Home

PES 2017: Another Successful Release in the Books

This is a discussion on PES 2017: Another Successful Release in the Books within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

OVR: 0
I haven't poured this much time into a football game since FIFA 98. I still hear that Blur song and my finest football memories come flooding back. I had another brief foray around 2002 with FIFA on the PC, but until PES17 I haven't played a full Season. I tried a couple times with FIFA 2005ish and even last year with PES16.

The amount of yelling and fist-pumping I do while playing PES rivals my college time spent with FIFA 98 or if we cross sports games maybe NHLPA 94 or NHL 98. There's just a large amount of excitement and unique moments I've generated with this game that I love. I'm so happy to have this game.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:59 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: PES 2017: Another Successful Release in the Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGropeR
Tried PES game for the first time this year and as a person who is only interested in the Career mode BAL I gave it a go for a while but uninstalled it as I could not get past the having to sit and watch over a half a game in fast forward before I was subbed on.

I don't have a problem with only playing in the second half as a rook as that is what it should be but it should have a option to fast forward you straight to that point, not make me watch it, it was tedious at first but in the end I just gave up in disgust.

Will keep a eye on future releases and will be happy to buy when it gets fixed but until then I am done
Have you tried playing with Division 2 teams? I only play BAL mode and chose to start in the Italian 2nd Division. Even during my first season, I got picked in the starting line up for most matches and only occasionally found myself on the bench having to fast forward.

I had briefly tried starting in the EPL but found myself on the bench nearly every match, so didn't stick at it for long because, as you mention, the ability to skip straight to the point you come on is sadly absent.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston
Have you tried playing with Division 2 teams? I only play BAL mode and chose to start in the Italian 2nd Division. Even during my first season, I got picked in the starting line up for most matches and only occasionally found myself on the bench having to fast forward.

I had briefly tried starting in the EPL but found myself on the bench nearly every match, so didn't stick at it for long because, as you mention, the ability to skip straight to the point you come on is sadly absent.
Actually that is probly what I should of done, might re-install and plug the thumb drive in and redo the teams and players and start in a 2nd division of the Spanish league and see how that goes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Actually that is probly what I should of done, might re-install and plug the thumb drive in and redo the teams and players and start in a 2nd division of the Spanish league and see how that goes
Well I redid everything and started in the 2nd division of the Italian league, much better this time as I had the first few games sitting for the 1st half then coming on but then went to starting halfway through the first half and now start regularly and am enjoying it.

Aim to eventually get up into the 1st division with Juventus or Inter and then eventually across to Liverpool
Old 01-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Well I redid everything and started in the 2nd division of the Italian league, much better this time as I had the first few games sitting for the 1st half then coming on but then went to starting halfway through the first half and now start regularly and am enjoying it.

Aim to eventually get up into the 1st division with Juventus or Inter and then eventually across to Liverpool
Good to hear you're enjoying it.

I'm just coming to the end of my first BAL season in the Italian 2nd Division and we've now won the league with a couple of matches to go. Really enjoyed the season because the team plays properly and doesn't rely on you to do everything. They scored plenty of great goals which I wasn't involved in, which was gratifying.

My primary position is supposed to be DMF but for some reason, I was largely picked at LB for the majority of the season. I decided just to go with it and gradually enjoyed it more and more as I improved my play in that role. At first, I would get caught out watching my teammates attacking moves and not pay close enough attention to my own positioning, so the opposition would sometimes quickly counter and catch me out of position. Some matches I could tell they were targetting me, with the majority of their play coming down my side. But I gradually learned to to keep my concentration and took pride in pre-empting their counter attacks and cutting them out quickly.

Towards the end of the season, I started to get picked more often as a central AMF, so was beginning to learn how to best play that role in the formation of my team, helping to link up play from midfield to attack, learning the sort of through-balls my attacking team-mates would best respond to around the box to create chances - it was great to see some of their stylish finishes. I even scored 3 or 4 goals myself, although my shooting accuracy has plenty of room for improvement.

I haven't enjoyed a football game so much since....well actually, since FIFA16, which I thought was the best FIFA to date. Unfortunately, FIFA17 just feels wrong but if EA can get the single player game back on track, and PES keeps improving, we could have 2 very good football games this autumn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »