Home

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

I'm in mid-February in my first season and I'm starting to feel the same. However, I still prefer this to fifa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
After reaching the mid 3rd season i'm starting to like this game less. I really thought it was amazing at first but now it's in a repetitive cycle for me. Offensively there are certain ways to score the goal, you can't be so much creative, there are limits to it, that part is saddening for me. I like the tussle in the midfield, i like AI defense and my team's defensive positioning and etc and many other things in the game but the reason that the game is in a repetitive cycle for me is to be able to score in certain ways in the game and if you try something different the game doesn't allow you to score. One thing that I always loved about PES games are the freedom - the creativity, they you can score your 1000th goal in the game and it might be something that you have never seen before. That was amazing in PES games.

I am especially unhappy about refereing as I love to shield the ball with my players and get past my opponents with body feints, as I do play football like that in real life too but opponents clip, foul you yet ref doesn't call most of them. That causes me to play safer, pass the ball more often and in certain situations if i dribble with the ball i know that i'm losing the ball so i don't even attempt it = That makes it repetitive and uncreative.

Another example is i play a "perfect" through ball, the angle, the height of the ball is perfect, in real football the ball would end up at my player's feet but defense in the game somehow reads it perfectly and makes an absurd header to clear it with his head just before it reaches to my player. It looks so robotic that you can see that it's in the codes of the game.. You can'T break it. You see a perfect angle for through-ball, you are sure to get past the defense, NOPE. There are limits in this game. It's sad to see them to be honest. I want to feel like playing a fully creative football simulation not a football video game with codes that limits what I can do and what I can't.

And lastly I literally hate the low IQ of my AI team-mates on offense. They STOP, yes THEY STOP going forward if i'm dribbling forward with my player and then suddenly go back to turn around to get past CPU player, when I go back with the ball, my AI TEAMMATES STOP running to the empty space. So when i get past the opponent finally, my ai teammates who were going to be in a favorable position if they didn't cut their run are suddenly in front of the defense and that causes me to pass the ball around to find opening again. I found that opening, i was going to pass the ball to the open man yet they stopped running because player controlled team-mate was turning his back to goal. So on the gaming code they wrote it like this : "if the guy with the ball is turning back to the goal, stop running to the space, wait".

That's totally dumb.

One more thing : You can score goals more easily if the ball bounces off just in front of you or after you try to control it and it bounces a little bit - SHOOT THE BALL when that happens. It's going in most often

Having said all that I like the game overall and i'm going to play it until PES 2021 comes out. Just sharing my opinions with my fellow PES fans
Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #258
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Does anyone feel like the game seems better with the 1.5 patch? Noticing more midfield battles and more variety in the CPUs attacks.

I feel like dribbling is a little closer to the demo. I’ve been wrapped up in this AC-Odyssey DLC but managed to get a few BAL matches in last night. Really enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 01:14 AM   #259
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I feel like dribbling is a little closer to the demo. I’ve been wrapped up in this AC-Odyssey DLC but managed to get a few BAL matches in last night. Really enjoyed it

This game is wonky, not sure how else to describe it. Every once in a while I have the odd game where everything is very responsive and it is really fun because of the variety it allows. Then for some reason it reverts back to feeling like you are controlling an 18 wheeler. I think it's backend related has everything to do with their servers. It's a shame because when it plays like I think they intended it to....... it's a totally different experience.

This may sound crazy but I'm starting to think Konami may be doing this intentionally. Meaning they feed you these crumbs so you keep coming back to see if today is the day. I don't trust these companies anymore with all the money involved. I think you can make a case that they are playing with your psyche with a lot of this stuff.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #260
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackets
This game is wonky, not sure how else to describe it. Every once in a while I have the odd game where everything is very responsive and it is really fun because of the variety it allows. Then for some reason it reverts back to feeling like you are controlling an 18 wheeler. I think it's backend related has everything to do with their servers. It's a shame because when it plays like I think they intended it to....... it's a totally different experience.

This may sound crazy but I'm starting to think Konami may be doing this intentionally. Meaning they feed you these crumbs so you keep coming back to see if today is the day. I don't trust these companies anymore with all the money involved. I think you can make a case that they are playing with your psyche with a lot of this stuff.

I think you’re right in terms of there being behind the scenes server related things that can affect gameplay. I’ve heard some prominent PES youtuber’s like Spoony Pizzas mention it too.

There’s also the form arrows. When your players, especially good attackers/dribblers are on upward arrows, the game feels incredible but when they’re down they feel sluggish and bulky.

I’ve sent so many tweets and messages over the years to Konami that they need to fix their random form. You could bag a brace and score in three straight and all of a sudden, bam, you’re on a downward arrow. Their response has always been that it helps with squad rotation but I’m the manager, let me decide when I need to rotate my squad.

Also, form arrows shouldn’t affect physical traits. I could be on full stamina, well rested, and all of because I have a down form arrow I’m all of a sudden 25% less agile. Gimme a break!

Old 11-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes the game is wonky but that's life. I completely agree with many of the illogical complaints...they are obviously, well illogical. But I also see the point of the developers here...they force squad rotations on you. I Don't like it but how else could this happen? Look at real life football...players just don't show up sometimes...who knows why? Human behavior is often lacking logic so Konami throw some odd twists our way to deal with. I've come to accept it as part of the game for the simple reason the devs are doing it with a purpose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #262
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Their response has always been that it helps with squad rotation but I’m the manager, let me decide when I need to rotate my squad.
The stamina + schedule is enough for me to constantly be rotating my Inter squad without even factoring in form. I have to rotate more than I feel like I should have to or what would be done in real life.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:39 PM   #263
MVP

OVR: 6

So in my ML i won the EPL by 2 points.

But in the last game of the year, they didnt have any trophy presentation. Just the players cheered on the field. i know they don't have the license but was expecting at least some type of generic trophy being lifted up.

Is that what happens or did I miss something at the end? I made sure i didnt press any buttons to skip anything.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #264
Rookie

I scrapped my EPL master league and started one in the Argentinean league. Somehow I'm enjoying the gameplay more with the lower quality sides. Can't explain it. I even got my first pen in the first league match!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »