Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 11:05 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Never played at any speed other than default 0. One question:

Making it minus speed causes less goals to be scored as the game gets slower? Or it's not a factor really ?
I'd say player movement primarily. At least that's why I use -2. Animations just look really fidgety on any other game speed with the player cam

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #74
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Skilled CPU players refuse to run with the ball let alone dribble past defenders.

Spoiler
Old 08-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #75
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
This has been my issue with PES for years! It is one of the reason why I passed on picking this game up during the launch window and at full price this year. Playing a 4-3-3 won't see your forwards track back at all and I agree you shouldn't have tactics overriding everything but unfortunately it does in PES. You can "fix" this by adjusting your Attack/Defence levels to defensive when you use the ball or change it to Auto and the CPU will do it for you but each team has they own Attack/Defence level that you can't see Papinho had a great thread on this last year (https://forums.operationsports.com/f...se-levels.html).
Totally. For a game that used to pride itself on authenticity, the flawed way that players behave in various situations really undermines gameplay for me too. Then when you add in that the CPU has a go-to tactic of attempting low crosses all the time, I'm finding the AI a pretty big negative.

I will say that there's still a ton of class in the game and I'm still enjoying it. But if the full release of FIFA is anything like the beta, I doubt I'll play much PES this year unless they patch the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #76
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

MyClub seems fairly front-loaded this year, I've already got Becks, Mo Salah, Bemba, Paolo Maldini and Neymar on my squad. At least it will give me something to do until option files start dropping. I went to start a Ligue 1 campaign last night and didn't realize most teams don't even have their real kits. And I'm not touching the SPL until Celtic Park and Ibrox are added.

They have to do something about the Dreamcast menus next year. Hire a European/American UI guru, bring on a consulting firm, do something.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #77
Pro

stevostl's Arena

I got to play a lot last night. had a blast opening night really. my only complaint so far is why do server maintenance for hours when the game just released? I was having fun starting myclub and then after an hour or 2 in to starting myclub and really getting excited about it.... server maint. WTF lol I don't understand that.

I look to get into myclub this year as this is where this game is at.. the best part about PES 19 I think is now building your club and play online against others. I got Mane and Dembele last night before the servers went down. I got to play one match with myclub vs cpu and one match online which I drew 2 - 2 against someone who used manual passing vs me. props to him

after server maint started i switched to club cup mode with Liverpool and played on top player 12 minutes... I went 2 - 1- 2 in the group so far... I don't understand the complaints I have seen about the AI not playing you different depending on what team they are. I had all kinds of different game to game experiences already going against the AI on top player. I think this setting is good for me so far. I was able to win one 5 - 0 against Standard Liege but then have Inter spank me after going up 1 - 0 on them 4 - 1. other settings I using is PA1 and basic shooting. either way I didn't notice anything really bad about the AI like I read complaints so much about on the forums. I mean the AI play seemed varied enough for me and challenging.

so far.. I'm very happy with the game. I feel it's noticeably better than PES18 and look forward in being a myclub gamer this year. it's addicting this mode. I use to despise modes like FUT and MYCLUB but i finally gave in and started getting into it at end of PES 18 after I quit playing FIFA 18 clubs last year for awhile to figure things out and now I am hooked. I always stood away from FUT and Myclub because I use to think it's stupid matching up against people with super star teams because I don't have time to build for that and it's not any fun.. BUT in PES myclub you can seriously enjoy it with just a 3 star team or whatever you have. you don't have to have a super star team to come to find out to enjoy this mode. at least that is what I finally realized about this mode.

shooting and finishing is great this year. I think this might have to say that is one of the best improvements in this game from last year off the top of my head... that and it's harder to ping pong pass. pace and flow of the match is spot on in this game.. for sure a football sim when it comes to that which makes me happy. The aspect about PES19 that i like most over PES18 and FIFA18 is that when I give up a goal now. I know exactly why usually and it was my fault. when I analyze the play I know what i did or why it happened. This is great... as before in both footie games last year.. too many times i would give up goals to where I'm like there is nothing i could do about it and i felt i did nothing wrong as far as defending but some weird goals would just happen that were unavoidable. I feel like now there is less of that and I have more control in the back in my defending. but I get the feeling there will be less of me getting ticked off playing someone I think is horrible at the game and still losing to him. that happens to me too often in both football games last year. so far my experience with PES19 beta and the full release after one night I hardly get this feeling yet. it's still early but i really enjoyed my first night with the full release. still don't understand the server maint on a night the game just released though. lol It was great to see some FIFA youtubers I know really enjoying myclub streaming yesterday having a blast as well... it's good to see more and more FIFA fut trying out myclub online and appreciating how good it is. MYCLUB is basically a more sim version of FUT.

bottom line, for me the gameplay is fire.... I would say if you ever enjoyed a pes game in years past i don't understand how you would not enjoy this one. this has to be one of the best ever and clearly the best on PS3/PS4 systems.

Last edited by stevostl; 08-30-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #78
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Saw some more things I don't ever remember seeing in 18 last night.

An own goal because the keeper punched the ball into the head of a defender, which bounced back into the goal. I had a good chuckle and thought Milner.

Had a player pull up with a hammy but continue on after treatment and then the ref stopped play 5 minutes later because he went down with no one around him. And then a cut scene were teammates and a physio ran over to him. And there was commentary about how his season might be over and what have you and how the team will find it hard to cope without him. This was during a champions league match.

Then after blowing a 2-0 lead to go down 2-4 in the same match, I saw my players arguing and accusing each other of making mistakes, yelling and screaming at each other. This might have always been there but I never noticed it before.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #79
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
so far.. I'm very happy with the game. I feel it's noticeably better than PES18 and look forward in being a myclub gamer this year. it's addicting this mode. I use to despise modes like FUT and MYCLUB but i finally gave in and started getting into it at end of PES 18 after I quit playing FIFA 18 clubs last year for awhile to figure things out and now I am hooked. I always stood away from FUT and Myclub because I use to think it's stupid matching up against people with super star teams because I don't have time to build for that and it's not any fun.. BUT in PES myclub you can seriously enjoy it with just a 3 star team or whatever you have. you don't have to have a super star team to come to find out to enjoy this mode. at least that what I finally realized about this mode.
I do enjoy MyClub, and UT modes in general. My biggest complaint about MyClub is that there's really not a whole lot do, especially for the offline player. You can play a single game vs. the CPU, play a small tournament vs. the CPU, and... that's about it. Compare that to The Show's Diamond Dynasty, where you can devote nearly the entire game cycle to completing missions and unlocking everything the mode has to offer.

Konami has multiple licensed leagues at their disposal, so why not a simple "Conquer The Scottish Premier League" single-player campaign, where you have to defeat the entire SPL to earn rewards? It would make MyClub so much more engaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
bottom line, for me the gameplay is fire.... I would say if you ever enjoyed a pes game in years past i don't understand how you would not enjoy enjoy this one. this has to be one of the best ever and clearly the best on PS3/PS4 systems.
See, that's it for me as well. Even in the last-gen era, when PES was supposedly at an all-time low, I always enjoyed the way the game felt and played. I always thought FIFA and PES had their different strengths, and enjoyed playing each game every year. I'm sure that will remain the same for 19.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:33 PM   #80
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
MyClub seems fairly front-loaded this year, I've already got Becks, Mo Salah, Bemba, Paolo Maldini and Neymar on my squad. At least it will give me something to do until option files start dropping.
Did you happen to do the Featured Players scout? It is way too easy to get good players. I got Neymar, Mbappe and Ziyech. I have Beckham from pre-ordering the Beckham addition as well. I wonder if they are offering better odds to get more people playing My Club. Last year it was rare to get a black ball now it is much easier. Not sure if that is good or bad yet because you may end up facing superstar teams online early. I mean I always bad pack luck so it is nice to get these players but if everyone has them it might not be fun online.

Last edited by ezio; 08-30-2018 at 12:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »