Home

How to get a penalty in PES 2020?

This is a discussion on How to get a penalty in PES 2020? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

After failing to get a single penalty after months of playing PES 2019 I finally got one in the PES 2020 demo, but Konami seems to have drastically reduced fouls in the final version?

Any tips on getting a penalty? When I watch Premier League or play FIFA there are penalties in maybe 10-20% of the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #2
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

When you say “penalties” do you mean penalty kicks or just fouls in general? I find it interesting that you see penalties in FIFA. I hardly see any fouls at all on FIFA unless I’m committing them.

As it relates to PES... I think you have to be patient drawing in the defense in order to get more fouls. I obviously don’t know how you play, but if you are doing a bunch of one touch passes or shots then you are not giving the defense enough time to get to your players to potentially foul them.

I would say that it seems like fouls come in bunches on PES. Either you have zero or you have multiple in one game.

I am actually a little disappointed that Konami lowered fouls in the final game. I liked it better in the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming

Last edited by KidsAreAsleep; 09-15-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #3
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How to get a penalty in PES 2020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsAreAsleep
When you say “penalties” do you mean penalty kicks or just fouls in general? I find it interesting that you see penalties in FIFA. I hardly see any fouls at all on FIFA unless I’m committing them.

As it relates to PES... I think you have to be patient drawing in the defense in order to get more fouls. I obviously don’t know how you play, but if you are doing a bunch of one touch passes or shots then you are not giving the defense enough time to get to your players to potentially foul them.

I would say that it seems like fouls come in bunches on PES. Either you have zero or you have multiple in one game.

I am actually a little disappointed that Konami lowered fouls in the final game. I liked it better in the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I am already in November in my ML. It just varies. Some games more than others. But they do happen. Not like demo. But they do. I have found the sweet spot to be atleast 14 min halfs.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #4
Rookie

I am playing a Premier League with Arsenal and already had 3 penalties for me in the season. You have to try to dribble the CPU inside the box and if he misses the tackle it will be a penalty. One of the penalties was a silly play by the CPU trying to get first in the ball with a sliding tackle and only hitting my player. The other two penalties were caused by a dribble from Pepé inside the box where the CPU misses the standing tackle. Both 3 were very realistic penalties that would be absolutely given in real life.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #5
Rookie

I meant penalties specifically, but of course it's connected to Konami toning down fouls in general.

Most years I play a lot of both PES and FIFA and for me the number of penalties I got in FIFA last year correlated much more with reality.

So basically you're saying I have to do a skill move in the penalty box? Any recommendations for a simple move that could lead to a penalty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by romraptor
I meant penalties specifically, but of course it's connected to Konami toning down fouls in general.

Most years I play a lot of both PES and FIFA and for me the number of penalties I got in FIFA last year correlated much more with reality.

So basically you're saying I have to do a skill move in the penalty box? Any recommendations for a simple move that could lead to a penalty?
No need for skill move, if you have a player that is good at dribbling you can use the dribble only with the directional. Just try to fool the defender pressing one side and than quickly turn to the opposite side and press the running button right after the last turn, it's a very simple dribble but works a lot if you have a talented player. If you also press the L1 button while dribbling you will have a better and quick response from the player, so the L1 button is good to contain the ball and avoid a steal from the CPU.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Couldn't see that L1 did anything. You sure it's the right button? You want me to use it with left stick only?

Last edited by romraptor; 09-16-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Try using the close control (R2/RT) and then burst by them with the R1 (hold not double tap) and then use the L-stick for the direction. Gold dribblers usually have some tricks up their sleeve without having to do the skill commands.

I find that’s the best way to create space when you’re tightly marked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »