Home

eFootball PES 2020 Review

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
eFootball PES 2020 Review

With a month head start on its competitor, the newly rebranded eFootball PES 2020 has finally...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Review

Excellent Review. I almost didn't expect it to be, as most reviewers seem to prefer just comparing PES to FIFA and letting that be the basis of the review. This was well worded, balanced and detailed. Very good.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Great review KG, I hear you on the defending from the demo compared to the final release. It is a little easier which is unfortunate but overall it is definitely the best PES I have played in a while especially against the AI. Hopefully the find a balance with the fouls and the defending via patch in the coming months. Also you should be ashamed for allowing Benteke to score against you.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Very good review, KG.

Although i prefer the fouls from the final game that the excessive from the demo. I remember playing the demo and about 60% of the fouls were real foul contact, however in the final game i believe that 90% of the fouls that i seen so far were clear fouls with very clear contact from the defender.

The problem is that "referreeing" is very different around the world, for example the amount of fouls in South American leagues are much higher than in European leagues because the referee tend to give fouls for every single contact, much like in the demo. I really wish that konami gave us an option to choose the referee style for our leagues or before each match, it would please people that prefer less fouls and the ones that prefers more.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Great review as always KG... it put me over to buy the game.

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't have the PS4 version in stock and neither do any local stores here so have to wait till Thursday as I got it from Target.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #6
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Great review Kevin!

Love the little video examples in your review. eFootball PES 2020 is an incredible game! My pick for best sports game of 2019. Hands down. The realism in this game is unmatched. Nothing comes close to it. No other sports game does imo.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 09-16-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
Excellent Review. I almost didn't expect it to be, as most reviewers seem to prefer just comparing PES to FIFA and letting that be the basis of the review. This was well worded, balanced and detailed. Very good.
Thank you very much for the kind words Peninc!

Don't be a stranger around these parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Great review KG, I hear you on the defending from the demo compared to the final release. It is a little easier which is unfortunate but overall it is definitely the best PES I have played in a while especially against the AI. Hopefully the find a balance with the fouls and the defending via patch in the coming months. Also you should be ashamed for allowing Benteke to score against you.
As always, thanks Royce!

Much like my Blues in IRL my virtual Blues can't keep a clean sheet to save their lives or defend aerial attacks lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
Very good review, KG.

Although i prefer the fouls from the final game that the excessive from the demo. I remember playing the demo and about 60% of the fouls were real foul contact, however in the final game i believe that 90% of the fouls that i seen so far were clear fouls with very clear contact from the defender.

The problem is that "referreeing" is very different around the world, for example the amount of fouls in South American leagues are much higher than in European leagues because the referee tend to give fouls for every single contact, much like in the demo. I really wish that konami gave us an option to choose the referee style for our leagues or before each match, it would please people that prefer less fouls and the ones that prefers more.
Oh def agree about the different styles for the various leagues but I like the "human element" that the demo added where the ref, just like in real life, get fouls wrong sometime. I wouldn't be opposed to different refs and different styles for different leagues. It would go a long way towards adding variety to different leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Great review as always KG... it put me over to buy the game.

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't have the PS4 version in stock and neither do any local stores here so have to wait till Thursday as I got it from Target.
Appreciate that Alt!

Yeah it's always hard to get PES. My local shops might have 1-2 copies MAX. I love the ease of digital games but then you can't sell them later. #1st_world_problems!
Old 09-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Great review Kevin!

Love the little video examples in your review. eFootball PES 2020 is an incredible game! My pick for best sports game of 2019. Hands down. The realism in this game is unmatched. Nothing comes close to it. No other sports game does imo.
Thanks Peter!

Yeah I'm trying to incorporate more videos/gifs to highlight what I'm seeing (both positive and negative). Helps up break up all the text too ha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »