Home

Dortmund Ends Partnership With Konami

This is a discussion on Dortmund Ends Partnership With Konami within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2018, 11:45 PM   #17
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dortmund Ends Partnership With Konami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Other games have proven that if you add lots of customization and file sharing, you can accompliah the similar thing.

Maybe the official license is not worth the price and PES would rather dedicate monwy towards gameplay and customization. That is not a bad strategy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Konami did not terminate the partnership, BVB did. There's an article on www.pesworld.com of BVB giving their reason as to why they decided (EA) to end the partnership.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:11 PM   #18
Rookie

They got Schalke though!

http://www.thexboxhub.com/konami-announces-official-partnership-with-schalke-04-for-pes-2019/
Old 06-05-2018, 03:04 AM   #19
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Old 06-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #20
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Translated from German:

"In fact, after careful consideration, we decided to end our cooperation with Konami prematurely in order to cooperate with the manufacturer of the successful "FIFA" series EA Sports in the future.

Of course we can understand the disappointment of many PES players, just as we noticed the recurring wish of many "FIFA" players after a new BVB integration.

We are convinced that all black-yellow video game fans worldwide will also be able to offer a high-quality and intensive gaming experience in the future."

Source: BVB Twitter
Old 06-05-2018, 05:55 PM   #21
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It matters though, especially when Konami limits the number of fake teams/leagues.

Not too mention the folks on Xbox 1 who can’t even use option files.

I just wish they’d give us back some of the editing features (create a stadium, custom chants/sounds, etc...) we used to have. Oh, and don’t limit the editing in terms of space. Let me fill up my PS4 HD or external. Oh, one more thing lol, for the love all things this decade let there be option file sharing online via a share site in-game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Konami needs to (won't) hire the engineers behind 2K's custom editing. You can basically redesign an entire team with picking one download option. Want to make the current Cavs like the 96 Cavs... no problem. Logos, jerseys, arenas all get downloaded from 2K from the person that made the edits.

Now having something like this in place will likely take a lot of work but since they have option files, they already have a foundation there.

Now the problem is where in 2K there are logos floating and it seems like there is no issue, I don't know if the same would apply with all the different copyright issues throughout the world.

Right now I'm just on the One X and going from FIFA's amazing presentation and leagues is rough going to PES. Every year I also enjoy FIFA so me going to PES gets smaller each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 07:17 PM   #22
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Now the problem is where in 2K there are logos floating and it seems like there is no issue, I don't know if the same would apply with all the different copyright issues throughout the world.
Yeah, I honestly don't know how 2K gets away with it. You can recreate an entirely authentic college basketball league in NBA 2K no problem, I know the NCAA tried applying pressure with 2K17 but it obviously didn't get them anywhere as the same exact creation elements are in 2K18.

PES already gets away with the same thing to a certain extent. For example, even though Bundesliga isn't available out of the box, it's easy enough to get it in the game if you're in the know. But if Konami managed to switch from the option file system to a pick-and-choose download option for custom teams, I think we'd all be better off. Option files are serviceable, but the whole process feels about as dated as the Dreamcast-era menus we have to navigate through to get to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »