Home

PES 2019 Review

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2018, 11:42 PM   #9
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PES 2019 Review

Great review. In my opinion this is the best footy game I have played since PES2012 easily. Sure it has its flaws as all games do, but I think none of these are game breaking. I feel it will be patched within a month or two anyway as these issues are not legacy issues from past games, so should be correctable as they have done with a patch in the past. I play PES for the on field gameplay and the difference from 18 to 19 is dramatic. Just the fouls alone make it an upgrade as that was a game breaking flaw in the series from 15-18 that lacked them. I love that tactics for both human and CPU work again to have that game of chess feeling at certain times during a game. To see them also slow things down, add in the fouls, and also make players move and dribble more realistically without everyone feeling like a 99 in every attribute is great. I'm sure the Myplayer crowd will complain on most of that and it shocks me they went this direction. I will gladly take it.

I am finally optimistic about this series going forward. It is hard to please everyone as I do not envy the job of these devs, but they have finally brought and old school PS2 feel to the gameplay and it is just fun to play again. I hope they patch the gameplay to fix the big 3 issues and leave it alone going forward. They no doubt have work to do on the Master League and atmosphere overall. Focus on giving us more options to customize the structure of leagues, settings, etc. I could care less about licenses as the community does a better job on that front anyway, so put the dev time to other uses.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-07-2018, 04:05 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Having played football since I was a kid and almost all PEs and FIFAs since the PSX era, I can easily say that no other game makes you feel playing real soccer like this. Animations when controlling the ball, the pace of the game and ball physics are superb. You can always expect the unexpected, this is what makes this game great.
Defending is not a matter of tackling constantly but containing the attacker, keeping the distance, and blocking the passing lines.
Probably difficulty has been toned down compared to previous great iterations.
Playing against the AI obviously isn't as fun as against a human, but AI still does a great job, with most of the teams playing like they should in real life.

Again, if we just focus on gameplay, nothing gets closer to actual 'futbol'
Old 09-07-2018, 04:33 AM   #11
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

I really love when your player don't control the ball clearly, the ball bounces a bit forward and you shoot while that happens and it's going like a bullet !!! Just like real football. Gameplay wise PES is the king. Always
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #12
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Love this game!
Old 10-17-2018, 03:26 AM   #13
Just started!

Great review, I thinks PES 2019 better more FIFA 2019 than.*
Old 10-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #14
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

So, am I to assume that the AI gets worse at the higher levels? Right now I'm really not having that big an issue with the opposing AI in Master League. I've noticed the play differences between teams (5 games into my season) and I'd swear I've seen at least 1 or 2 shots by the opposing teams that were outside the box and weren't low crosses.

I'm not saying the AI doesn't need work at all, but at REGULAR...with PS Universes v2 option file I'm really enjoying the game.

Does the option file impact gameplay?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBox_Roughneck
So, am I to assume that the AI gets worse at the higher levels? Right now I'm really not having that big an issue with the opposing AI in Master League. I've noticed the play differences between teams (5 games into my season) and I'd swear I've seen at least 1 or 2 shots by the opposing teams that were outside the box and weren't low crosses.

I'm not saying the AI doesn't need work at all, but at REGULAR...with PS Universes v2 option file I'm really enjoying the game.

Does the option file impact gameplay?

No option files don’t impact gameplay. Hope upcoming patch address the cpu ai issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »