Home

PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2018, 02:52 AM   #401
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

There's no explanation for CPU players to play like super humans when there's a derby match.

I understand that they hustle more in derby matches but how can they be more technical and more accurate when shooting the ball ? That's nonsense.

Derby matches in Master League is nonsense in Pes 2018
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #402
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
There's no explanation for CPU players to play like super humans when there's a derby match.

I understand that they hustle more in derby matches but how can they be more technical and more accurate when shooting the ball ? That's nonsense.

Derby matches in Master League is nonsense in Pes 2018

Jesus..so that's why. I was playing Liverpool as Man U in a season and it seemed like Liverpool had 20 men on the field.

They were applying constant pressure at full speed...2nd man pressing my ball handler..and I could never find any space..you'd think that gaps would open up but there were literally none. In a 15 minute per half game, they ripped off 15 shots on goal
Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #403
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I’ve made it 3/4 through my first season of master league playing on top player. One of my favourite games in recent memory for sure. I’ve kinda ranted about the difficulty and I’ve come to understand and appreciate it in a weird psychotic way. Lol

Through my internet research lol Ive found alot of people call it scripting and people generally have different view points of what scripting means and if it exists. Whatever it is, it exists in PES 18. I don’t know if I’d call it scripting and I’ve seen a ton of other threads that debate the concept in many sports games that get pretty heated. For the sake of describing what I understand ill call it “cheap AI with a purpose”. The cpu at times get super human at tackling, passing, shooting accuracy, unlimited turbo regardless of the teams skill level you are playing. The game will also nerf your ability to do the same and doing any fundamental actions becomes a chore. Awareness is out the window and you can literally watch your players purposely take a step the wrong way allowing their mark to get free to the net either dribbling or for an uncontested thru pass. The most obvious situations this happens is during derby matches or cup contests. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Here’s where I talk about the “with a purpose” part. Through hours of playing and hours of reading on the internet the biggest factor is team spirit. If you can keep your team spirit up it will go a long way in curbing the nonsense. Basically Konami has done this to add a dynamic of morale and continuity that adds a layer of depth to master league. A lot of sports games have a morale system but they have all been pretty shallow and generally other than a cool concept, it’s not something I’ve worried about controlling as a gamer. In PES it’s essential you manage it. Instead of just trying to get the best players you need to get the best players for your team. It’s a tough concept to implement because purposely cheating the user is risky but if you understand why it’s happening, it really pays off. Managing your team really matters. Subs really matter. Who you make captain really matters. To go from getting a complete beat down in a rivalry match to actually winning one with a well managed team is extremely rewarding. Winning my first derby match was as exhilarating an experience as any I can remember in a sports game.

With that being said the cheap AI does rear its head in another situation that I’m less thrilled about. For some reason Konami decided that if things are going too well you really need to lose. Even with team spirit at 92 every once in a while, if I haven’t lost in a while, the shenanigans begin. I get it I guess. They want you to have a challenge but it usually happens to me against a far inferior team and it’s super blatant and obvious. Within 30 seconds of the match starting everything is just off and I know it’s going to be a long day. If I somehow manage to win or draw it’s going to keep happening so I’ve learned it’s just best to lose and the game will be back to normal next match. Like I said I think I understand what Konami was thinking but it’s just not a good plan to force unfair gameplay that can’t be combated like team spirit for no other reason than because you haven’t lost in a while. I went on a run that I hadn’t lost in 6 games. Out of the 6 I only actually won 1 but I tied 5 and the next game was ridiculous. I rage quit I dunno how many times and each time I replayed it was the same. I managed to get thru the game in a tie. Next game the same. Rinse repeat. Tied. Next game the same till I was ready to be done with PES. Ended up taking a 5-0 loss to Huddersfield. After the loss everything went back to normal.f” For a while at least. I’m in 5th in the premier league having gone on a 5 game no loss streak and the cheese is back. If it was against anyone in the top half of the table I could probably swallow it easier but it’s the worst team with no one higher than 75 overall. It just feels unnecessary.

I’m sure most PES vets know about all this but I’m pretty new to the series and if any of this helps alleviate any one else’s frustration it was worth my time writing. This truly is an amazing game. When I score it feels like I created a goal. When I win I feel like I earned it. Most of the time when I lose its earned but not always and that’s a bit of a shame but overall I can deal with it.

This perfectly sums up why I can hang with the CPU on Top Player, in exhibition matches..but get nailed to a cross in season or cups on the same difficulty...with no idea why it is happening
Old 03-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #404
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Jesus..so that's why. I was playing Liverpool as Man U in a season and it seemed like Liverpool had 20 men on the field.

They were applying constant pressure at full speed...2nd man pressing my ball handler..and I could never find any space..you'd think that gaps would open up but there were literally none. In a 15 minute per half game, they ripped off 15 shots on goal

Part of the reason for that too is Liverpool’s team AI is set up to “gegenpress” which basically means they’re going to try to win the ball back from you as soon as you get it regardless of where you’re at on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #405
Rookie

Master League stinks in PES 2018 and has done for years now.

I don’t quite understand why Konami ignore this mode now, so many PES gamers want an in-depth career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #406
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

But they had time to force a broken buyout clause system in there...
Old 04-19-2018, 03:21 AM   #407
MVP

lareka's Arena

I'm on a sacred mission to bring Parma back to relevancy !

They were a hot team in mid 1990s until they had huge financial crisis.

Went back to Serie A in first season and now hovering around 4th place in Serie A after 15 games.

Some free transfers helped the team bounce back quickly - Gabriel Barbosa , Cedric Bakambu, Ascacibar, Bruno Henrique, Taider and etc.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #408
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
This perfectly sums up why I can hang with the CPU on Top Player, in exhibition matches..but get nailed to a cross in season or cups on the same difficulty...with no idea why it is happening
Squad roles is the solution. Once you've got a few players that improve spirit and form arrows, particularly for these matches, the derby matches are the highlights of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »