Home

How Does PES 2019 Look as We Approach the Transfer Window?

This is a discussion on How Does PES 2019 Look as We Approach the Transfer Window? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: How Does PES 2019 Look as We Approach the Transfer Window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
I disagree as I'm not sure I understand your logic. How are mods different than people downloading custom sliders and rosters? They're not, yet, most people who play any sports game will download those. Both can have the same effect on gameplay as a specific gameplay mod.

So should a review only be based on the "out-of-the-box" product since not everyone has an internet connection? Or should it be based on the base product plus what's available? In my opinion, a review should be based on the later.

When I review games for OS I only review them based on how they play out of the box. I’ll make sure to let readers know that there are options which can enhance their enjoyment of the game but unless it’s something widely accessible across all platforms I don’t think it’s right to judge the game based off mods. It’s not an OS policy or anything, just my personal attempt to judge the game based on how the majority of consumers purchase it.

Don’t get me wrong, mods on the PC fix a lot of issues (licenses, presentation packages, gameplay bugs, etc...) but they’re usually not available at the time of release anyway. I’ve seen some incredible mods and I’m jealous of how they enhance the experience but not enough to drop coins on buying a gaming pc ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #10
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, if we're throwing mods into the equation then I'm guessing it becomes impossible to rate or review just about any game. On PC anyway, for PS4 gamers like myself it's a non-issue.

2019 was the first time that I preordered PES ahead of FIFA. And while I can't say I totally regret the decision, the whole SPL ordeal does leave a bad taste in my mouth. PES 2020 will probably go back to a Black Friday special.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:06 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll be waiting until the price drops before considering buying PES2020, assuming it's worth buying at all. Not willing to hand over £35 to Konami any more, given how little the game develops each year - other than graphics, it's regressed this year, imo, particularly the AI and gameplay.

If you haven't bought it for about 3 years, so are getting 3 years worth of Konami-sized development, it's worth about £15. Buying on an annual basis, it's worth about £5.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »