Home

PES 2018 Beta Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Beta Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #9
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: PES 2018 Beta Impressions

Finally played some Co-op last night, fun stuff, even with the occasional ballhogging teammate. Definitely noticed a slight delay in responsiveness that wasn't there in 1v1 (only talking a few matches, so take it FWIW). It wasn't anything that makes me not want to play, it just takes some adjustment when you combine it with the extra pressure often present with multiple human opponents.

However, it did cause my least favorite PES animation to appear far too often... the floaty pop-up chest trap. It looks very unnatural, especially since the ball generally behaves quite realistically as it deflects/caroms/rebounds.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #10
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I used to be a big Pro Evo fan on 360 for a little bit. It's the reason that I play with alternate in controls in Fifa to this day. However, I just can't get into the gameplay anymore. It has some good things going for it, but I hate the way that the game feels. If I enjoyed playing it more I could justify picking it up, but there's really no reason to at this point. I played a guy in the beta and knew it wasn't for me.

It would also be nice to see them get their menus up to par at some point. The game just feels like it's trying to be low tier. Little fixes like that could help a little bit.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #11
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Finally played some Co-op last night, fun stuff, even with the occasional ballhogging teammate. Definitely noticed a slight delay in responsiveness that wasn't there in 1v1 (only talking a few matches, so take it FWIW). It wasn't anything that makes me not want to play, it just takes some adjustment when you combine it with the extra pressure often present with multiple human opponents.
I agree with this... the co-op is playable though which is a good thing. I think this could great with a friend or 2
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »