Home

Finally a true simulation

This is a discussion on Finally a true simulation within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finally a true simulation

Playing the demo I was not expecting such a masterpiece. I've been waiting for years a game in which longer halves were possibile. And finally we got it. I'm playing 30 minute games and enjoing it.

There a lot of gamers here who like the full simulation approach. 48 minute games in NBA2K, full length with accelerated clock in Madden and so on.

Finally there is a game playable for those who like enjoy matches and leagues.

I literally stayed away from soccer games because of the arcade nature and because they were supposed to be played with short and rushed matches. No build-up, strategy involved, nothing. Just speed, bad defenses and crazy goals.

I think PES 2020 is a huge step in that directions.

I hope it stays as it is even if the internet is already full of complaints about misses.

In real life players miss a lot of passes, shots and controls. That's a key part of soccer and it is essential to create a simulation.

I hope Konami will keep heading in this direction.

I'm from Europe (Italy) and I'm writing this here because I'm huge fan of american sports.

In Europe it's rare to find people who play nba2k, Madden or MLBTS. Despite being good games Fifa and Pes never came close to the feeling that those games give. Until pes 2020...

Pes 2020 is the first game that can be considered as part of that club.

It's the first soccer game that is really aiming at representing the sport...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 02:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Finally a true simulation

Yes, I hope people give PES a chance this year rather than Fifa because the game really is fantastic.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

This game is brilliant! Definitely joins NBA2k, The Golf Club, and MLB The Show as the elite offerings in sports sims
Old 09-15-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Well said, Sirio

This year's version is best yet
Old 09-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Game is sensational. Still some annoying things that have somehow been overlooked by Konami (off the pitch) but it is, as you say, the best representation of football in a game yet i think.

I am a bit nervous about how much it pushes my PS4 pro though, I've had two big crashes and every match i play my room sounds like a hair salon with the fan.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #6
MVP

lareka's Arena

PES 2020 is the BEST SIMULATION FOOTBALL GAME OF ALL TIME. Not the best game, not the most fun game but the BEST SIMULATION FOOTBALL GAME of all time. That's just a fact. If you know the X's and O's of football and enjoy it, you'll love this game. If you are a casual football fan who would like to have fun playing football on a video game you'll get bored playing this. I love this game
Old 09-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

It is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the demo, I can't believe how bad they botched it since the demo. The demo was so good.

The way they do aggresgate scores is also terrible having the score of the leg DIRECTLY underneath the current score makes it confusing as hell. Why couldn't they setup the score champions league style?

And the passing is WAY too accurate. You can still ping pong and though ball your way to victory. It's better than 2019 but they need to nerf the passing a lot.

And the gamespeed needs to be slower by default. It's much faster than the demo.

And most of the opposing teams with the AI play a very similar style. You n never feel like each team has an identity, everyone tries the same thing. Although in fairness it is better than last year where the AI always spammed low crosses.

I still like the game overall, but it's insanely frustrating how hardly anything has improved from (the very good) demo, but got much worse

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »