Home

PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #57

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I just want one persons impressions to contain the words cpu commited a penalty and then I’m all in.*
5 minute matches are too damn short to tell.

I did commit a couple of penalties on purpose. I commited an ugly slide tackle foul in the penalty area in one match and the ref ruled it a dive by the CPU. That has me a little worried.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I just want one persons impressions to contain the words cpu commited a penalty and then I’m all in.*
Steam says I've played 5 hours already, I have not won one against the AI. I've seen someone claim he won one on another forum but it could be an urban legend. lol.

There's a decent amount of fouls this year, that's for sure so that's one nice improvement. I'm sure penalties are in the game but they must be rare. This seems like a design decision for a couple of years now.

Last edited by Chrisx; 08-09-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #59
Rookie

The game seems improved, mainly graphically, however the goalies are just simply off. As a former Division 1 goalie I’m obsessed with goalie dives in soccer games and PES simply doesn’t get it. I have never in my life dove and ended up on my back. The goalie animations ruin this game for me.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #60
Rookie

Anton10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Played about 20 games - with different teams and different light situations

PROS
- Player models, textures, sizes, etc look very good. You can tell immediately who is who.
- Stadium light, shadows, grass look very good
- The areal battles look phenomenal. Really stark improvement here
- Passes do not complete as often as 18 (both human and CPU)
- Shooting feels spot on - both in terms of power and accuracy. It feels really rewarding to bang one in from distance (or even when you miss - it just feels right and exciting)
- Lots of battles and scraps in midfield
- Not sure if it was just me, but I saw many more fouls called on the CPU
- New dynamic subs is a good touch
- The spin of the ball looks amazing when performing high passes

CONS
- Once again the CPU will always magically find a man when booting / clearing the ball
- Playing defence is once again frustrating. The game does not reward good positioning as the CPU will always find a pin point pass (even on Pro level) even if you are covering the passing lane
- Putting pressure on the CPU counts for nothing - they will always find a pass
- Way too many offside calls
- The midfield is once again very empty. Players split in two groups and leave huge spaces in midfield
- Running feels awkward (too slow and at the same speed, with the same animation). You don't get the sense of urgency, explosiveness and edge when you are on the break.
- Shielding / protecting the ball is badly missed as a feature. Konami really should learn from FIFA as they have done a great job there
- Powering up a pass is often too slow.
- Once again players stumble for too long when dispossessed and take forever to recover
Good summary mate.

A few times I have closed the attacker down and the CPU just chips the ball over my player to another attacker even when there are safer options to the side. The passing around is better but it's a bit unrealistic as you don't see that many chip passes in actual football. Anyone else noticed this?
Old 08-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #61
Rookie

Anton10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
the AI in the demo is horrendous... clear path to the goal (after goalkeeper mistake on kick) and AI decides to pass the ball to another player behind him (midfielder). really?? AI passes are way off. Hope they can tweak the AI before the game ships at the end of this month.

Played on Professional difficulty btw.
Yes it's too easy, even Superstar isn't that difficult. Don't hold your breath for an update. On Twitter I asked Adam Bhatti last year if the 2018 demo was going to be updated and his response was - Absolutely Not! All resources are towards the final release of the game and will not be used to update the demo!

Last edited by Anton10; 08-10-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 01:39 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

They got hdr lighting down!
Old 08-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #63
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I really don't understand people saying Superstar is easy. I've played about 12 games or so, only won 3 on pass support 1. Playing as a weaker side has been a challenged for me. Only 1 of my 3 wins came as a weaker side. Players seem to go out of bounds here and there. The whole stamina thing leading to injuries...doesn't seem to happen. And when players do get injured, the AI doesn't sub them out. That's disappointing.* GKs need to come out a little more. I feel they changed that from E3 because GKs were getting chipped all the time. Could have just made it harder to chip the ball. Looking forward to the final build.*
Old 08-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther84
They got hdr lighting down!
HDR looks phenomenally good i must say.

Maybe the best I have seen in any game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »