Home

Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year

This is a discussion on Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year

If you know me, you'll know I've been totally hooked on Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 for the past few months. While I've often enjoyed releases by Konami in its long-running series, the latest entry is the only title that has gripped me like the franchise did in its heyday, back when it was pumping out dominant iterations on a yearly basis for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

I'm not biased towards PES or FIFA. I've adored both franchises with varying degrees of passion over the past 20 years, and at present, I enjoy them both. That said, I've found myself more enticed by Konami's game over the past few months, and I want to take this opportunity to discuss why PES 2017 emerged as my surprise game of the year.

Read More - Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
I agree 100% sir. The regents are a bit of a pain but on the pitch it is awesome. I'm in year 4 of a Master League playing every game.

Such a great game.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
The regens are possibly the worst thing about this game. I just leave them on my youth squad, but yes, it is ridiculous getting all the superstar regens coming thru the youth system. Completely broken.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:25 PM   #4
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
I'm in year 4 of mine as well, just got Huddersfield Town promoted. I also don't take the regens from the youth squad. This ranks right up there with the Show for game of the year for me.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Agreed sir. PES was by far the best sports game of the year. Physics are near perfect. Tons of team and player individuality. In terms of lack of licenses taking away from immersion, fair point but not an issue for me as I'm on the Steam (PC) version where there is no short of Patches/Option Files to fill that void. Frankly, the community does a better job re rosters etc anyway, so it's even better imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Re: Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year

2017 and 2016 are great games the slight improvements they made to 2017 make it slightly better in my opinion. There are option files out there so the lack of licenses is really a non starter for me.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm intrigued by this article. As someone who is new to the footy world I have always played FIFA. More so because of the many different teams and leagues that are licensed. I like learning about new players and FIFA gives me that opportunity. I have heard that PES is very limited with licenses. But have also heard that there is a way to DL roster from different creators. If this is possible i may just give PES a go.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Re: Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
I'm intrigued by this article. As someone who is new to the footy world I have always played FIFA. More so because of the many different teams and leagues that are licensed. I like learning about new players and FIFA gives me that opportunity. I have heard that PES is very limited with licenses. But have also heard that there is a way to DL roster from different creators. If this is possible i may just give PES a go.
It most definitely is possible if you have the PS3 or the PS4 version of the game. Just Google PES 2017 completed option files. Kits emblems managers Bundesliga and the Mexican league as well as some others. My only problem with the game is the dearth of stadiums. Not many at all but once you are in the game it really doesn't matter too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »