Home

PES 2021 Season Update Master League Thread

This is a discussion on PES 2021 Season Update Master League Thread within the Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Evolution Soccer
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: PES 2021 Season Update Master League Thread

V3 PES Universe is out, and my MUFC ML will kick off today.

I know its not a tactics thread here, but any suggestions on tactics that can have the forwards looking for runs behind (counters), but still can cycle possession if a counter isn't there?

I played some preseason games and I'm not finding the right tactics to get a possession base style but without the wingers constantly checking back to the ball. I want Rashford/Greenwood to look to get more in behind.

Thanks guys, so happy to get a proper ML started.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #18
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Matchdays 5 thru 9 are done and dusted. Espanyol's march back to La Liga is off to a strong start. A few short term injuries were picked up over the weeks leading to some mixed results but all have recovered. Raúl de Tomás has been leading the charge and has been involved in 63% of the teams goals. Through 9 games he's tallied 6 goals and 6 assists. The featured match will see a battle for the top of the division as 2nd place Espanyol look to over take Girona for the top spot.

Matchday 5 Recap: Espanyol v. Almería
Matchday 6 Recap: Málaga v. Espanyo
Matchday 7 Recap: Espanyol v. Logroñés
Matchday 8 Recap: Mirandés v. Espanyol

Matchday 9 Extended Highlights: Espanyol v. Girona

Le RougeSteelers🏈KiezkickerMarinersHeat🏀Hurricanes🏈
Old 11-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #19
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Fan favorite Raúl de Tomás has earned a nickname. "Raul the Terrible" through 14 games he's been terrorizing defenses racking up 10 goals and 7 assists.yoyo.jpeg

Old 11-21-2020, 06:09 PM   #20
Rookie

Me and my streaming buddy decided to goof off a bit with some co-op master league, it's very casual.

Last edited by StoneColdSwede; 11-21-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:07 AM   #21
Pro

lareka's Arena

I suggest everyone to try it on Superstar if it's becoming too easy for you on Top Player. I did it and CPU is not cheating, Superstar is very good, i suggest you to try it.

... I take my word back, these things written above are true but there are also these things that make you avoid playing at superstar:

*Passing is stupidly harder, CPU breaks your passing easily, they touch a lot of passes even though they are not supposed to touch them.

*Getting past your man with sprint is nearly impossible even though your player has better or equal speed than defender and start their run 4-5 meters in front of them.. They catch up with you all the time.

*The games become a battle, passes being intercepted right and left, very rare goal opportunities and creativity goes away in the game as most of the possibilities to score a goal become impossible by design (superstar).

Overall, for a better challenge it's good but i'm not sure why Konami let's CPU players to catch up with you unrealistically with sprint speeds, doesn't allow simple passes to be thrown around. I understand the pressure and more defensive coverages by CPU in superstar which is great but what makes PES great is the creative ways you can attack, it's fluid. Superstar takes away this fluidity, you have only certain ways to score a goal which takes all the fun PES has.

Last edited by lareka; 11-28-2020 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Needed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 11:32 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 6

Just cleared the january window in Year 1 of my MUFC ML.

We sit at 5th in the table, 9 points off leaders Liverpool.
We are also through to the knockouts of UCL.

We used January to clear out the dead weight on this roster, and then made a deadline deal day to bring in Saint Maximin from Newcastle.

We've had some poor form out of Greenwood, so some competition on that right flank, as well as cover for all 3 forward positions made Maximin an attractive piece.

Will push for a trophy here this season before evaluating the roster this summer. Of course, Jadon Sancho remains an option for the summer, but let's see!
Old 11-27-2020, 12:43 AM   #23
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

ESPANYOL END OF SEASON WRAP-UP
  • Jan 1st. Espanyol find themselves in 2nd place with a 10-3-4 record.
  • A few academy players are sent out on loan along with some bench players looking for playing time. Espanyol brings in 35 year old defensive mid Papakouli Diop on a 6 month loan.
  • January sees the start of a 15 game unbeaten run (12-3-0) but things get tight as the squad drop 3 straight games and drop to 2nd place with only 3 matchdays left.
  • With a win on Matchday 40 Espanyol go back top on head to head goal difference with Almeria.
  • On Matchday 41 Espanyol draw against Las Palmas 0-0 where just minutes earlier in elsewhere Spain Almeria lose to Castellon. With the loss by Almeria officials know that Espanyol will be champions. As the final whistle blows on the match for Espanyol they are notified that they will be the next La Laga Smartbank champions and are heading back to the top tier of Spanish football after being relegated the year before.

Espanyol (26W-7D-9L | 69 GF/ 43 GA):
Awards and Leaders
  • Raul de Tomas - Player of the Season, Top Scorer (38)
  • Matias Vargas - Assist Leader (13)
  • Emilio Alveraz - Manager of the Year
  • Raul de Tomas. Matias Vargas, David Lopez, Papakouli Diop, Óscar Melendo make the team of the season.
League Table

Since I have all the games recorded. Think I'll do a top 10 goals of the season or something.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 11-27-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #24
Rookie

Hey guys! Posted a video on how to basically eliminate Regens from Master League Check it out! https://youtu.be/F1qauvDLuyg

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Evolution Soccer »