Home

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Oh I forgot one item. Playing 20minute halves! I wouldn’t dream of that in previous years/the other game.

The pace of play and build up is so good that I actually need the longer game to get shot totals inline with real life. That right there should be enough to tell you how SIM of an experience they’ve created.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #42
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Moses is on loan at Fenerbahce from Chelsea and i've checked that he's actually written as on-loan from Chelsea, so he'll depart from my team at the end of the season.
Hi mate where did you find this information? I opened up a quick Master League for Arsenal and could see if any of my players were on loan. Also noticed how contracts were all messed up; Pepe who just signed has his contract ending in the next year.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #43
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Hi mate where did you find this information? I opened up a quick Master League for Arsenal and could see if any of my players were on loan. Also noticed how contracts were all messed up; Pepe who just signed has his contract ending in the next year.
I will check it but it was in squad information table i guess.
Use R1, R2, you'll see it in player's information screen, go to that specific player.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:02 AM   #44
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Oh I forgot one item. Playing 20minute halves! I wouldn’t dream of that in previous years/the other game.

The pace of play and build up is so good that I actually need the longer game to get shot totals inline with real life. That right there should be enough to tell you how SIM of an experience they’ve created.
That's right, you can play a 20 minute game. Actually i shoot about 4 -10 times per game with 10 minute match, 20 minute / game is definitely possible, you won't have big scores and too many shots
Old 09-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

Lareka- Does the CPU make dynamic strategy/tactic changes over the course of a game? Or is it static to whatever strategy they begin the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #46
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Technical superiority of 1 player or speed superiority of 1 player make more of a difference than in the past. Ball control with higher ball control skilled players is very easy and give you advantage in certain situations just like in real football whereas if his ball control is mediocre or poor, the ball if it's lofted ball for ex. can go as further as 2 meters after trying to control it. This is the advantage of having technical players, just one of them because you'll see the difference in through balls too. If you do it with a highly technical player you can send a deadly pass but if you attempt with a mediocre technical player the ball will end up in keeper's hands or defenders' feet / head...

Moreover, with very fast players you can hit the sprint button and get past your opponent just by your speed which was not possible in previous PES Games.

I played more than 20 games in total and CPU attacks differently depending on their team strategy. I've seen an inferior side trying to send long balls to their center forward all game long and i've seen a lot of sides trying to stay close and play the low pass. Juventus - just like in real football, defends at high level and exploits any mistakes that you do, they go directly to the ball without playing with the ball needlessly. Barça is going for high % of ball domination and they press high when you have the ball again just like real football...

I opened up 3 seperate ML to see the differences. With Lazio i configured my formation as 3-3-2-2 and the team chemistry was 80 to start the game. I opene one with Fenerbahce in Turkey, they never play 3 defenders, i did the same formation, team chemistry started with 40 !

Also in my league with Lazio , Brazilian Gerson who is playing for Flamengo is not assigned to any club because of Konami's mistake was a free agent, i was able to sign him. I opened a new ML with Fenerbahce whose season started a little later, Gerson was not available ! So i need to know if free agents in the game starting the ML are going to be different or not, anyone else notice same thing?

The game is a blast to play for me, defending is very easy (for me), AI is very smart defensively (my team and opposition team), offensively i'm still trying to figure out the game as regular tricks sometimes doesn't work in the game- the angles to shoot the ball better, the dribbling and getting past your opponent and etc. -

I'm glad goalkeepers don't make braindead mistakes this time, they had terrible flaws in each game - either sticking to the goal too much on 1 on 1s, or not closing down the angle of the shooter enough, conceeding too many goals from dead-angles or not being able to clear the ball after a shot and etc. This time they are pretty good !

The diversity of offensive strategies and how they try to score the goal is HEADS AND SHOULDERS ahead of Pes 2019 where CPU was going to low crosses all the time, not attempting shots enough
This..... this game is fun and has variety. FIFA does not even come close. And yes played FIFA beta and demo. Came away bored after playing FIFA. PES I keep coming back for more. I am talking about gameplay. I know off the field FIFA has more of a punch. But on the pitch matters to me first. Both games off the pitch have issues, legacy issues. This is just a fact. But PES keeps me coming back to play more

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 09-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #47
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
I think the game overall is great. Teams play differently from one another , central midfielders have a bigger impact on the game now, long ball passes aren't easily defended anymore and I love the physicality in the game now. This is by far the best PES I've played. I do have one gripe and I'm not sure if its my mind playing tricks on me or not. Since the update, I don't see a lot of fouls that I saw in the first couple days before the patch. I've only played 2 games after the patch but there seems to be a noticeable difference, unless I'm just unlucky. Anyone else notice this?
FIFA a barely saw a foul in any games. Atleast in PES I am getting some fouls. 8 total my last match with 10 min halves.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 09-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #48
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59

Yeah, most contracts are wrong like that for new signings on all teams. And it sounds like dude only checked one loan player and decided they were all correct. Here are real life loans that are not set correctly in game, and the players are listed as being owed by that team and not on loan. As in you wont find them on their correct team and being listed as loan. They are on the team they are loaned to, but listed as their player. And you can loan them or buy them with another club.

Wilson at Bournmouth from Liverpool

Giovani lo Celso at Spurs from Real Betis

Mings at Aston Villa from Bournemouth
Dafoe at Rangers from Bournemouth
Mkhitaryan at Roma from Arsenal
Saliba at Saint Etienne from Arsenal
Ejaria at Reading from Liverpool
Millar at Kilmanark from Liverpool
Grabara at AGF from Liverpool

I could keep going but I stopped looking last night after getting extremely disappointed from those. I imagine 90% of all loans/roster places are wrong as per the Konami usual not giving a ****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »