Home

All manual on Professional level is where it's at its best

This is a discussion on All manual on Professional level is where it's at its best within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: All manual on Professional level is where it's at its best

After playing with manual for about 3 days, I switched back to Level 1 assist to test my theory.

I played two Champions League games against Sporting Lisbon (CPU) on Professional level – 20 minutes in my League Mode with Napoli. On "Manual" I lost 3:0. On "Assisted 1" I won 7:0! 7:0!!!!
Repeated the experiment again and found similar results...

Currently, the difference between Manual and Assisted 1 is huge. Assisted 1 is too assisted, whereas manual messes with the game’s code. I will try to explain:

When I play with Assisted 1, the ball recipients “expects” the pass, i.e. the flow of the game is maintained. This is also evident with the through passes as the recipient makes much more intelligent runs.

On manual, it seems like the recipient gets into a glitch as they do not “expect” the pass (even though the pass is accurately made towards them). Often times the intended recipient just lets the ball sail past their feet. Worse still the AI has a tendency of deciding that another player should be the recipient of the pass (even if this AI-“chosen” player is actually further away from the action). This is bad programming on Konami’s part. Accurate crosses are nearly impossible to execute on Manual. On the rare occasions where you swing an accurate cross in, the recipient suffers from the same syndrome of “not expecting” the ball and the ball just sails past of even hits him, when you have given a shoot command. This leading to frustration and I am now debating whether to continue with these controls.

Konami should offer at least 2-3 levels between Manual and Assisted 1.
They should also offer some sort of accuracy slider for the CPU, because the CPU’s ability to make 100% pinpoint passes in the 30 – 40 yards range is simply ridiculous. This ruins the game big time.

In my original post I thought that All Manual would be the solution towards a sim, realistic game. But I am now finding that frustration is prevailing over the search for simulation. I have a dilemma whether to persevere with Manual or go use Assisted 1.

What are other Manual users’ observations?

Last edited by iaxy; 09-26-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #18
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Yup, this is where I settled in with 2017 after flirting with different combos. Although, I will admit to being quite fond of advanced shooting and its ability to hit hard low corner shots.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #19
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

OVR: 0

For me manuals this year is much easier for passing and stats vs com show me that too. Been playing manuals for many years and my passing accuracy is 86%, at PES 2017 it was 78%.

Crossing seems same, very accurate. Alltough i have been always very good crosser with manuals, that i learned first on FIFA 10.

Shooting is also basically same for me as last year PES. I mainly hit target or atleast make good atempt. My problem have allways been and it still is for shooting too close to keeper. I still shoot too center on goal and havent learned finishing on as good level as my passing is.

There is also problem with controlled shot on manuals and have been many years on PES, they are too often completly straight shots even though there should been curve/swerve on ball. With Basic shoot setting there is no problem/bug with controlled shot and shots curve as they should be.

Some locking problems also with manual passing and that sometimes is frustrateing, but nothing major.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:00 AM   #20
Rookie

I'm also playing with full manual controls and I can confirm Professional is the way to go Vs CPU. Les cheesy CPU, big teams make you struggle, lower teams are easier, etc.

Although, sometimes you will find some games are too easy, specially when you master the manual pass and shot, but all in all, is pretty fair.

I guess eventually I'll go legend difficulty, but I hate how the CPU abuses of the lob thru and pin pong passes.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #21
Rookie

I was playing on level one assisted it’s fine but changed to manual and found it really difficult struggled to control the pass power and direction also through balls were harder even though I kept through balls on basic I like idea it makes it harder but I lost 3 - 0 with Man U against Tottenham I had one shot way off target as I changed shooting to manual to is there a certain way to use these controls or just have to practice lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #22
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie1986
I was playing on level one assisted it’s fine but changed to manual and found it really difficult struggled to control the pass power and direction also through balls were harder even though I kept through balls on basic I like idea it makes it harder but I lost 3 - 0 with Man U against Tottenham I had one shot way off target as I changed shooting to manual to is there a certain way to use these controls or just have to practice lol
you're not the only one. don't feel bad and just play on what you think is best. I have been playing footie games since the beginning and bought both FIFA and PES again this year and play both and think I'm pretty good at both and I don't use full manual hardly ever in footie games. I don't use full manual on either actually at the moment. I just don't like it. I always see many people on the forums saying they love it and it's the only way to play and that's just great for them. I am happy for these people to enjoy that. but for me especially in PES.. I don't like 0 bars manual passing one bit... or I guess have the patience for it. Like you said I will start to lose because i can't pass the ball to whom I want making mistake after mistake even on simple passes. to me this is not realistic and or fun at all when I play like that and nothing but frustrating and not real football for me. I have played this game in real life sine the age of 3 and still do and nothing is more frustrating to me when I'm trying to do something but simply can't do it in the video game because the passing is extremely difficult and unrealistic. people like to say it's realism but for me it's not at all. I will also note I also play a lot of multiplayer and online in fifa so that probably has a lot to do with my views on that because the majority in the online world never use these controls. but even when I play PES offline by myself I don't like it. I prefer pass assist 1 on PES. I am old school when it comes to these games I guess basically and wish the developers would get rid of this pass assist options for controls in both games but I see why they have it for everyone. but to me I really think sports games were better when these many extra settings did not exist. Like NHL94, PES 5 or 6 etc.. these games were so great and didn't have these extra control options we have today. maybe i'm just being nostalgic.. sometimes keeping it simple is better. I personally thought PES for example was just fine without the different pass assist options available. I see why they did it though because FIFA has it.

Last edited by stevostl; 05-07-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #23
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

I love All Manual for passing, crossing etc. and long-distance shots on goal. I struggle with manual shooting controls when I'm in the box and/or on a breakaway. I'm torn between keeping all manual passing and change to basic shooting or leave as is. I think basic is probably more realistic than advanced, no? And arguably manual, based off human controller error. Ronaldo is rarely going to miss a shot from 10 yards out, if he has time to place his shot. I feel like my controlling manual shots screws him up and makes it less realistic.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 06-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
I love All Manual for passing, crossing etc. and long-distance shots on goal. I struggle with manual shooting controls when I'm in the box and/or on a breakaway. I'm torn between keeping all manual passing and change to basic shooting or leave as is. I think basic is probably more realistic than advanced, no? And arguably manual, based off human controller error. Ronaldo is rarely going to miss a shot from 10 yards out, if he has time to place his shot. I feel like my controlling manual shots screws him up and makes it less realistic.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
give advanced a try, as a previous poster said the ability to hit low hard shots is important for me and actually adds quite a bit new shot types and animations that i haven't seen before. I also feel that there is still enough error with advanced that all your shots are not going to be on target. Go into training and play around with the different types of shots that are possible with advanced. Although I will say that I feel basic shooting is more balanced this year and there is more overall error with the shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »