Home

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
The game feels great and looks good but when playing become a legend all my teammates and the opponents do is kick the ball up front there is no build up no strategie just kicking high balls to the other side at a high rate !! Seems like the gameplay is broken this cant be true ! Options to pass wide or to midfielders are neglected . Anybody experience this too in become a legend mode ???

Tried every level of difficulty still the same issue !!
Could you be your team has long ball set as a tactic?
Old 09-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #10
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
The game feels great and looks good but when playing become a legend all my teammates and the opponents do is kick the ball up front there is no build up no strategie just kicking high balls to the other side at a high rate !! Seems like the gameplay is broken this cant be true ! Options to pass wide or to midfielders are neglected . Anybody experience this too in become a legend mode ???

Tried every level of difficulty still the same issue !!
Maybe BAL? Heard it was basically untouched? Regular matches are great.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 09-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #11
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Can anyone comment on how the demo differs from the released version of the game?

I notice a lot of good things in the demo(played 20-30 games), but the same wide open space in the middle of the pitch still exists. It's just too easy to get out of your own end even when the CPU is pressing high.

One other question I had regarding the option files. Are the ones at PES Universe made using a global editor to change ratings thus improving game play and helping to differentiate the elite from average players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #12
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Can anyone comment on how the demo differs from the released version of the game?

I notice a lot of good things in the demo(played 20-30 games), but the same wide open space in the middle of the pitch still exists. It's just too easy to get out of your own end even when the CPU is pressing high.

One other question I had regarding the option files. Are the ones at PES Universe made using a global editor to change ratings thus improving game play and helping to differentiate the elite from average players?
Just got my copy from Gamefly, I'll post my impressions later tonight.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Didn’t dive super into the demo but got two games in this afternoon with the full release. I’ll say the tackling is the biggest change I’ve seen from the demo. Seems much more forgiving, for both user and CPU, than the demo. Not a total lack of fouls but certainly not as much clumsy play.

As a FIFA guy I always give PES a shot. Really like the ball physics and player movement patterns in 2020.

As always, will keep an eye on repetitiveness. Always felt PES can get to feel a bit like the same match over and over, but I’m keeping an open mind. If I can see tactical differences depending on the matchup, then I’ll be sold on keeping 2020 in my rotation!

Oh and the PESuniverse OF is worth every penny, really great work by them.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #14
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Played two 12 minute Exhibiton matches Atletico Madrid(me) vs Real Sociedad Top Player first match finished 0-0 and second match beat them 4-0. I definitely can tell they decreased the fouls because some challenges that were called fouls in the demo weren't called in this version. I also felt it was too easy to steal the ball from the CPU as well. Their attacks going forward were varied but they spent waaaaay too much time in their own half just passing the ball around. I have to play a little more matches before I pass judgment but I will say the AI seems improved compared to the demo.

On another note PES Universe kits are absolutely stunning this year.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:29 PM   #15

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Fouls/physicality are just fine, to me.

I do agree with people saying CPU is a tad bit too deliberate on attack, but I'm not sure it's enough to be a problem. If it means playing longer matches results in realistic scores/chances, then it'll probably be ok.

Having new camera angles is great.

I've only played on Top Player, but so far it feels easier than last year.

The intentional foul animation has been a really nice addition.

Level 1 pass assistence is still too automatic. The power should be less assisted. I guess that's just how they want the game to work. Will likely try manual passing eventually. Semi-assisted passing on FIFA is still the best passing to me.

The new finesse dribbling is interesting, but it looks a tad arcadey and unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #16
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Still many, many roster errors after the data update. Very disappointing. They have a real issue every year of putting players on teams that are on loan to the club, as them being that clubs actual player. It happens to at least 15-20 players every year. And it never gets fixed.

I'm also starting to feel like the CPU doesn't get called for enough fouls. Yet it seems like I'm getting called for the most inane ticky tacky challenges.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »