Home

PES on PC

This is a discussion on PES on PC within the Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Evolution Soccer
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sacramento
PES on PC

I am seriously considering getting a laptop capable of running PES along with the usual things we use them for but I have one question if someone can help me out. Can you download the game via a WiFi connection or do you need an Ethernet cable? I have been looking into pc gaming for a while, and something in my mind says that I read it somewhere about an Ethernet cable being needed to download the game. Of course, now I am researching laptops etc I canít find anything that will answer this question!


Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
villabraves is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2018
Re: PES on PC

Absolutely you can download the game via WiFi. What gave you the impression you needed an ethernet cable? To my knowledge you can only download the game via Steam.

I have purchased several PES games on Steam and I have downloaded them both ways, via WiFi and Ethernet.

Create a Steam account and when you get your laptop you can download the game.

If you have a PS4 the game should still be on sale for $7.49 (Standard) and the Legends Edition is $9.99, however it does not include the Season Update for 2021.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...all__PES_2020/
Heat_Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: PES on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
I am seriously considering getting a laptop capable of running PES along with the usual things we use them for but I have one question if someone can help me out. Can you download the game via a WiFi connection or do you need an Ethernet cable? I have been looking into pc gaming for a while, and something in my mind says that I read it somewhere about an Ethernet cable being needed to download the game. Of course, now I am researching laptops etc I canít find anything that will answer this question!


Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I don't have it on PC but I've downloaded Madden through wifi, and strategy games through Steam without the cable.
coach422001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
Chillin
 
RoyceDa59's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ontario / Charlotte
Posts: 3,714
Re: PES on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
I am seriously considering getting a laptop capable of running PES along with the usual things we use them for but I have one question if someone can help me out. Can you download the game via a WiFi connection or do you need an Ethernet cable? I have been looking into pc gaming for a while, and something in my mind says that I read it somewhere about an Ethernet cable being needed to download the game. Of course, now I am researching laptops etc I canít find anything that will answer this question!


Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Most definitely you can download it via wifi like most others have said and I can't recommend it enough to jump into PC gaming if you are enjoy your sports games mostly offline. I recently just got me a ASUS ROG M15 and it's been great and playing PES on it with the best mods is really fun I can't believe I wait so long to jump back into PC gaming. Also what is your budget for a laptop?
RoyceDa59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:06 PM   #5
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sacramento
Re: PES on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Fan
Absolutely you can download the game via WiFi. What gave you the impression you needed an ethernet cable? To my knowledge you can only download the game via Steam.



I have purchased several PES games on Steam and I have downloaded them both ways, via WiFi and Ethernet.



Create a Steam account and when you get your laptop you can download the game.



If you have a PS4 the game should still be on sale for $7.49 (Standard) and the Legends Edition is $9.99, however it does not include the Season Update for 2021.



https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...all__PES_2020/

Great thanks for the info. I canít remember where but I know I saw it written saying ethernet cable needed to download the game but I did think in this day and age we should be using WiFi!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Most definitely you can download it via wifi like most others have said and I can't recommend it enough to jump into PC gaming if you are enjoy your sports games mostly offline. I recently just got me a ASUS ROG M15 and it's been great and playing PES on it with the best mods is really fun I can't believe I wait so long to jump back into PC gaming. Also what is your budget for a laptop?

Thanks for your reply. I need to recheck online but that may actually be one of the laptops Iíve saved in my wishlist. I keep seeing so many saying that with mods on PC, PES is a different game.



Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
villabraves is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sacramento
Re: PES on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Most definitely you can download it via wifi like most others have said and I can't recommend it enough to jump into PC gaming if you are enjoy your sports games mostly offline. I recently just got me a ASUS ROG M15 and it's been great and playing PES on it with the best mods is really fun I can't believe I wait so long to jump back into PC gaming. Also what is your budget for a laptop?


I just checked and there are three ASUS ROG M15 listed at Best Buy. Which one did you get? One is 4K UHD and the other two I think the difference is the amount of SSD and the graphics card.


Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
villabraves is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #7
Chillin
 
RoyceDa59's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ontario / Charlotte
Posts: 3,714
Re: PES on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
I just checked and there are three ASUS ROG M15 listed at Best Buy. Which one did you get? One is 4K UHD and the other two I think the difference is the amount of SSD and the graphics card.


Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I got the 1660 Ti - 512GB SSD version on sale few weeks back its good but the fans gets loud when running PES on high settings, apparently this is kind of the norm with certain gaming laptops.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 08-12-2020 at 06:38 PM.
RoyceDa59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #8
Just some dude...
 
BobbyColtrane's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In front of a TV, holding a controller
Posts: 2,043
Re: PES on PC

I play on both a laptop and desktop and enjoy both, but you can always get more bang for your buck on a desktop.

Not trying to s-talk anyone's setup but if you aren't going to move it around, check what you can get in a desktop for the same budget. Not to mention you can upgrade a desktop over time which isn't possible with a laptop other than an SSD or RAM.

I only play my PC and Switch now. I might dust off my PS4 Pro for Ghost of Tsushima.
BobbyColtrane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Evolution Soccer »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Top -