Home

PES 2017 Rolling Along Post-Release

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Rolling Along Post-Release within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
PES 2017 Rolling Along Post-Release

Of all the games I've played over the past year, PES 2017 is quickly becoming my favorite. It's a callback to the days of PES' (or Winning Eleven's) rise to prominence in the soccer game scene, when it commanded attention with its outstanding representation of the sport. Although the sales figures might not suggest it, PES 2017 is the mark of a series that is arguably back to its best.

It achieves this by implementing a whole host of careful refinements, capitalizing on last year's positives and repairing many of its weaknesses to great effect. If the dramatically enhanced goalkeepers of this year's version aren't enough to convince the doubters, the game-changing Adaptive AI system should be. Not only are games more balanced, authentic and fluid than last year, but they're a lot more fun too.

Read More - PES 2017 Rolling Along Post-Release
Platform: PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PES 2017 Rolling Along Post-Release

GOTY in my book.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 10-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #3
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

OVR: 1
For a few different reasons, I haven't bought FIFA yet- as someone on X-Box One whose main interest is playing an accurate career mode without too much tinkering, is PES a good buy this year?
Old 10-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 20
Nice piece. FIFA still has a big edge in licensing, graphics, atmosphere and commentary, but PES 2017 DESTROYS FIFA 17 where it really matters -- gameplay on the pitch.

This is the widest chasm between the two franchises in offline gameplay since EA got serious about transforming FIFA from an arcade game to a soccer sim five or six years ago. FIFA 16 was fun and solid offline, but FIFA 17 has really regressed in that area this year.

A new golden age for the PES franchise is dawning. We should be grateful for that.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:55 PM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Meh, it's better than nothing but they only came through with 34 player faces, many of whom are irrelevant scrubs from the AFC Champions League, and they had been promising 'Player Id' implementation as recently as this week, which now seems to have been left out. Konami has always had a bad habit of making promises and not keeping them.

The good news is, they fixed the team import crashing bug via the patch, as well as the grayed out faces on edited players, both of which were huge problems that I'm very happy to see resolved.

The gameplay is wonderful, but not perfect. I'm still having a blast for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Meh, it's better than nothing but they only came through with 34 player faces, many of whom are irrelevant scrubs from the AFC Champions League, and they had been promising 'Player Id' implementation as recently as this week, which now seems to have been left out. Konami has always had a bad habit of making promises and not keeping them.

The good news is, they fixed the team import crashing bug via the patch, as well as the grayed out faces on edited players, both of which were huge problems that I'm very happy to see resolved.

The gameplay is wonderful, but not perfect. I'm still having a blast for sure.
They also said they would add back faces for players who had them in PES 16. Maybe the Nov. update would address this.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Collision and fouls are still pretty terrible. Much improved this year, but a long way to go in some areas still.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2016, 02:09 AM   #8
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
With edit mode, I now have Bundesliga, Premier League and MLS as well as European teams, South American teams and J1 League teams. Absolutely love the entire game including AFC Champions, MyLeague and Master League. As much as I love the game, I miss the high scoring PES 2016 and its soundtrack. One thing I would love to see added is throwback jerseys for teams. That being said, three games up for GOTY are PES 2017, Madden 17 and NBA 2K17. I give the edge to PES 2017 thanks to the expanded edit mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »