Home

PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC)

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #33
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Anyone want to get a few shareplay matches later on tonight (assuming this feature works for the demo) I am curious to see what some human vs human matches are like with this code. I know I have KG, ezio, dmendy and ezsmilez psn ids. Just let me know psn Rammel29 I will be free between 6PM-9PM EDT tonight.
I played a few games against my son and it was better than playing vs. the CPU IMO.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #34
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Not going to jump overboard on the lack of fouls yet as there are some fixes with formations we are limited from in the demo along with other roster edits and more to improve things. Not to mention the short demo time, so I expect it to be better in the full release. It is nothing game breaking like 16, but still, it is an issue. I honestly doubt things will improve as the feedback the devs get is more weighed on the UT side of things and not sim. Unless we get a bunch of those guys sending feedback they cannot draw any free kicks to use Beckham with, it will remain the way it is going forward.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 08-30-2017, 05:39 PM   #35
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I played a few games against my son and it was better than playing vs. the CPU IMO.
Yeah I am getting this will be the case which isn't a bad thing I guess, I had a lot of fun playing against people the beta and 3v3 will be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
Not going to jump overboard on the lack of fouls yet as there are some fixes with formations we are limited from in the demo along with other roster edits and more to improve things. Not to mention the short demo time, so I expect it to be better in the full release.
I don't expect it to be any better in the full release because the problem has existed in the game for years. They're not fixing it because they either don't want to or don't know how to....probably the former as it was fine back in the good old days of PES about 10 years ago.

I feel the problem with fouls is not so much the lack of fouls as the lack of free-kicks being awarded for fouls committed by the cpu. In PES2017, I would get blatantly hacked down by the cpu but very rarely was a free-kick or penalty awarded. Come to think of it, I don't think I was ever awarded a single penalty in my entire time playing PES2017, and I can't actually remember ever getting a free-kick within shooting distance. And the refereeing bias perpetually in favour of the cpu remains very irritating.

I find this demo to be underwhelming. What was good about PES2017 (the general feel and pace) remains good with some very slight improvements, and the numerous flaws remain untouched and have done for too many years. I can't be bothered listing them any more as they clearly can't be bothered fixing them, or even acknowledging them.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:55 PM   #37
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's my thoughts. I downloaded the demo, played 4 games, quit the game, deleted the demo, and that was it.

For sure day 1 purchase for me. Game is fluid and vintage PES. Got it on both PS4 and PC. Can't wait to play it on PC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-30-2017, 09:06 PM   #38
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Here's my thoughts. I downloaded the demo, played 4 games, quit the game, deleted the demo, and that was it.

For sure day 1 purchase for me. Game is fluid and vintage PES. Got it on both PS4 and PC. Can't wait to play it on PC.

I'm confused. You really liked the game but deleted the demo already? Nothing wrong with that, I have just never heard of that before.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:11 PM   #39
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
I'm confused. You really liked the game but deleted the demo already? Nothing wrong with that, I have just never heard of that before.
Lol yeah, when I like a demo, I delete them. Actually playing demos that I know I like of games I know I'll get is a pet peeve of mine. Want the game to be as fresh as possible.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:57 PM   #40
Rookie

Anton10's Arena

OVR: 0

I have played a handful of games on the demo and I love it, the animations the weight of the ball, strategy etc. The main thing I found was that it may be a bit easy. I was playing Superstar level (I'm Top Class normally) and I found it easy to disposes the AI and also to dribble around and get a shot off (not every time but quite a bit). I think the difficulty needs to be upped so the AI plays harder, tackles harder etc. The AI attack seems fine but I have most of the ball. I found this with a few of the teams and playing matches against teams of similar skill, i.e. Boca vs River and Barca vs Dortmund. I assume (hoping) the difficulty will be similar to previous PES games. I know ML is always harder but I find exhibition games can be tough too on PES 2017 and earlier games.

Anyone else think the demo maybe a bit easy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »