Home

PES 17: Things to improve on

This is a discussion on PES 17: Things to improve on within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2016, 02:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 17: Things to improve on

I suggest more personalization for the CPU coach, something that assign to all of them a pack of tactics. So they can use those tact in any club will manage.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:11 AM   #18
Rookie

and something that improve (or that allows to modify) the aggressivity of the players, too few fouls
Old 11-21-2016, 06:09 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
and something that improve (or that allows to modify) the aggressivity of the players, too few fouls
Too few fouls? I'm seeing tons of fouls.

Makes me want to bring up another point... Slide tackles are terrible!! You can't slide to block a passing or shooting lane, it just locks you in on the player and shoots you towards their feet like a rocket.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #20
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
I suggest more personalization for the CPU coach, something that assign to all of them a pack of tactics. So they can use those tact in any club will manage.

I second this one, and having some default schemes loaded to impersonate well known/used tactics would be wonderful and probably save us a 50 page thread for how to set up teams with correct tactics.

How are teams assigned tactics now? Are they all different but random?
Old 11-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #21
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

I've said it for a number of years now but one subtle issue they need to address is constant stoppage of play. For example, when the ball goes out of bounds the clock stops completely. And when there's a replay of something, the game completely freezes for a moment. This should never happen because the game is supposed to be fluid, and they should look at what FIFA has done to improve these issues, mainly the clock ticking in "normal time" when the ball goes out of bounds.

It may be a minor gripe for most, but it's something that's annoyed me with PES ever since they moved to the 360/ps3. They need to make the game presentation as streamlined as we see it on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2016, 04:42 PM   #22
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
I've said it for a number of years now but one subtle issue they need to address is constant stoppage of play. For example, when the ball goes out of bounds the clock stops completely. And when there's a replay of something, the game completely freezes for a moment. This should never happen because the game is supposed to be fluid, and they should look at what FIFA has done to improve these issues, mainly the clock ticking in "normal time" when the ball goes out of bounds.

It may be a minor gripe for most, but it's something that's annoyed me with PES ever since they moved to the 360/ps3. They need to make the game presentation as streamlined as we see it on TV.
I agree, and would love to tack additional angles/improved replay angles to your post as well. All these things would certainly add to much more immersion into the game, without question.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:42 AM   #23
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

Some carry over issues, where if you change your formation at the matchup screen(in ML anyway), it doesnt reflect your formation change when you hit R1 to check the matchup. Also, formation changes arent reflected sometimes in the tactics screen.

Would be nice to set advanced instructions, but have them default to 'Off' instead of having to turn them on after kickoff.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #24
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

I am pro-PES (but not anti-FIFA) and I was excited about the use of option files for the 2017 game. It has been great to have authentic uniforms for Premier League, Bundesliga and MLS teams (among others). However, I am not crazy with how hard it is to score goals. I'm in the minority but I love the way PES 2016 played. Yes, the GK gave up a lot of goals but it worked both ways and it was a lot of fun. Now, I either win or lose a lot of games 1-0. If I could have option files for 2016, I would go back to that game. For Black Friday, I purchased FIFA 17. I have generally always purchased both games but inevitably trade in FIFA as I just like PES better. I will always prefer PES but this is an issue for me with the lack of goal scoring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »