Home

PES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available Now

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available Now within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #9
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available Now

Yeah it's really odd. At the start of each game I have almost been like is this on beginner??? From kickoff, I string together beautiful passes and then get a quality shot on goal that is saved or missed.

Then the cpu active hive mind immediately shifts into high gear and the rest of the match is a slog.

They are all over me everywhere on the pitch, often esp style where they break to the ball or passing lane before I pass.

Just weird gameplay I never saw before this patch.

Like I wrote, dropping to regular eased the cpu uber pressure.

Although last night I played qpr v brentford and was sure it was back on the higher difficulty.

I honestly think something is haywire with the adaptive AI. It seems to be either off or full on nuts, it lost all subtlety.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
Agreed. The ad boards are lame. They advertise their own game modes. I'm surprised they dont sell the ad space to companies. I'd rather see that, as long as all the adboards arent always showing the same ad. I always look at them, I think it'd be effective.
this year is the worst as well

I literally HAD TO get pes 2017 on pc just to have some sort of semblance of a real adboard...even though its through mods they should allow us to edit that too but alas pes 2018 wont be anything different
Old 11-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Stadiums are cool, but not hugely impressive. I feel stadiums and overall crowd atmosphere is where PES really lags behind. And I would trade those two pre-match anthems for a wider variety of team chants. They've been using some of the exact same public domain lo-fi chants since 2013 (at least).
As cool as authentic stadiums are I think they're a bit overrated in footy games because you rarely see them from the angle(s) most people play on. They need to give us audio slots back like they did on the PS3/XBOX 360.

Quote:
Agreed. The ad boards are lame. They advertise their own game modes. I'm surprised they dont sell the ad space to companies. I'd rather see that, as long as all the adboards arent always showing the same ad. I always look at them, I think it'd be effective.
Some of it depends on what league you play in. My BAL is in Ligue 1 and the adboards look the same as they do on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #12
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I really hate to hear people talking about significant gameplay changes. Gonna have to get a game in tonight and see for myself.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:54 PM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

IDK, I think the game plays better than when it released. The pace seems to be slowed down to a more realistic level and I've seen some more animations.

Played a Spurs @ Monaco (me) CL exhibition match the other day and the tempo was spot on. I do wish, like Matt10 has said that the CPU wouldn't stick 100% to the tactics they're given ALTHOUGH I haven't spent too much time tinkering with option files/tactics/etc...
Old 11-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #14

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
As cool as authentic stadiums are I think they're a bit overrated in footy games because you rarely see them from the angle(s) most people play on. They need to give us audio slots back like they did on the PS3/XBOX 360.

Some of it depends on what league you play in. My BAL is in Ligue 1 and the adboards look the same as they do on TV.
They have authentic ad boards for the Eredivisie too, basically all of the fully licensed leagues. When La Liga was fully licensed, they had authentic ad boards for them too.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #15
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Like some have said before, the licensed leagues have licensed adboards. Unfortunately, with LaLiga not being licensed this year, there's only 3 licensed leagues in Europe, Ligue 1, Ligue 2, and Eredivisie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #16
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
IDK, I think the game plays better than when it released. The pace seems to be slowed down to a more realistic level and I've seen some more animations.

Played a Spurs @ Monaco (me) CL exhibition match the other day and the tempo was spot on. I do wish, like Matt10 has said that the CPU wouldn't stick 100% to the tactics they're given ALTHOUGH I haven't spent too much time tinkering with option files/tactics/etc...
Yeah, the problem with the tactics is that you can't really determine how a team plays based on the score, only whether they have the ball or not. Ideally you'd like to set things so that Stoke parks the bus when they're up, Man City continues at full throttle, etc.

It also sucks that there's no way to apply a live update without erasing any and all tactical edits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »