Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #41
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
This game is supposed to be played in full manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing on full manual doesn't fix the programing issues with how the AI acts. I kind of get tired of people saying "play full manual it makes the game so much better", or "If you played on a harder difficulty you wouldn't see that". Both statements are false. Neither one of those things magically makes the AI behave in a non-broken way in certain situations. And you playing full manual does not change how the CPU plays in anyway. It only changes how you as the player play. And if anything, upping the difficulty just showcases even more how busted the game can be. The CPU gets away with even more blatantly nonsense and your team mates become even dumber.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 05:14 PM   #42
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah I’m playing a Galatasaray/Fenerbache March right now and the CPU Fener side is controlling possession with mostly ground passes.

I’m a pretty possession based player but they are controlling the tempo against me. Pretty cool IMO. I’ll have to see what their default tactics are set to.

One thing to pay attention to: your tackle number. I notice that I'll often finish matches - in which I'll even win - and the final match stats will show me as having like two or three tackles.

It's because the CPU - on the difficulties above Professional at least - are given so much space by your teammate defenders that they can pass it around with ease, with little pressure. So I'll play against lower rated teams and they'll play like Barca in the final third. I'll still win, but I'll see that I had hardly a tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Double post but one of the things I love about PES over the last few years is the set pieces, not only taking them but also defending them. Holding a high line, zonal vs man vs mixed, etc... Set pieces in PES>>>>>>FIFA

Totally agree, with one big exception - I saw it mentioned elsewhere that CBs don't come into the box for corners and I just noticed that too. It's already crazy tough to score from headers but my best headers of the ball aren't even coming up for corners!

Am I missing something? Like an instruction or something so they don't stay back at the half line?
Old 08-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #43
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
It's strange that my experience is different this year with how the AI play. I find more variety, not saying it's a break through, but certainly plays different that last year's. I haven't seen the AI score the same goals every time. Maybe as I play more I will or maybe it's the modes I play or the opponents teams setup.
What difficulty are you on?

I ask because Professional plays a different game in my experience, with lots more variety. Probably because the CPU doesn't play near as perfect, so there's more mistakes, more loose balls, etc.

That said, Professional is too easy after long. Which sucks because it plays a far better game. It actually reminds me a lot of FIFA, back before they fixed their difficulty levels, when you'd watch all teams (regardless of their rating) keep possession with one-touch passing and you couldn't close anyone down.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #44
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
One thing to pay attention to: your tackle number. I notice that I'll often finish matches - in which I'll even win - and the final match stats will show me as having like two or three tackles.

It's because the CPU - on the difficulties above Professional at least - are given so much space by your teammate defenders that they can pass it around with ease, with little pressure. So I'll play against lower rated teams and they'll play like Barca in the final third. I'll still win, but I'll see that I had hardly a tackle.

Totally agree, with one big exception - I saw it mentioned elsewhere that CBs don't come into the box for corners and I just noticed that too. It's already crazy tough to score from headers but my best headers of the ball aren't even coming up for corners!

Am I missing something? Like an instruction or something so they don't stay back at the half line?

I’ll keep an eye out for the tackle part but they did pass around me but not in an unrealistic way i.e. 1-touch passes. They were just patient in their build-up. Also, I’m trying to get used to the dribbling so I lose possession in that way a lot.

For the CBs, you have to pick “player to join attack” from the “player settings” menu within “Gameplan”. It will only bring them up during corners and/or set pieces. You can also send more guys in with the Attack/Defense level option.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:41 PM   #45
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
What difficulty are you on?

I ask because Professional plays a different game in my experience, with lots more variety. Probably because the CPU doesn't play near as perfect, so there's more mistakes, more loose balls, etc.

That said, Professional is too easy after long. Which sucks because it plays a far better game. It actually reminds me a lot of FIFA, back before they fixed their difficulty levels, when you'd watch all teams (regardless of their rating) keep possession with one-touch passing and you couldn't close anyone down.

and that's why people say play on full manual on pro because full manual is hard to play on and playing on pro gives a happy medium on how the AI plays and makes the game look and feel more sim like. I personally don't like full manual in any footie game but I might try this year offline for a bit in PES.

Quote:
For the CBs, you have to pick “player to join attack” from the “player settings” menu within “Gameplan”. It will only bring them up during corners and/or set pieces. You can also send more guys in with the Attack/Defense level option.
I think everyone should pick players to join in attack before any game they play. It helps significantly on corners and set pieces like you stated. you will notice a difference for sure if you never use this. good tip. I didn't really start using this until last year.

Last edited by stevostl; 08-29-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 07:30 PM   #46
Rookie

I have just started playing as in the UK and release was today but why is the teams still got last years squads no new signings
Old 08-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #47
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Is the game worth the full price tag if you're a casual gamer?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2018, 07:46 PM   #48
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie1986
I have just started playing as in the UK and release was today but why is the teams still got last years squads no new signings

I don’t think the squads will update until tonight or tomorrow

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »