Home

What is More Important, Form or Rating?

This is a discussion on What is More Important, Form or Rating? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 03:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

OVR: 0
What is More Important, Form or Rating?

I have been prioritizing form over ratings since I started playing PES again in 17... Am I doing it wrong?

For example, if I have a 68 player with Top form in reserves and a 75 player with normal form on the squad, I pretty much always play the 68. Form shouldn't always be the decider though, like if a 90 rated player has normal form and a 75 rated player has good form, the 90 should probably still be played. If the 90 was in bad form, then it would be a good idea to play the 75.

Is this about correct, or am I getting it completely wrong? Should you play your best players still even if they have the worst form possible? Should you bench your lower-rated players even if they are in high form? Or is it just kind of one of those "coaching decision" situations where there is no one right answer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Inter1's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is More Important, Form or Rating?

I believe stamina should be priority actually. If you have a star player that's blue arrow up on form, but his stamina bar is depleted from over-use, I put someone else in his place because by half time he will most likely have used up all his energy. In derby matches, whoever is blinking with full stamina certainly gets consideration. I have Icardi who is a 85 OVR, and he has been constantly benched for Eder/Lacazette who perform much better under my style of play. Almost done year 1 in ML, and subbing out is key which is just like real football, especially when you have cup/league/european matches during the week. Guys will go on hot streaks and cold snaps. I never play anyone when the arrow is red pointing down. Doesn't matter who it is, they are coming out. It's really up to you how you get the most out of your squad.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I usually approach it with all three in-mind plus team chemistry. PES is very dependent on chemistry so I try to get my team's as high as I can.

There are certain players that are just undroppable, especially if there's a huge difference in overall and/or their replacement player is on bad form. If the difference in OVR is small I'll always play the guy on better form even if his stamina is a little depleted. I'll just sub him later anyway.

It's one of the things PES gets right. Team selection is tough IRL too.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #4
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't think that no players are undroppable. Anyone with a full down, red arrow should be taken off. They will just flub kicks, make bad passes, etc.

That said, there are some hard choices to be made when you have a mediocre player with a full up arrow, and his position is taken by a Messi-calibre player. Do you take them out for the very in-form player? That's a tough call to make.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Im used to think that any down arrow mean a sort of minor injury , like a flu or a a little bruise. So i leave them out in the most of the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2017, 12:04 AM   #6
Rookie

In PES 2017, I feel form was a big deal. In PES 2018, it's still important but not so much to replace a semi-down arrow with a semi-up arrow with > -10 rating
Old 11-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #7
Pro

stevostl's Arena

my rule of thumb is I never play a red arrow player.. even if it's messi. my friends or anyone who acts like form arrows is not a big deal is kidding themselves and just hasn't played the game enough to notice. for me it's a big deal. I primarily play online as well against others so it's even more important in deciding a win a or lost for you imo

it's not worth it. I also try not to play the the 2nd down arrow players but i will sometimes have one or 2 in the lineup if need be.

I would advise against ever playing anyone with red arrows no matter who they are. I have tried playing with red arrow players before. for example a player like Reus I used with a red arrow missed the entire goal when I had a breakaway and i never miss like that. it's just not worth it

overalls I look at too but sometimes I will just look at the stats specific to what player is. if I have an up arrow with slight less overall than a normal player.. I will play that player over him usually

Quote:
I usually approach it with all three in-mind plus team chemistry. PES is very dependent on chemistry so I try to get my team's as high as I can.
I need to start paying more attention to this.. I don't play myclub where I thought this is where it only mattered...

this guy explains form arrows pretty in depth...

Quote:

***READ ME *** Form Arrows Explained in full detail below!
Applies to ALL stats:-
10% Up Arrow
5% Diagonal Up Arrow
0% Right Arrow
-5% Diagonal Down Arrow
-10% Down Arrow

Form frequency determined by Form stat within player attributes. 7 being the highest, and 1 being the lowest.
7 higher chance of being on form
1 barely any chance of being on form

Goals, assists, saves, player ratings all affect form for the NEXT game.

Recommended action
==================
Leave player out of starting lineup and not even on the bench if arrow is either diagonal down -5% or directly down -10%.

Just not worth it!

Last edited by stevostl; 11-06-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #8
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

What I don't like is the player ratings...

Won a match handily. Defense was solid, clean sheet, very few shots allowed...lots of interceptions...

But low ratings for everyone.

If this negatively affects their form, that kinda sucks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »