Home

eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Arrives on September 15 - Trailer, Features, Screenshots & Price Revealed

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Arrives on September 15 - Trailer, Features, Screenshots & Price Revealed within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2020, 02:05 AM   #25

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: eFootball PES 2021 Will Be a Season Content Update For PES 2020, with Updated Pla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
The wording of "season update" confuses me because that, to me, sounds like DLC for the 2020 version, which would require owning 2020 first. To simplify, if you don't own 2020, do you have to purchase 2020 and 2021 to play the new game? Or just 2021?

Also, will this change how mods work on PC? I would think if there isn't an architecture update, all 2020 mods will still be valid.
Konami says there will be a physical version of PES 2021, so people don't have to own 2020. But they also say if you have PES 2020 Lite (which is free) you can download 2021 at the discounted price. I don't think it's an update that installs on top of PES 2020, so I'd imagine mods will have to be added again. Idk. It's very convoluted and weird, just like the official name "eFootball PES 2021 Season Update."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #26
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Arrives on September 15 - Trailer, Features, Scr

There isn't any gameplay changes right? I will in no way pay for it then it would would be crazy to charge so much for some cosmetic changes when the PC community pretty much is an arm and a leg above them on this. These are the reasons why a I am cautiously optimistic about the future of PES even with the change in engine. There are too many aspects that have been ignored for a long time, fans deserve better.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #27
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Arrives on September 15 - Trailer, Features, Scr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
There isn't any gameplay changes right? I will in no way pay for it then it would would be crazy to charge so much for some cosmetic changes when the PC community pretty much is an arm and a leg above them on this. These are the reasons why a I am cautiously optimistic about the future of PES even with the change in engine. There are too many aspects that have been ignored for a long time, fans deserve better.
My guess, and this isn't confirmed, is that they'll continue with data packs (faces, balls, teams, etc...) with some minor gameplay tweaks throughout the year. Whether or not they'll be transparent as to what these "tweaks" are...yeah I highly doubt it.

What throws everything off is how much of the old Fox engine will migrate over to the new Unreal engine.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #28
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I guess I may just purchase 2020 then and stick with mods for an extra year. I was holding off to purchase 2021, but that seems moot at this point unless most of the PC community moves to 2021.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #29
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

So with PS5 hopefully actually having backwards compatibility this time around that should mean PES 21 will be playable on it correct?

Assuming I can get a PS5 at launch I didn't have any intention on keeping my PS4. It's be a shame to have to keep it around just to play PES.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
So with PS5 hopefully actually having backwards compatibility this time around that should mean PES 21 will be playable on it correct?

Assuming I can get a PS5 at launch I didn't have any intention on keeping my PS4. It's be a shame to have to keep it around just to play PES.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

There is no next gen PES or NHL for this winter so im thinking of skippin PS5 till next year fall.

And whats the difference to play PS4 game on PS5? Its not next gen

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »