Home

Pes 2020 gets official license for Juventus

This is a discussion on Pes 2020 gets official license for Juventus within the Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Evolution Soccer
NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here
FIFA 20 VOLTA FOOTBALL Gameplay Details, Modes, Progression & Much More - Including New Gameplay Trailer
NASCAR Heat 4 Hands-On Preview, Including Over 7 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay Footage

Old 07-16-2019, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pes 2020 gets official license for Juventus

Juventus posted on their official page that PES 2020 has their license. That should be all Serie A t ams. Yay! 😁
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Re: Pes 2020 gets official license for Juventus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore99
Juventus posted on their official page that PES 2020 has their license. That should be all Serie A t ams. Yay! 😁
Not only does PES has the license, it's exclusive to PES. No more Juventus in FIFA.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
MVP

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

All of this licensing crap is ruining sports gaming. Yeah I know it's mainly EA which has caused this but come on, it's hurting the overall experience.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #4
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
All of this licensing crap is ruining sports gaming. Yeah I know it's mainly EA which has caused this but come on, it's hurting the overall experience.
My thoughts exactly. I bought FIFA 19 and downloaded PES2019 from Xbox games pass, so I'm a fan of both. If PES 2020 appears on game pass again after New Years, well that's where I'll get my fix for calcio. Shame is they'll still likely have to call it "Campeonoto Italiano" because EA secured the rights for the name Serie A.

I don't understand the point of exclusive team partnerships or licensing, honestly. It's seemingly nothing but a "hey, look what I have!" PR move for publishers, a bit of a money infusion for the clubs but leaves the consumer going huh?
Old 07-16-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

I would love for this to lead to everyone share rights and each franchise letting their gameplay do the talking.

Unfortunately, I think that's a pipe dream. No way EA Sports ever allows that to happen. It would lose too many customers to PES.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Well, Konami did get the chair pulled with the CL license last year, which had to hit them squarely in the pocketbook. I guess if anything, we can expect to see the licensing war escalate between these two companies. Which sucks.

I'm sure there are Konami execs that are high-fiving themselves over FIFA not having Juventus this year, just like there were EA execs patting their own backs after snagging the CL license last year. So who loses in all of this? Unfortunately it's the gamers who don't care about a company's bottom line and simply want to play as their favorite team in their game of choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Evolution Soccer »