Home

PES2020 Master League Discussion

This is a discussion on PES2020 Master League Discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #57
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES2020 Master League Discussion

I'm ~ 10-15 matches into my YR1 Chelsea ML. I disabled the first transfer window so if there are any moves to be made I'll do them in Jan/next summer.

Started off the year winning the Super Cup vs Liverpool, leaving it late to a Kante 88th minute goal after being outplayed all match. Started the league campaign with a 1-1 draw vs Spurs where we gave up a late equalizer, a sad preview of things to come.

Beat Villa 1-3 away in the next league match but blew a 2 goal lead at home in the UCL vs Brugge to draw. Vardy ran us ragged in the next match but we managed to tie Leicester 2-2 at home before beating Everton 1-2 away.

Three straight draws for us next starting with Palace (1-1), Benfica in the UCL (1-1) and Brighton away (0-0). We got back to winning ways with a 4-1 thrashing of M'borough in the FA Cup followed up a 3-1 win at home vs Young Boys in the UCL and a 2-1 win in the league vs Soto.

Next up is:

Newcastle (A)
Norwich (H)
Young Boys (A)

Currently sitting in 3rd, tied on points (13) with Newcastle and Watford after 7 matches. Sitting 2nd in the UCL group behind Brugge as well and we're facing Villa in the next round of the FA Cup.

Still trying to figure out my best XI but so far Tammy, Azpi, Reece James, Rudi, AC, Kante, and Pulisic are first choice in the 4-2-3-1.

Our goal is to finish in the Top 4 and make it out of the UCL group stages so as of right now it's all good.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I'm ~ 10-15 matches into my YR1 Chelsea ML. I disabled the first transfer window so if there are any moves to be made I'll do them in Jan/next summer.

Started off the year winning the Super Cup vs Liverpool, leaving it late to a Kante 88th minute goal after being outplayed all match. Started the league campaign with a 1-1 draw vs Spurs where we gave up a late equalizer, a sad preview of things to come.

Beat Villa 1-3 away in the next league match but blew a 2 goal lead at home in the UCL vs Brugge to draw. Vardy ran us ragged in the next match but we managed to tie Leicester 2-2 at home before beating Everton 1-2 away.

Three straight draws for us next starting with Palace (1-1), Benfica in the UCL (1-1) and Brighton away (0-0). We got back to winning ways with a 4-1 thrashing of M'borough in the FA Cup followed up a 3-1 win at home vs Young Boys in the UCL and a 2-1 win in the league vs Soto.

Next up is:

Newcastle (A)
Norwich (H)
Young Boys (A)

Currently sitting in 3rd, tied on points (13) with Newcastle and Watford after 7 matches. Sitting 2nd in the UCL group behind Brugge as well and we're facing Villa in the next round of the FA Cup.

Still trying to figure out my best XI but so far Tammy, Azpi, Reece James, Rudi, AC, Kante, and Pulisic are first choice in the 4-2-3-1.

Our goal is to finish in the Top 4 and make it out of the UCL group stages so as of right now it's all good.

Sounds good man! Who are your targets for the transfer window? It would be fun to build a good young english team!
Old 04-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #59
Rookie

Been having an absolute BLAST playing Master League on Superstar/Full Manual. I post the series on YouTube (just started) so I'll appreciate if anyone wants to check it out!

(I'm not allowed to post links yet so just go to: Terry F Gaming on YouTube)

Anyway, I'm attempting to return Racing Santander to the first division in Spain and eventually Europe. We are pretty early in the season but some smart free agent signings and some shrewd business in the window have made us a fun and competitive team so far in Segunda!

Bojan Krkic is having a career revival playing in a Messi role for our team but it's our team captain Jordi Quintilla that's been the real lynchpin in the center of the park. He scored a wonder goal in his last match too from deep, he's like a left-footed Xabi Alonso for me.

After the first window I'm going to be a lot more realistic. Going to build the team around a core of Spanish players and I'm signing guys from Segunda that are doing well. Not only signing young players too, I've started to pay attention to team role so I'm bringing in some good veterans to help give the squad some experience.

(I swear this game is only meant to be played with manual passing and shooting, opens the whole game up.)
Old 04-08-2020, 10:48 AM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryfgaming
Sounds good man! Who are your targets for the transfer window? It would be fun to build a good young english team!

My main areas I wanted to strengthen were:

Backup ST - Michy is ehhh and Giroud is out of contract in the summer so a backup ST would be needed for next year.

Winger - Same with the ST, Willian and Pedro are both out of contract in the summer and are starting to decline. I was more inclined to resign Willian because he’s a better player than Pedro and his transfer value is higher meaning I could resign him and still get decent value after this year.

Backup GK - I think Wily is going to retire soon so I’ll either promote a non-regen kid of sign some FA.

What I actually did in January:

Well Barca came sniffing around Kante and even though we extended his deal/raised his transfer fee Barca still activated it for ~115mil so we were flush with cash.

Here’s who we signed:

SMS - we got him for around ~60 mil from Lazio. We needed a big strong presence in the MF but also someone who can get goals. With SMS and RLC we got that.

Julian Draxler - I wanted to get a winger for when Willian/Pedro leave and he was available. He’s pretty versatile too and can play out wide, as a CAM, or a #8. He cost around ~40 mil

Lee Kang-in - He was more of a buy and loan development type of project so we paid Valencia ~18 mil and then sent him out on loan.

Gabigol - I wanted a ST with a little more pace and Gabigol fits that plus he can play out wide in a pinch. He was technically a FA in PES so all we had to pay was his salary (~2 mil per year).

Junior Firpo - we brought him on loan from Barca with an option to buy but he kind of sucks. He’s a big LB but he isn’t very agile so I don’t think I’m gonna make his deal permanent.

We also sold Alonso to Lazio and sent a few guys like Gilmore out on loan.

I’m on YR2 now but for YR1 we:

Won the Super Cup vs Liverpool on an extra-time Kante goal.

Finished third in the league behind Man City & Liverpool (who we beat 3x)

Lost in the Semis of the FA Cup to Norwich. Just couldn’t put it past their keeper.

Lost in the Quarters of the UCL to PSG 3-2 on away. We lost the first leg 1-3 but won the 2nd leg 1-0. We scored in the 2nd leg right before the half but couldn’t find the goal we needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #61
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

Backup ST - Michy is ehhh and Giroud is out of contract in the summer so a backup ST would be needed for next year.

Winger - Same with the ST, Willian and Pedro are both out of contract in the summer and are starting to decline. I was more inclined to resign Willian because he’s a better player than Pedro and his transfer value is higher meaning I could resign him and still get decent value after this year.

Backup GK - I think Wily is going to retire soon so I’ll either promote a non-regen kid of sign some FA.

Well Barca came sniffing around Kante and even though we extended his deal/raised his transfer fee Barca still activated it for ~115mil so we were flush with cash.

Here’s who we signed:

SMS - we got him for around ~60 mil from Lazio. We needed a big strong presence in the MF but also someone who can get goals. With SMS and RLC we got that.

Julian Draxler - I wanted to get a winger for when Willian/Pedro leave and he was available. He’s pretty versatile too and can play out wide, as a CAM, or a #8. He cost around ~40 mil

Lee Kang-in - He was more of a buy and loan development type of project so we paid Valencia ~18 mil and then sent him out on loan.

Gabigol - I wanted a ST with a little more pace and Gabigol fits that plus he can play out wide in a pinch. He was technically a FA in PES so all we had to pay was his salary (~2 mil per year).

Junior Firpo - we brought him on loan from Barca with an option to buy but he kind of sucks. He’s a big LB but he isn’t very agile so I don’t think I’m gonna make his deal permanent.

Lost in the Semis of the FA Cup to Norwich. Just couldn’t put it past their keeper.

Lost in the Quarters of the UCL to PSG 3-2 on away. We lost the first leg 1-3 but won the 2nd leg 1-0. We scored in the 2nd leg right before the half but couldn’t find the goal we needed.

Sounds like a very realistic transfer window. Hit on a few but had a bad move mixed in as well. I really like SMS and think he would be a top Premier League play with his physical play.

Your season sounded exciting, have you ever thought about doing a career thread? Would be a fun follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

Here’s who we signed:

That is such a NICE return for Kante. The Game let you buy Lee Kang-In and loan him in the same window?

You should maybe look into Phil Foden! Get a young english connecting going maybe?
Old 04-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #63
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
Sounds like a very realistic transfer window. Hit on a few but had a bad move mixed in as well. I really like SMS and think he would be a top Premier League play with his physical play.

Your season sounded exciting, have you ever thought about doing a career thread? Would be a fun follow.
Yeah it was a pretty good year. Our form in the beginning of the season put us realistically out of the title race with all the draws and we dipped a little after our Jan transfer moves but Abraham was deadly all year and we did enough to meet our goals.

I was actually going to do one but then I got too far ahead. I'll probably do one next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryfgaming
That is such a NICE return for Kante. The Game let you buy Lee Kang-In and loan him in the same window?

You should maybe look into Phil Foden! Get a young english connecting going maybe?
Yeah it was a good influx of cash but Chelsea have so many extra players (Pasalic, Morata, Bakayoko, etc...) that I would have preferred to keep Kante since he's the best ball winning MF in the game.

I think because I bought him before the window actually opened I was able to loan him out.

I actually thought about Foden because City was trying to loan him out BUT I have Mount, Draxler, RLC, and Kang who can all play there. Pulisic too in a pinch.

I spent big in the summer! Once I get back home, I'll look at the moves I made in the summer before YR2. There were some key signings!
Old 04-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah it was a pretty good year. Our form in the beginning of the season put us realistically out of the title race with all the draws and we dipped a little after our Jan transfer moves but Abraham was deadly all year and we did enough to meet our goals.

I was actually going to do one but then I got too far ahead. I'll probably do one next year.

Yeah it was a good influx of cash but Chelsea have so many extra players (Pasalic, Morata, Bakayoko, etc...) that I would have preferred to keep Kante since he's the best ball winning MF in the game.

I think because I bought him before the window actually opened I was able to loan him out.

I actually thought about Foden because City was trying to loan him out BUT I have Mount, Draxler, RLC, and Kang who can all play there. Pulisic too in a pinch.

I spent big in the summer! Once I get back home, I'll look at the moves I made in the summer before YR2. There were some key signings!
Awesome sounds good! You're building a good side for the future for sure!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »