Home

It feels massively improved - is it just me?

This is a discussion on It feels massively improved - is it just me? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2018, 05:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
It feels massively improved - is it just me?

I played it non stop when it first came out. Initially I loved it, but then it got repetitive and annoying due to the huge spaces in midfield, the lack of pressure from the CPU and the eternity it took to recover from a tackle.

So after a 3 month break, I booted it up again last night and absolutely loved it. I don't know if my mind is going mad, but it feels like all the above mentioned problems have been solved. It's now really organic and the midfield battles are more realistic. I am seeing a scrappier, more unpredictable game - lots of midfield battles, stumbles, accidental contact, etc. My defenders also keep a higher line. The CPU is more aggressive and they press higher. It is also easier to disposes the opponent (I can jockey the CPU and they can do the same to me) and it just feels right somehow.

Is it just me or can others see the same?
Has there been a patch that I am unaware of?

Either way, I feel there is new life in this..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: It feels massively improved - is it just me?

I didn't want to say anything, but the first game I played after the release of this data pack, felt very different. So much so that I actually was awarded my first ever penalty kick in forever during a my club match vs. CPU.

There are more missed passes, more turnovers, much more difficult to retain the ball and bring it upfield uncontested etc...

Could all be a placebo though!!!!
Old 02-21-2018, 02:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played a decent amount today. I don't think I can say it's been all that different. Maybe a match or so, but it's been the same things that made me put the game down.

I did get a penalty, but I didn't think it was a penalty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #4

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I've noticed a difference. CPU seems improved. It's more of a challenge. And I'm usually the one who is to quick to scoff when people claim huge gameplay changes after only playing a few matches.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
I played it non stop when it first came out. Initially I loved it, but then it got repetitive and annoying due to the huge spaces in midfield, the lack of pressure from the CPU and the eternity it took to recover from a tackle.

So after a 3 month break, I booted it up again last night and absolutely loved it. I don't know if my mind is going mad, but it feels like all the above mentioned problems have been solved. It's now really organic and the midfield battles are more realistic. I am seeing a scrappier, more unpredictable game - lots of midfield battles, stumbles, accidental contact, etc. My defenders also keep a higher line. The CPU is more aggressive and they press higher. It is also easier to disposes the opponent (I can jockey the CPU and they can do the same to me) and it just feels right somehow.

Is it just me or can others see the same?
Has there been a patch that I am unaware of?

Either way, I feel there is new life in this..
Yes. It's exactly as you described. Although I was enjoying as it was. Since the last patch everything is as you said. In the same difficulty now cpu plays better defence (complete team). Pressing more (not unrealistic more like fifa) & there is totally different midfield game. More tight game more midfield battles. Tougher to make 1-2 passing (cpu defend better). All the above might be good for some & bad for others. I personally prefer it because it is more realistic

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I8200N μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I wouldn't say it feels massively improved to me but feels more playable than the last time I played it which was late November/early December. It still isn't where I would like it to be but should hold me over for a few months playing a match here and there as Football in general has been a let down for me this season. Other than that I really hope it is an more polished game in ALL areas next year.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Doesn’t feel improved to me at all.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #8
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Yes, it's improved. But there's always these negative nay-sayers who deny any sign of progress regardless of how obvious it is. Some people claim PES5 and 6 is "better" than 2018 as well, so there's always those who can't distinguish between qualitative improvement and personal preference as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »