Home

Riding PES rainbow (exploring and describing the ATTACK/DEFENSE levels).

This is a discussion on Riding PES rainbow (exploring and describing the ATTACK/DEFENSE levels). within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Riding PES rainbow (exploring and describing the ATTACK/DEFENSE levels).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saipopomax
I've tried G/O and its pretty good. The problem is I dont know each team playing style so its difficult for me to edit each team's tactic in terms of formation, long ball/short pass, counter/possesion, etc. May I know where can I get this informations such as website, etc. ?
whoscored i think is the best about statistic and tactics
also transfermarket and goal (just for unknown teams at least you can see some formation disposal).
Add .com after any site name to get the right link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #42
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
Just to know, try to check these teams, should have different behavior

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6&postcount=55
On PC you can just rename these files to correspond to teams you're not using in the OF. Not sure if you can remove them entirely, but you can also just import a "neutral" one in place for those you don't like and assign that one to one of the South American fake teams, for example. If you want to
relocate the team ID from Arsenal to ZAGREPAQU, just export it, rename it to team_id_04046.bin and import it instead of team_id_01010.bin.

Alternatively, you can just delete the instruction ID's that each of the team instructions refer to within the team_id files, which are found in the json section.

All this being said, the AI seems to largely adjust their A/D levels based on your team's A/D levels. So if you either use manual A/D settings or "base copy" green/Orange from Colombia (or the one you want) the CPU seems to react accordingly. This opens up the game a whole lot and brings lots of good situations and very little repetition. Not sure how this pans out in BAL mode, but I've already gotten rid of all the O/B settings in PL, and the matches are really fun.

I always stayed away from PL due to the matches being largely boring, so thanks for figuring out why.

PS. If some (or all) of this has already been mentioned, I'm sorry. I couldn't be arsed to read through 6 pages of posts.

Last edited by ZeroTheHero; 05-20-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
On PC you can just rename these files to correspond to teams you're not using in the OF. Not sure if you can remove them entirely, but you can also just import a "neutral" one in place for those you don't like and assign that one to one of the South American fake teams, for example. If you want to
relocate the team ID from Arsenal to ZAGREPAQU, just export it, rename it to team_id_04046.bin and import it instead of team_id_01010.bin.

Alternatively, you can just delete the instruction ID's that each of the team instructions refer to within the team_id files, which are found in the json section.

All this being said, the AI seems to largely adjust their A/D levels based on your team's A/D levels. So if you either use manual A/D settings or "base copy" green/Orange from Colombia (or the one you want) the CPU seems to react accordingly. This opens up the game a whole lot and brings lots of good situations and very little repetition. Not sure how this pans out in BAL mode, but I've already gotten rid of all the O/B settings in PL, and the matches are really fun.

I always stayed away from PL due to the matches being largely boring, so thanks for figuring out why.

PS. If some (or all) of this has already been mentioned, I'm sorry. I couldn't be arsed to read through 6 pages of posts.
Thnks, good to know.
My idea was pretty the same, but would like to act over those file (tactics exported)

https://mega.nz/#!K04QFaCJ!fqDSmN49_...KKecNHCK9R9fUE

so just copy an paste to a different tactics is required to change to the teams behavior without change the whole disposal.. but i need to test it better, nesa said that i'm right so i think could be the right and more quick method to change all my tacts without spend too much time. that parts.. (tested and something changes)

Last edited by kilay; 05-20-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:02 PM   #44
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

I was thinking of just exporting the team_id_01010.bin if it bothered you. I've gotten Tottenham to play with very offensive backs without using Advanced setting (or side midfield) by copying Real Madrid's (I think it was) team ID, deleting Everton's and insert one that corresponds with Spurs' team ID.

But if Nesa says you're right, you are probably right.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
I was thinking of just exporting the team_id_01010.bin if it bothered you. I've gotten Tottenham to play with very offensive backs without using Advanced setting (or side midfield) by copying Real Madrid's (I think it was) team ID, deleting Everton's and insert one that corresponds with Spurs' team ID.

But if Nesa says you're right, you are probably right.
there are some bit that control that, not bytes, so is difficult catch the right value to change, but i can isolate that in some way.
You idea is also right... but that require to rebuild the whole tacts.
I like my tatcs but i hate the teams behavior (unfortunately i've used the monaco B/B as base to create a a common 4-3-3 imported over many teams) so i need to change a lot of teams... and that way seems the quickest.

Now changing those 5 couple i can change the behavior but that change also support range, def line compatctness and maybe possession\counter or wide\center (i need to test a bit)

Last edited by kilay; 05-20-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #46
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

I just wanted Tottenham to play with offensive backs when CPU controlled as well. Recreating their behavior when you're using them in ML is much easier. I am actually trying to set my game up for a proper BAL experience. Once I've gotten the most important teams to play "as they should" I'm going to start a career.

I am struggling with Barcelona, they are too vulnerable in defense when controlled by CPU. Anyway my #1 priority is making good teams effective and #2 priority is to make them play somewhat as they do in real life without sacrificing effectiveness. I've managed to do it with Real Madrid, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester City (and so on) but for some reason Barcelona is just way too weak in defense. I always score ~5 goals against them.

A main issue when creating tactics for teams that play overwhelming football (Bayern, Barca etc.) is that a major reason why they can do what they do is because opponents usually retreat into a very defensive strategy against them. That doesn't happen in PES, and the good players aren't "good enough" to force opponents down like they often do in real life.

In PES 2016 I created an OF that was intended to use as Barcelona, where I made all teams except Barcelona play more or less defensive football. That worked to some extent but the main problem was that all teams produced very few goals in the generated background matches, so the league tables were a bit unrealistic. The individual matches that I played with Barcelona either in BAL or ML were very realistic.

Last edited by ZeroTheHero; 05-21-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:58 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
I just wanted Tottenham to play with offensive backs when CPU controlled as well. Recreating their behavior when you're using them in ML is much easier. I am actually trying to set my game up for a proper BAL experience. Once I've gotten the most important teams to play "as they should" I'm going to start a career.

I am struggling with Barcelona, they are too vulnerable in defense when controlled by CPU. Anyway my #1 priority is making good teams effective and #2 priority is to make them play somewhat as they do in real life without sacrificing effectiveness. I've managed to do it with Real Madrid, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester City (and so on) but for some reason Barcelona is just way too weak in defense. I always score ~5 goals against them.

A main issue when creating tactics for teams that play overwhelming football (Bayern, Barca etc.) is that a major reason why they can do what they do is because opponents usually retreat into a very defensive strategy against them. That doesn't happen in PES, and the good players aren't "good enough" to force opponents down like they often do in real life.

In PES 2016 I created an OF that was intended to use as Barcelona, where I made all teams except Barcelona play more or less defensive football. That worked to some extent but the main problem was that all teams produced very few goals in the generated background matches, so the league tables were a bit unrealistic. The individual matches that I played with Barcelona either in BAL or ML were very realistic.
I'm pretty sure that the main issue with barca is the absurd combo deep def line + offensive wingbacks...

in the next day i will investigate over that, anyway if you merge both my higlighted strings you will get the full behavior (att/def in the second screen and hidden advanced tactis behavior in the first screen )

Last edited by kilay; 05-21-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #48
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

That tool is just amazing, thanks for sharing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »