Home

PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC)

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 12:42 AM   #41
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I dont know what to say here. While i think the game is unbelievable in some areas like animations, they are insanely good and in so many contexts blows my mind some of the reactions.
The defense is just so bad in renders the game unplayable in my mind.
I so wanted this to be good. Besides the wide open spaces everyone is allowed the defense just dont do anything positive.
They hardly mark tight, they just run along side attackers without reacting to anything.
Any rebound or deflection in the box they still run the opposite way.
Just standing off attackers allowing them to do what ever.
On thru balls they step up first to allow the attacker behind them , that seems hard scripted in there come on no other reason for that other than its geared towards wild 6-5 affairs.
The game resembles a sunday league pub league not real footy.
Sorry to piss on the parade and i so wanted this to be the one.
The game is a defensive shambles im sorry.
So pissed off.

Whats with the fullbacks just running away from their winger just allowing him to waltz into the box.

Last edited by JimmyDeicide; 08-31-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 01:15 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now (Change region to New Zealand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
Fake news everyone, nothing to see here.

You're embarrassing yourself with such an inaccurate comment.

I never understood people like you; the fanboy, if you will.

Does EA pay you to lie? What about FIFA makes you make up stories, exactly?

I buy FIFA and PES every year; one for the bells and whistles, and one for authentic gameplay. There's nothing wrong with liking more than one game.
So which one has the authentic gameplay?

I played 10 Games on Superstar Difficulty without 1 Foul being called, if you dribble past 1 player the CPU backs off until you get into the box, just following your teammates, not the Ball, same issue 4 years in a row now since moving to the Fox Engine

to me this feels like a fun little Arcade Game, nothing more, especially offline

btw last FIFA Game i owned was in 2003
Old 08-31-2017, 03:49 AM   #43
Rookie

Smutka's Arena

OVR: 0

I have played about 6 games on top player (fifa always legendary) and i think its too easy also. 3W/2D/1L but in all games i have posession over sixty and lots of shots and open space dribbles. Feel like i can roulette the opponent however i like. Sure a couple draws and a loss but by one goal and for my mistake. Defending is easy...i play 10min and -2 speed (last year on fifa i had to do alot job to even get a good shooting chance) gonna try next highest difficulty and with no control assists.

Last edited by Smutka; 08-31-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:49 AM   #44
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm currently on the field and will be downloading the demo over the weekend. I played the online beta and thought that was incredible!

After Reading some impressions here, I'm getting a different vibe: This seems more like PES 17.5.
So is it PES 17.5?
Old 08-31-2017, 04:01 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton10
I have played a handful of games on the demo and I love it, the animations the weight of the ball, strategy etc. The main thing I found was that it may be a bit easy. I was playing Superstar level (I'm Top Class normally) and I found it easy to disposes the AI and also to dribble around and get a shot off (not every time but quite a bit). I think the difficulty needs to be upped so the AI plays harder, tackles harder etc. The AI attack seems fine but I have most of the ball. I found this with a few of the teams and playing matches against teams of similar skill, i.e. Boca vs River and Barca vs Dortmund. I assume (hoping) the difficulty will be similar to previous PES games. I know ML is always harder but I find exhibition games can be tough too on PES 2017 and earlier games.

Anyone else think the demo maybe a bit easy?
Your experience mirrors mine. Last year I was struggling to play on Top Player but in the Demo I'm able to dribble past defenders on Superstar and hold possession with ease. A case in point was a game against Germany on Superstar. I won easily 2:0, both goals coming from Neymar slaloming through the defense. I know he has a high skills rating but it was the lethargic reaction of the defenders which left me bewildered. In PES 17 defenders would be extremely aggressive once you approach the penalty area, they would tackle and slide in but in the demo they just jog around with little attempt to win the ball. This is the World Champion we are talking about, not just any team. The fact that this year strikers can beat defenders with quick changes of pace and directions makes them much more lethal and if defenders are going to allow that much time and space without challenging (even on Superstar), this is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited by iaxy; 08-31-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 06:57 AM   #46
Just started!

OVR: 0

love to play pes 18
Old 08-31-2017, 08:02 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 6

Played some games yesterday, tried mixing a lot of teams to get a bigger "vision" about the game. Graphics, sound, bells and whistles, i donīt really care for that, they are good enough for me.

As always, i found the demo very easy. However, i know that play now games in PES are always easy and the mode i always play (Master League offline) is on a difficulty of his own, itīs always much, much harder. So im not concerned with this matter for now.

I think PES is the best and the worst on two distinct parts: itīs at itīs best around the box, and at itīs worst away from the box (midfield).

I found the gameplay near the box the best representation of football iīve ever played. The possibilities, the randomness, the feeling that any play can fail or suceed is the best thing in PES.

Unfortunately, the midfield game is nowhere near as good. Now, could the gameplay near the box be as good if the midfield game was improved in areas such as positioning and pressing? I donīt have a good answer but i can do a comparison: to me, personally, the great midfield game in FIFA has no equivalence near the box. Itīs the opposite of PES, the absolute opposite. To me, FIFA is terrible around the box, no variety, no feeling of "anything can happen".

So, could it be that at this stage , a game with a good midfield game can not have a good game near the box, and vice-versa? I donīt know, but i feel that itīs the state of things now... letīs see.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:15 AM   #48
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
I'm currently on the field and will be downloading the demo over the weekend. I played the online beta and thought that was incredible!

After Reading some impressions here, I'm getting a different vibe: This seems more like PES 17.5.
So is it PES 17.5?
Not at all. I see some issues (Lack of fouls being the biggest one) but I'm not seeing half the issues people on here are talking about. I think it all comes down to how you play really.

If I wanted, I could take Messi an dribble part everyone, just like I can in FIFA. But I play a slow, pass it around build up and have found it difficult at times to break the CPU down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »