Home

Sliders would make this game perfect

This is a discussion on Sliders would make this game perfect within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2018, 05:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sliders would make this game perfect

I run several experiments with difficulty levels and assistance levels.

On pass assistance set to 1 and difficulty level set to Professional, I always win games by the 2 or 3 goals – often more. My last game I won 6-1.
On pass assistance set to 0 and difficulty level set to Professional, I lose games by 2 or 3 goals, often not being able to score a single goal (this is on 20 minutes games btw).

If I keep the pass assistance at 1 and bump up the difficulty level to Top Player or even higher, the scores become more even. But (and it is a big BUT), the gameplay experience suffers, because 1) The CPU is basically unstoppable and 2) my way of playing becomes very repetitive – ball to the striker, first time pass to the winger, a couple of one-two passes, leading to a one-on-one with the keeper and goal. I don’t have to even think.

In my mind, in order to recreate the best level of realism, the game MUST be played with passing assistance set to 0. On Professional difficulty with 0 assistance, the game recreates the flaws of real football very realistically. I like that sometimes I make bad passes because that’s a part of the game and it also forces me to think more, to make better choices how and when to pass. But to play like that it has to be a fair contest and as such the AI’s passing ability needs to be toned down too. In essence, the game needs sliders to reduce the AI’s pin-point passing ability.

If I play with assisted controls, it’s basically a brain dead experience as all I need to do is a tap the pass button and voila – it’s a perfect pin-point pass (even on assistance set at 0), which just ain’t fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Sliders would make this game perfect

I agree with a lot of what you say. I just hate the pass recognition on no assist passing. The game sometimes has a hard time when you’re passing in tight spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #3
AoN
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I agree with a lot of what you say. I just hate the pass recognition on no assist passing. The game sometimes has a hard time when you’re passing in tight spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree mate you see a certain and obvious pass and end up passing to someone completely different and everything is RUINED !!!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:31 PM   #4
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

What system do you play on? There are gameplay mods available for the PC version that make the game VERY realistic.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
What system do you play on? There are gameplay mods available for the PC version that make the game VERY realistic.
I am on PS4.
I've seen videos uploaded by PC users and will have to agree that:
1. The mod camera angles look stunning
2. It seems to play better

Out of interest, would my laptop support a PC version with a standard Intel HD Graphics 520 display adapter? The laptop covers all the other requirements except the VGA.

Thanks

Last edited by iaxy; 11-15-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #6
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
I am on PS4.
I've seen videos uploaded by PC users and will have to agree that:
1. The mod camera angles look stunning
2. It seems to play better

Out of interest, would my laptop support a PC version with a standard Intel HD Graphics 520 display adapter? The laptop covers all the other requirements except the VGA.

Thanks
The minimum specs mention NVIDIA GTX 670 / AMD Radeon HD 7870, so I'm not sure how the Intel graphics would work.

And you're correct, the modified live broadcast camera and gameplay options on PC are amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »