yes, the GK gave up a lot of goals but it worked both ways and it was a lot of fun. Now, I either win or lose a lot of games 1-0. If I could have option files for 2016, I would go back to that game. For Black Friday, I purchased FIFA 17. I have generally always purchased both games but inevitably trade in FIFA as I just like PES better. I will always prefer PES but this is an issue for me with the lack of goal scoring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »