Home

Auto-Feint On or Off?

This is a discussion on Auto-Feint On or Off? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

JasonIsGod's Arena

OVR: 0
Auto-Feint On or Off?

Can someone explain to me exactly what this setting does?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Auto-Feint On or Off?

ON = simple commands for skill moves
OFF = full control over right and left stick for advanced moves.

I think that's the gist of it.

FWIW over the years I managed to learn a couple moves in FIFA that I could pull off anywhere any direction I was facing.

I play with auto-feint OFF in PES and after three years I still can't pull anything off.

I swear you could watch 1000 games around the world this weekend and see <10 roulettes pulled off but play 1 game of FIFA and you'll see 30.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonIsGod
Can someone explain to me exactly what this setting does?
If Auto-Feint is off, then to perform skill moves you must know and input the correct left/right stick combinations for each skill move.

If Auto-Feint is on, then the game will decide for you which skill move to use and you don't need to be exact with your inputs.

Personally I've gone back n forth. I'd like to keep Auto-Feint off because it gives you more control and rewards you for inputing the right move at the right time, and if you have it on you never can be 100% sure which skill move the game will do.

The problem I find is that the skill moves in PES have very unintuitive controls and I find some of them nearly impossible to recreate in the game. So right now I'm back to having Auto-Feint on.

My recommendation would be to master the basics of the game and only once you're comfortable on the higher difficulty settings, then maybe start playing with auto-feints turned off. To each's own but I find this way it's less overwhelming because trust me, learning the different skill controls ain't easy.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
Pro

stevostl's Arena

i have used both on and off and currently I just stick with on because I mainly play online and skill moves are a tad easier with it on

but with that said.. for the most part in PES I don't use skill moves that much like i do in FIFA.. in FIFA it's pretty much a requirement to use skills to be an above average player online in FUT or Seasons.... but with PES.. you can basically not do any skill moves and be a top player easily. it's different in that regard.

I think the majority of PES skill moves are more for show than effectiveness for the most part... and they are harder to pull off
Old 09-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #5
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
i have used both on and off and currently I just stick with on because I mainly play online and skill moves are a tad easier with it on

but with that said.. for the most part in PES I don't use skill moves that much like i do in FIFA.. in FIFA it's pretty much a requirement to use skills to be an above average player online in FUT or Seasons.... but with PES.. you can basically not do any skill moves and be a top player easily. it's different in that regard.

I think the majority of PES skill moves are more for show than effectiveness for the most part... and they are harder to pull off
It's funny cause I feel like in single player it's the reverse. In PES, at least on Superstar, the CPU cheats like a mofo and will slide around following you as you dribble, so beating the CPU with just momentum and left stick is harder.

Whereas FIFA's AI is much easier to beat. Shoot, in FIFA 17 & 18 a single step over could remove two defenders from play it was so overpowered!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #6
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
Whereas FIFA's AI is much easier to beat. Shoot, in FIFA 17 & 18 a single step over could remove two defenders from play it was so overpowered!
FIFA 19 skill moves are way more effective than both FIFA 17 and 18 going by the demo for me

and that's what i mean though.. in FIFA it's a must to do skill moves because it's so effective at beating the AI and humans when playing online

in PES.. yes skill skill moves are effective but it's not a requirement to do them to beat computer AI or humans easier i guess is what i'm trying to say.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #7
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
FIFA 19 skill moves are way more effective than both FIFA 17 and 18 going by the demo for me

and that's what i mean though.. in FIFA it's a must to do skill moves because it's so effective at beating the AI and humans when playing online

in PES.. yes skill skill moves are effective but it's not a requirement to do them to beat computer AI or humans easier i guess is what i'm trying to say.
From playing the beta (and the demo) my impression so far is that skill moves are far less effective in FIFA 19 than last year simply because there was a major bug in 18/17 that they've now fixed. In 18, a skill move could take out not just the player you're facing, but it could "freeze" a distant defender too. It was a clear bug and they fixed that and I'm not seeing defenders "freeze" like they did in 18. So that's why I'd say it's more difficult now.

I'm not nearly as experienced with PES but I feel like on Superstar they are a requirement since the CPU tracks you so closely that and they cheat in how they're able to stick with you but skill moves will actually throw them off. Maybe I need more practice but while in FIFA I can create space from defenders pretty easily without using skill moves, even on Legendary, I'm finding creating space from a defender in PES much more difficult without using them.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #8

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

By default I turn auto-feint off every year. Basic skill moves are easy and simple enough to learn pretty quickly. The more advanced/silly stuff is dumb and not realistic anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »