Home

PES 17: Things to improve on

This is a discussion on PES 17: Things to improve on within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2016, 11:03 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 17: Things to improve on

No point in repeating points, so I'll just add one I haven't seen....

Number of Games Played.... Why is this not shown in the tables?! It's bewildering they don't show this.

Would like CPU tackling boost limited, as well as teammate pressure/tackle ability. In big games, the CPU can dispossess you at will. Alternatively, it is far too easy to dispossess the CPU with teammate pressuring. A usable method to shield the ball could help (a bit) in these situations.

CPU stamina. Is this stat even used? Pretty annoying having the CPU able to sprint full out all game. Bit of a cheap tactic to balance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2016, 11:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
While I can see your point, it can be a bit hard to pull off some easier skill moves in Pro Evo sometimes. Also, theyre not as dynamic as they are in FIFA. In FIFA you have better control over your exits, which makes them dynamic and different, as well as speed has an effect on skill mvoes, making them different. In Pro Evo, its the same skill move every time, carbon copy. I totally accept it for the time being, but it needs to change if Pro Evo is to move forward.
Fair enough. I also agree about the difficulty. Makes little sense. Maybe I don't understand the context correctly? I can pull off a roulette under any circumstance in FIFA. In PES -- hardly the case. Also feels like sometimes I make two simple movements on the right and left stick and my player pulls off a perfectly executed move. Other times I can't do it all.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:24 AM   #11
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

This drives me nuts. Hard on the immersion factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
CPU stamina. Is this stat even used? Pretty annoying having the CPU able to sprint full out all game. Bit of a cheap tactic to balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 12:28 AM   #12
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

One gripe I have as a new player to the series as of last year (and limited hours into the game).

CPU players engaging in the exact same animation at the exact same moment. Eg- during corners or when starting runs.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:37 AM   #13
Rookie

I've only played two versions of PES, 2015 and 2017 and I also don't play much FIFA because soccer isn't my favorite sport, but PES 2017 has me hooked. THat being said, after 100+ matches it's starting to get frustrating at times. Here is where I think the game could use some work and keep in mind I am talking about offline vs. CPU because I don't really play online or myClub.

CPU vs. human fairness.

This seems to always be an issue in sports games. The CPU controlled teams and players always seem to be able to do things you cannot and PES 2017 is no different. They are able to knock me off the ball much easier, get way fewer fouls, they constantly make my players loose balance, stumble, trip, and fall at least 5 times as much as I can do to them. It's frustrating bordering on rage inducing.

They can also run much faster and always catch my players from behind with ridiculous speed bursts. It doesn't matter that I have a player with 88 speed and their CB is 5 steps behind me with 70 speed, I always get caught and have to rush my shot. The constant pressure from a defensively minded CPU team is also much more effective than when I try to use the same tactics against them. It's just not fair and really ruins some aspects of the game. My speedy young star striker is almost useless as far as his speed advantage goes because he cannot get away from anyone. Long lofted through balls seem to make him slow down and then have the ball headed away by the defense. When I do manage to split the defenders for what should be a breakaway I get caught from behind 90% of the time and they either just take the ball or make me stumble, never with a foul. I've never once received a penalty kick in over 100 games played. The CPU also doesn't get called for many fouls and they almost never go offsides. It's just lame.

Other smaller things I would like to see are player comparisons in ALL the scouting and transfer menus. It's weird that you can't use that feature more. I'd also like to see a more typical schedule where you can see each month instead of the long scrolling schedule. It would make it easier to see transfer deadlines and upcoming games/events. I would also like a revamped game plan screen like the CG example PES uses in their previews when you start a new ML mode. I thought that 3D style was incredible and was really disappointed when I saw its not in the game. The current model just looks so plain, dull, and dated. And let us change the ball type in ML mode. It's kind of dumb that they have nearly 30 balls in the game but you get stuck with whichever one you pick for the duration of your ML career.

Also, there are TONS of ways to earn GP in all the game modes but many are hidden. Why not add a checklist for all the ways you can earn GP?
Old 11-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #14
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

@schlitz73, I agree with some of your points about transfer deadline, etc, but as far as the speed thing is concerned, I dont really see it that much.

Pretty much every sports or strategy game where there is an AI, has to cheat to stay competitive. I'm ok with the slower progress this route has taken, as long as there is visible progress. Games like NHL and FIFA are frustrating, because I find their cheating far too frustrating & obvious. PES, I do get frustrated at their cheating as well, but not even close to as frustrated as I get with those other two games.

I find I'm able to use my speedier players to good effect and make space. I agree, there is a bit of a catchup. Players should run more slowly with the ball, but my players that have 85+ speed, are almost never caught. I actually saved video, would get the names of players that caught me, check their speed in the game and note the stamina bar. It was pretty acceptable to me.

I guess it very well may depend on which difficulty youre playing the game on. I play on Professional, full manual.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:38 AM   #15
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

I will agree that this game is less "chesty". If you think about it you see defensive players run down offensive players because they don't need to control a ball while they run.

Though I do wish stamina remaining was more transparent. Is there a way to view this in game easily for both your players and CPU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 07:23 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
@schlitz73, I agree with some of your points about transfer deadline, etc, but as far as the speed thing is concerned, I dont really see it that much.

Pretty much every sports or strategy game where there is an AI, has to cheat to stay competitive. I'm ok with the slower progress this route has taken, as long as there is visible progress. Games like NHL and FIFA are frustrating, because I find their cheating far too frustrating & obvious. PES, I do get frustrated at their cheating as well, but not even close to as frustrated as I get with those other two games.

I find I'm able to use my speedier players to good effect and make space. I agree, there is a bit of a catchup. Players should run more slowly with the ball, but my players that have 85+ speed, are almost never caught. I actually saved video, would get the names of players that caught me, check their speed in the game and note the stamina bar. It was pretty acceptable to me.

I guess it very well may depend on which difficulty youre playing the game on. I play on Professional, full manual.
The speed thing isn't the worst problem by far but I do find the catchup a little too obvious at times. I have a couple FW with 85+ speed and they can't get away from anyone when they have the ball. I know running with the ball should be slower but the amount of catchup is too extreme imo. Especially when you compare it to when the CPU has the ball... their speedy players are much harder to catch. I know the CPU has to do something to make it tougher to win on harder levels but the whole speed advantage/handicap is just annoying since it pops up in nearly all sports games. NHL is one of the worst for abusing this so I agree PES is not on that level.

I play on Top Player with advanced shooting and pass assist 1, basic through balls. I tried manual passing but found it a little too difficult to make the short quick passes I like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »