Home

PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

Mods, if this thread is inappropriate right now, please close.

So I got my copy last night. PS4. Didn't play much at all last year so my impressions are probably not the best reference in regards to how it differs from last year. Just played one game on professional. Used 2 weak, even teams in the Asian Champions League. The game was overall fun. Ended 1-1. I left all tactics default for now. The first thing I noticed was that the CPU was really aggressive in marking and pressuring me, even in my own half. I did not have much time on the ball for most of the game. Had to rely on quick passing around.
For the 1st half I played with one bar of pass assistance. It seemed way too easy as I ended with about 95% passing in that half. 2nd half I turned off the passing assistance and there was a hug drop down to around 65% passing. Pretty drastic. Might just be me sucking, but I wish there was a happy medium. I think the logic on no assistance passing is pretty off at times too. So if I have a man a few yards away and I'm looking right at him and give barely enough power on the pass, I expect it to go to his general area, but instead I find that it goes to another teammate even further away with the closer teammate not even trying for it.
I played a10 min game and unfortunately there was only 1 foul. Pretty sad. Goalkeeping seemed pretty solid and saw some nice saves. The cpu was able to maintain realistic possession % so that was good to see. They attacked pretty well especially in the 2nd half when they were pressing for the equalizer.

Another interesting thing I noticed while browsing the edit mode is that there are 3 new competitions called "champions shield north america, champions shield south america and champions shield asia". I checked my pes 2017 (pc) and these are not in there. Not sure what they are or how to participate in them though. Gonna play a bit more now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Re: PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

Played a 15 min, professional game. I was Atletico Madrid visiting Liverpool. Game was fun although I really beat them down, 7-2 with 6 goals by Gameiro. I will def bump up the difficulty and see how it plays out. What's interesting is, that even though I destroyed them, the game was pretty even in the stats. I had 55% possession and 13 total shots, 7 on target to their 12 shots and 10 on target. I completed 135 of 152 passes to their 137 of 163 passes. I did play the whole game with 1 bar pass assist. I guess Gameiro was just on fire for me. Again, only 2 total fouls. So that's not good.

Graphics are fine for me. Ball physics seem good too. The player weight feels good. I been playing on -1 speed and it feels perfect. A very nit picky thing is the scoreboard......very bland and generic. Like they just pasted on a rectangle shape with color and said there's our scoreboard.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Is there like no fouls at all by cpu? This is probabaly the one and only thing i wont buy the game...
Old 09-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Is there like no fouls at all by cpu? This is probabaly the one and only thing i wont buy the game...
doesn't look like it. My last game, on top player, 1 total foul again...by me.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
doesn't look like it. My last game, on top player, 1 total foul again...by me.
Could you try a ML? Usually the gameplay have a drastic change in tournaments or ML, BAL..
And (sorry for questions) i don't know which version you have, bu my question is : 'is that yet patched (cuz on PS4 there is a patch available)?'
Btw thnks for sharing info and feelings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #6
Rookie

And about PA IMO that shouldn't be part of a football game, but anyway you're right that always happen (wrong target player) in the last PES edition.
For me play on assited give only castrated result, with less realism, a less error ratio (at least for users)... and i don't wanna speak about basicv shoot... but my thought is pretty the same (just noob settings) , but all the users needs a good compromise to play as they like
Old 09-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
Could you try a ML? Usually the gameplay have a drastic change in tournaments or ML, BAL..
And (sorry for questions) i don't know which version you have, bu my question is : 'is that yet patched (cuz on PS4 there is a patch available)?'
Btw thnks for sharing info and feelings
currently doing an ACL tournament on top player and fouls are literally non existent. I'm on ps4 and have not been prompted for a patch. Although the network/online stuff has been down. No Live Update either.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
currently doing an ACL tournament on top player and fouls are literally non existent. I'm on ps4 and have not been prompted for a patch. Although the network/online stuff has been down. No Live Update either.
that from yesterday , but probably even it's happened Konami have yet blocked that...
Or could also be a hoax

http://www.italiatopgames.it/articol...su-ps4/121140/

Last edited by kilay; 09-09-2017 at 04:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »