Home

PES 2018 Tactics by Kilay

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Tactics by Kilay within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2018 Tactics by Kilay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
I'll create this in a separate post as it hasn't really anything to do with the id-file.

There's something "strange" about these tactics, like last year. Tweaking Tottenham's default tactic to a 4-2-3-1/4-2-2-2 and tweaking their strategy to how I interpret their style is only moderately successful.

If I import Real Madrid's tactic file to Tottenham and tweak it to the exact same as above, they play really, really well. Backs bomb forward and brings a lot more width and creativity to the team. Both as AI-team and when you play them yourself.

EDIT: After reading through the PES Rainbow-thread again, my memories got kicked into overdrive. I had forgotten all about that A/D-levels and Team ID mess.

Hey Zero, wondering if you can elaborate or link me to RM tactic that you've used with Spurs.

I'm curious because I play online exclusively with spurs and have a hard time generating any offense with them against even decent competition. Granted, I'm going against RM, PSG and Barca 99% of games.

I've generally used a 5-2-2-1 with LB and RB giving support on the wings but feel like Ericksen and Dele (mostly Ericksen) can become invisible in the game for me. If I use any iteration with Son as LAM or LM he barely gets involved.

I'm currently using this formation with:
Possession
Short
Support at around 5-6
Maintain formation

All out defense
Wide
Line and Compactness either 5-6

Advanced tactics:
Defensive (Dier to stay back)
Attacking fullbacks

Counter Target (Kane)
Swarm the box.

This does not feel Spursy to me and I think I'd prefer to play

3-5-2 (Son or Dele as SS directly behind Kane)

Counter
Agressive
Support at 5 or 6
Maintain formation

Just looking to you specifically since you play with Spurs if you've had any consistent success with your tactics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #26
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

OVR: 0

Just go into RM tactics section -> data -> Save tactics and go to Spurs and load it. Tweak the formation to suit your style. I'd recommend using Colombia as a tactical base, though. It's the most conventional one. The RM tactic I'm referring to in the above thread is Kilay's modified one. I have no idea which he used as a base.

With Spurs I set up 4-2-2-2 with two defending midfielders, two AMC (right left) a SS and Kane and have the attacking fullback advanced setting on (and centering targets). This means either Dier or Wanyama forms a 3-man defence and that both backs play ahead of the AMC to provide a lot of width.

Online I play with defensive line at 4 due to the nature of the online game.

Last edited by ZeroTheHero; 01-12-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:26 AM   #27
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

After playing a season of ML with all Kilay's tactics in place for all teams, I must say that the game has improved a whole lot. Note that I use a "normal" tactic for my own team, where I've tweaked the positions match by match until the positioning is the way I want it for my team. There are a lot less obvious weaknesses to exploit with Kilay's tactics and there is a midfield battle in almost every match.

The most surprising and fun experiences this season were the draws and defeats.
Premier League
Tottenham - Chelsea 1-3
West Ham - Tottenham 2-2
Man City - Tottenham 4-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 1-1
Swansea - Tottenham 0-0 !!!

Champions League
Barcelona - Tottenham 3-2 (the final)

Biggest win
Tottenham - Crystal Palace 7-0

Highest scoring match
Tottenham - Arsenal 5-3

My team really had the flow in CL, and the only match I didn't win was the final. The cups seemed also quite a lot calmer than the league matches for some reason. Realistically enough, the two most common results in the matches I was involved with was 2-1 and 2-0 in my favor.

Two thumbs up!

Going to test a season (or a couple) of BAL now, to see if the tactical changes makes or breaks the mode.

Last edited by ZeroTheHero; 01-13-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:37 AM   #28
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

After ten matches of BAL (at Barnsley) I haven't noticed any adverse effects from using these tactics. BAL is funnier than previous years, as the AI for your team and opponent teams are decent. I can't compare it to BAL with default tactics, as I didn't really try it before installing Kilay's tactics.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:49 AM   #29
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Kilay, you should look into the "Possession - Long Ball" combination With medium to low support range. The AI plays really well with this combination and seem to resemble the English style football a lot more than other settings. The AI also seem to dally a lot less on the ball when there are crossing opportunities.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 8

Are there any option files that have these tactics preloaded as I am unfamiliar with how each team plays and what styles they employ.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

These tactics are great, well worth the time it takes to edit teams.

Any more leagues would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2018, 12:35 AM   #32
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

I'm gonna give these tactics a try but is there something else I should do to the team tactics as well, before I start editing every team in the game? Like for instance changing the Attack/Defense levels?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »