Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Absolutely loving the game so far. PES 2018 was probably my favorite football game of all time, and this is just that much better. Lost my first game in the 87th minute (Monaco over PSG 1-nil) and enjoyed every minute of it. My go-to plays down the wing are being defended much better by the A.I. this year, there's much less space to operate, which is great.

But forget gameplay for a moment; they got Rabiot's wonderful indie-rock haircut just right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 01:46 AM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

I played 5 matches.

• Saw two penalties, one for me and one for CPU.
  • I felt like a ****ing legend saving the CPU's penalty.
  • I saw a yellow for simulation against the CPU.
  • I won 9 free kicks across 5 games.
  • I was fouled over 20 times in 5 games.
  • I got the CPU to get a player sent off on a double yellow by baiting a player on yellow.
  • I pulled off shots and trick passes that I never could in 18 because they never seemed to work.
  • My players actually felt like they were playing the tactic and setup I told them to play.
  • Players actually got forward in the correct positions in an all out attack, instead of waiting for the player with the ball.
  • Counter attacking feels really good.
  • Pressing seems a little OP. Causes too many bizarre passes.
  • The game looks ****ing amazing in 4K.
  • Can't wait for an option file to start a ML save.

Really liking what I've seen so far. My only real complaint right now is how terrible the soundtrack is.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Does anyone feel one two passes are overpowered?

I feel like passing to the CF and doing a one two with one of the wingers always generates a one on one with the keeper.

Rest is great, loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2018, 04:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Playing all manual on professional is fantastic. I'm missing passes, the CPU is missing passes, the balls bouncing everywhere. Ive only played with bad teams so far, and they play like it. More fouls too. I'm sure I'll find some warts later, but so far it's my favorite soccer playing experience in a long time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
[*]I saw a yellow for simulation against the CPU.
That's something I forgot to mention; In the loss to Monaco, the CPU picked up three yellows (12 min. halves). Don't believe I've seen that in PES for quite awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

I'm enjoying it and I think it gets more right than wrong. But with all the plaudits gameplay is getting from the reviews, I feel like there's a number of things that are simply being ignored. PES absolutely nails the feel and look of football, but there's some issues with gameplay that are already starting to bother me.

First, some of the AI is downright terrible. Players clearly are confused at times between tactical and contextual decision making.

The entire lack of an aerial attacking game. We're basically missing a huge part of football and devalues certain teams, players, and play styles.

The midfield is way too open at times. This goes back to the AI issues but I'm too often able to dribble from the halfway line to my opponents box before being pressured.

Also related to the AI, CPU attackers will too often dribble out of bounds, will pass when they should shoot, and are overly reliant on low crosses and cut backs to score.

Love that fouls are part of the game again but they're inconsistent. I just lost a game because a penalty was called in the box that was a total joke.

Tackling is pretty underbaked. Not only do I regularly finish matches with the CPU having 3-4 or less tackles, but it's frustrating trying to close space and mark the CPU on the higher difficulties. The entire tackling 1-on-1 defending mechanics need to be redone.

PES absolutely nails the feel and look of the game, and I love the challenge this year in creating chances. But if PES is going to live or die on its gameplay, then it can't have all these lapses. Oh, and the fact that the game shipped without updated squads is inexcusable.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #7
MVP

Played only one game but it was incredible! Loads of fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

YOU SHOULD ALSO ADD WHAT SYStEM YOUR PLAYING ON