Home

PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 12:28 AM   #121
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Played 4-5 games tonight using the demo time expander on 12 mins.

I have a pretty mediocre PC, but even with all the graphics options on high I'm able to play at 60fps. I played games both on Pro and Top Player

I really like the feel of the passing, there's weight to the ball and the players. You can't just make a pass in a direction your player isn't facing (normally, good players can and do make backheel passes). But I do think there isn't enough distinction between an average player and a great player's passing.

But...too many times I just thought "Why did you do that?". Defenders not covering a player in the box; attackers just standing around, or making a run at a poor time.

I just don't know why the AI does some of the things it does. It's really frustrating to have the CPU AI closing you down and tight marking everyone on the field while your CD plays a couple yards off a striker in the box and just allows a simple pass and turn to shoot on goal.

And can we please just have a "player run" button like FIFA? Why is it so hard to do this? Press a button, move a stick, release the stick and maybe a player you wanted (or one you didn't) will maybe jog in a straight line. It's so frustrating.

So, for me at least I can't see buying this year. Wait until Dec and you'll get to play the MyClub mode for free, which will be useless because as a US player on PC, there's like 10 of us for online play anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #122
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1

I've played the demo and the game looks beautiful, simply outstanding. However, I am frustrated with how tenacious the AI defense plays. PES 2016 was a game I enjoyed because it was fun and you could have various types of games (high-scoring, low-scoring) and PES 2018 is simply the best (except for an inability to get players on myClub). I was very disappointed with PES 2017 because, although being a great-looking game especially with option files), it was not fun playing due to difficulty scoring. Initially, I was very excited about PES 2019 with the additional leagues but now I'm very torn now that I've played the demo as well as recently finding out there will not be the second leagues for Spain and Italy. That combined with no Champions League is increasingly frustrating. I still play PES 2018 every day would have been completely happy if the gameplay remained the same and just upgraded graphics and rosters as well as increasing leagues and adding generic leagues
Old 08-19-2018, 11:33 PM   #123

Bahnzo's Arena

Played a couple games of 18, then 19 to compare, both Top Player.

The difference in graphics is night/day. They really did a good job there. But...on PC I get some kind of ghosting. It happens all the time in the Veltins Stadium, and very rarely at the Neu Camp. Hopefully this doesn't make it into the release.

19 definitely has improved the AI's defense. They play passing lanes much better, and they close down, sometimes I think too well. But they are merciless on Top Player. I still have issues that my AI players don't do this. It's always been one of my peeves sports titles do, and PES is no different.

Tricks and feints in 19 are much less useful. Not sure how I feel about this, but in 18 a simple shoulder feint would often throw off a defender. In 19 that seems to rarely happen. IMO I think they went a little too far.

It was really evident to me that first touches in 19 are very different. With the AI defense really closing you down, a poor touch means you lose possession. The issue being that I don't feel you have much control over that, it's more down to the player's.

But, I did notice some good things. I played a lot of both FIFA and PES last year, and I can tell you these two goals wouldn't be scored in FIFA.

In the first goal, the thru ball would never happen. Instead it would go to one of the defenders. But PES does these passes very well. And in the second, Salah's leave and turn on the ball to evade the defenders is something FIFA can't do. There is supposed to be a way to do this, but in all the hours I played FIFA, I could never get it to work. Again, PES does this well and it's very satisfying when it comes off.

via Gfycat

Last edited by Bahnzo; 08-19-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:46 AM   #124
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Played a couple games of 18, then 19 to compare, both Top Player.

The difference in graphics is night/day. They really did a good job there. But...on PC I get some kind of ghosting. It happens all the time in the Veltins Stadium, and very rarely at the Neu Camp. Hopefully this doesn't make it into the release.

19 definitely has improved the AI's defense. They play passing lanes much better, and they close down, sometimes I think too well. But they are merciless on Top Player. I still have issues that my AI players don't do this. It's always been one of my peeves sports titles do, and PES is no different.

Tricks and feints in 19 are much less useful. Not sure how I feel about this, but in 18 a simple shoulder feint would often throw off a defender. In 19 that seems to rarely happen. IMO I think they went a little too far.

It was really evident to me that first touches in 19 are very different. With the AI defense really closing you down, a poor touch means you lose possession. The issue being that I don't feel you have much control over that, it's more down to the player's.

But, I did notice some good things. I played a lot of both FIFA and PES last year, and I can tell you these two goals wouldn't be scored in FIFA.

In the first goal, the thru ball would never happen. Instead it would go to one of the defenders. But PES does these passes very well. And in the second, Salah's leave and turn on the ball to evade the defenders is something FIFA can't do. There is supposed to be a way to do this, but in all the hours I played FIFA, I could never get it to work. Again, PES does this well and it's very satisfying when it comes off.

via Gfycat

Very good points.

This is why I play PES instead of FIFA. My whole football philosophy either when i'm playing in real life or in video game is to have these little tricks, feints to get by defenders and pass through the traffic with perfect through pass to create goalscoring opportunity. As you pointed out, FIFA doesn't let that happen.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #125
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

That Hendo pass is so unrealistic though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #126
Rookie

pes 16 was perfect better than FIFA I quite FIFA 16 to play PES 16 instead

and since then each PES is more and more like FIFA

IMPOSSIBLE TO SCORE GOALS NOW

boring 1-0 0-0 games and that is in the DEMO ffs what a boring mess this game is now

people want to score goals PES should have never copied FIFA
Old 08-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #127

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
That Hendo pass is so unrealistic though.
I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. I agree it's not a great example of PES' passing. But this is on PA1, which is generally not this forgiving.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #128
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Not really demo-related at all, but a brilliant article on the current state of PES:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-lost-long-ago

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »