Home

eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Review - Worthy Gameplay Updates Mixed With Legacy Issues

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Review - Worthy Gameplay Updates Mixed With Legacy Issues within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Review - Worthy Gameplay Updates Mixed With Legacy Issues

When Konami announced its decision that eFootball PES 2021 would be a season update, many of...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Review - Worthy Gameplay Updates Mixed With Lega

"There’s just not enough improvements off-the-pitch to warrant $60" - except it's a $30 game.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: eFootball PES 2021 Season Update Review - Worthy Gameplay Updates Mixed With Lega

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
"There’s just not enough improvements off-the-pitch to warrant $60" - except it's a $30 game.
Yeah it's already fixed. That was my bad I had used an earlier version of the final portion of the review rather than the update.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I'm liking PES 21. It's funny you mentioned the ball physics as that was one of my favorite bits last year and that continues. I love that the ball can just bounce into open space like in real life. It's also one of the areas that I struggle with in switching back and forth with FIFA. The physics or lack there of in FIFA throws me from time to time in PES.

I found a reddit post about the tactics problem in PES 20 and while I don't believe the user has updated it for 21 yet I'm going to try and apply them in for the update and see how it plays. Watching everyone play long balls was my biggest frustration in 20.

I'm enjoying this year so far and will hold off updating the game until I hear good things about future data packs.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Kevin, I always enjoy reading your articles. Very detailed and love that you also show gameplay videos to go along with your reviews. I was on the fence on purchasing 21, since I already have 20. This article sold me. Thanks again!

Last edited by bransen; 09-19-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
I'm liking PES 21. It's funny you mentioned the ball physics as that was one of my favorite bits last year and that continues. I love that the ball can just bounce into open space like in real life. It's also one of the areas that I struggle with in switching back and forth with FIFA. The physics or lack there of in FIFA throws me from time to time in PES.

I found a reddit post about the tactics problem in PES 20 and while I don't believe the user has updated it for 21 yet I'm going to try and apply them in for the update and see how it plays. Watching everyone play long balls was my biggest frustration in 20.

I'm enjoying this year so far and will hold off updating the game until I hear good things about future data packs.

The weight of the ball just makes it seem like you can feel powered up shots and passes. If you can, post that reddit thread. It's hard going back and forth between PES & FIFA just because of the controls but yeah, the sense of weight and movement PES has.....man I wish it was in FIFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransen
Kevin, I always enjoy reading your articles. Very detailed and love that you also show gameplay videos to go along with your reviews. I was on the fence on purchasing 21, since I already have 20. This article sold me. Thanks again!
Thanks bransen! I like letting you guys see what I see plus it helps to break my long articles lol.

I'm going to try and make even more videos for PES & FIFA this year. Stuff on tactics, formations, etc...

If you guys have any suggestions on the types of things you'd like to see by all means post 'em. PES is a complex game and Konami doesn't do the best job at explaining things.

Last edited by KG; 09-19-2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:16 PM   #7
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
The weight of the ball just makes it seem like you can feel powered up shots and passes. If you can, post that reddit thread. It's hard going back and forth between PES & FIFA just because of the controls but yeah, the sense of weight and movement PES has.....man I wish it was in FIFA.
Here's the thread...
https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comme...files_tactics/
Old 09-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn

Oh ok. I had a feeling it was Klashman lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »