Home

PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #297
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
For people complaining about lack of fouls, I get what you mean overall, but I don't agree that the CPU is committing fouls that just aren't being called. Look at the replays in closeup slo-mo and make sure they don't get the ball before you get mad.

I'm averaging about 2 CPU fouls per game, with a yellow about every other game. Not saying it's enough, but it could be worse. It's all about taking touches and pushing the ball away from defenders. They will slide tackle you from behind if you create space.

I'm not interested in a patch that fixes fouls by making CPU defenders as braindead as last year.
I'm able to get fouls also. All this "There are no fouls!" is not accurate.

But, I'll agree there aren't enough fouls. A big part of it seems to be the AI isn't capable of calling some of the "ticky-tacky" fouls that do occur. Many times the CPU will "clip" me or some other slight trip or hack that causes me to stumble while their teammate steals the ball. That should draw a whistle.

Also a problem are the times the ref does call a foul, but plays advantage when there really isn't any. Those should be a whistle. Many times I've had a foul in a clearly advantageous position that doesn't get whistled because the ref plays advantage. And no way to get the whistle...it used to be if you just released all controls it would be called, but I can't get that in this version.

Also, there are some bad player clipping issues. I've seen a few examples posted over the last week or so that if the clipping didn't happen, it would've been a clear situation where a foul would be called.

There has been a statement there would be an increase of fouls in a future patch, and the other day there was a note in the game about another issue that would be fixed in a patch later in November. So let's hope this is at least an idea of when we can hope to see a fix.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a real problem with the AI playing the same way every single time, almost to perfection, made me almost throw it out. Superstar difficulty is horrible and professional is a bit too easy for me at times. So, I decided to go top player in 20 minute games with the dinamic wide cam. Using Bielsa's favorite formation, 3133, posession game, with gegenpress to imitate the intensity, started a new ML in Serie B with Pescara and I'm finally enjoying this game. Every game finishes with real like statistics and close scores. But seeing the intensity of Bielsa's teams on the pitch is just beautiful.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:51 AM   #299
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligangy
I had a real problem with the AI playing the same way every single time, almost to perfection, made me almost throw it out. Superstar difficulty is horrible and professional is a bit too easy for me at times. So, I decided to go top player in 20 minute games with the dinamic wide cam. Using Bielsa's favorite formation, 3133, posession game, with gegenpress to imitate the intensity, started a new ML in Serie B with Pescara and I'm finally enjoying this game. Every game finishes with real like statistics and close scores. But seeing the intensity of Bielsa's teams on the pitch is just beautiful.
AI will be cheating in top player too, you'll find it out soon mate. Unfortunately true
Old 10-23-2017, 06:50 AM   #300
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
AI will be cheating in top player too, you'll find it out soon mate. Unfortunately true
I know but it is now a lot more bearable and realistic. Before I just wanted yo throw it down the s****hole.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:54 AM   #301
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
I know but it is now a lot more bearable and realistic. Before I just wanted yo throw it down the s****hole.
Sorry mate, what do you mean "by now" ? I'm not playing the game last 2 weeks, did they make some changes to gameplay ?

I was frustrated with top player difficulty 2 weeks ago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 06:51 AM   #302
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Sorry mate, what do you mean "by now" ? I'm not playing the game last 2 weeks, did they make some changes to gameplay ?

I was frustrated with top player difficulty 2 weeks ago
No we are still waiting on the patch. What I did do is change the tactics of all the teams in Serie B with Matt's att/def levels, and did some other tweeks using paphinos and royce's tactics. I also hiked up the time to 20 on -2 speed and use the super cancel button while i'm on defense.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:27 AM   #303
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
No we are still waiting on the patch. What I did do is change the tactics of all the teams in Serie B with Matt's att/def levels, and did some other tweeks using paphinos and royce's tactics. I also hiked up the time to 20 on -2 speed and use the super cancel button while i'm on defense.
Thanks for the explanation. I hope the patch comes up soon
Old 10-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #304

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Stuck trying to figure out the difficulty levels. Superstar is playable on exhibition matches, even though the CPU scoring has that automatic/scripted feeling at times, but cup matches on that difficulty are punishing and barely worth the effort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »