Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 04:56 AM   #57
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie1986
Also does anyone know about option file for real leagues and the real football kits I’m on Xbox one I know there has t been one only for PS4 but heard rumours there might be option file for Xbox one
For PS4 they release it within a few days. I think they are releasing it for Xbox one too. It should be online soon in PES World or Pes Universe
Old 08-30-2018, 05:30 AM   #58
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Is the game worth the full price tag if you're a casual gamer?
If you already have a 2018 version of either PES or FIFA and only play offline, no. My opinion anyway.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:41 AM   #59
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Based on playing the demo and a couple of impressions I think I already know the answers, but can anyone tell me if these two things are still prevalent?

1. Players back track immediately when a ball is turned over.
2. Midfield has hardly anyone in it so it's easy to go through.

If either one of these are true I will probably have to pass. They are the things that made me not want to play 2018 after the first few days. Thanks for any help!
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-30-2018, 08:02 AM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Squads are NEVER updated for the US release. They’re always (except that one year where they didn’t update them until like November) updated after the official European release.

Also, if you want tighter marking around the box, make sure you take off “Deep Defensive Line” in Advanced instructions. If you keep that on it makes your CBs drop deep, even inside your own box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #61
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Having played the game in TOP PLAYER difficulty last 2 years I started to play PES 2019 in SUPERSTAR difficulty and it seems like it's the equivalent of Top player in recent games. It's fairly easier than Superstar difficulty before.

First of all : They have no right to release the game with last season's squads. This is a SHAME. UNACCEPTABLE. Imagine a NBA game coming out with LeBron on the Cavs, not Lakers this season.. Even for 1 day (presuming the update is coming today) it is a SHAME.
Enjoy
They just updated the squads today...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #62
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Based on playing the demo and a couple of impressions I think I already know the answers, but can anyone tell me if these two things are still prevalent?

1. Players back track immediately when a ball is turned over.
2. Midfield has hardly anyone in it so it's easy to go through.

If either one of these are true I will probably have to pass. They are the things that made me not want to play 2018 after the first few days. Thanks for any help!
1. You adjust your defending instructions to PRESS, not ALL OUT DEFENSE and players will stay in position to press the ball to get it back.
2.If you again, from instruction set the containment Area as Middle, you will have plent of people to cover the midfield

I play with 3-1-2-2-1-1;

3-1 (DMC)- 2 (MC) -2 (RWF, LWF) -1 (SS) -1 (CF) formation so the midfield is always stacked
Old 08-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #63
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
1. You adjust your defending instructions to PRESS, not ALL OUT DEFENSE and players will stay in position to press the ball to get it back.
2.If you again, from instruction set the containment Area as Middle, you will have plent of people to cover the midfield

I play with 3-1-2-2-1-1;

3-1 (DMC)- 2 (MC) -2 (RWF, LWF) -1 (SS) -1 (CF) formation so the midfield is always stacked
Thanks. Is this the same for the CPU too or are all CPU teams tracking back and having an open midfield like in 2018? My biggest worry is these settings would have to be done for every single team in order to fix the CPU.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-30-2018, 08:38 AM   #64
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Thanks. Is this the same for the CPU too or are all CPU teams tracking back and having an open midfield like in 2018? My biggest worry is these settings would have to be done for every single team in order to fix the CPU.
To be honest with you i didn't play that much to test it but i see a lot of problems with CPU AI especially offensively, not challenging enough and predictable.

The CPU defenders mark offensive players tightly so it's harder to find space.

I play on hardest difficulty so it would matter too. Maybe in lower difficulties it is easier to find space through midfield.

In my games I need to carry the ball to the wings, than back to the middle and etc., passing around to find space. Middle is usually stacked if you are not counter-attacking.

I play with specific play style and with specific players, highly technical players behind striker and 1 as attacking midfielder to spray passes around and find tiny gaps for through balls and fast wingers to exploit space. And counter-attacking fastly, directly to score. That's my style with every team. So it depends on your style too. I don't like to pass around needlesly, I dribble past defenders often too so i rely on technical players and players with high skill level to make difference around crowded defense.

For ex. Atletico is an ideal team for my system. Lemar as Attacking midfielder with Koke and Rodri in the middle, Correa and Vitolo as wingers, fast, technical, can cut inside, shoot / cross, Griezmann just behind striker to create opportunities for himself and others, big bulky forward Costa to score when crosses come, dribble the ball by himself, protect it to wait for support and etc.

Last edited by lareka; 08-30-2018 at 08:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »