Home

PES 2022 Wishlist: Five Areas That Must Improve

This is a discussion on PES 2022 Wishlist: Five Areas That Must Improve within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2021, 11:05 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
PES 2022 Wishlist: Five Areas That Must Improve

Konami's decision to make eFootball PES 2021 a "Season Update" was a risky one. With both...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2021, 02:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Huge L Kevin you forgot the most important part! Collision and the referee foul system needs to be totally revamped *on the new engine!
Old 02-24-2021, 04:08 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PES 2022 Wishlist: Five Areas That Must Improve

Fake fan KG, take that L for missing that.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Agreed on all points Kevin. The Master League is getting stale and I would love to see improvements in this area. Yes to more statistical overlays before, during and after a match. The presentation and aesthetics overall is lacking and falling behind. Let's hope the extra time off will benefit PES 2022 in a positive way.

Kevin i enjoy reading your articles. Keep them coming and keep gaming!

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2021, 04:29 PM   #5
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Great article! In full agreement with other posters regarding fouls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2021, 04:45 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm gonna assume, even with the extra year of dev time, that offline modes will still be pretty barebones. And it'll be excused because of the pandemic and Konami's limited resources for PES. The graphical upgrade will have to be enough. PES is in this weird position where people still look to them as being the franchise more focused on realistic gameplay and offline experience, but I'm not sure when was the last time they truly earned that credit. And obviously they want that online microtransation money as much (if not more) than FIFA because their retail sales are never great.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:52 PM   #7
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I think last summer I saw something were they stated they wanted to make it so you could edit everything. To what degree the meant everything remains to be seen. If they make it so you can edit things like stadiums, presentation layouts as well as leagues via built in tools that would help massively. Deep customization like NBA 2k has could see PES back in top.

Another big thing like you mention is the janky menus in menus under menus. The UI/UX isn't very user friendly. Digging for info or having it buried underneath a random tab is frustrating. It's also very dated looking. It needs to be pleasant to look at but responsive and laid out in a way that makes sense.

Everything in the article was spot on though. I hoping the year long break gets thing in order. Also if it turns out really good I hope this gives them an incentive to move to an every other year release schedule permanently. The turn around time is just to tight to fix bugs and also implement new changes.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:16 AM   #8
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7

Hopefully the game is optimized better for next gen. Of all the games I currently own on PS4 Pro, PES 2021 is by far the loudest in terms of the system fan noise. Louder than Red Dead 2, NBA 2k21, Ghost of Tsushima, Jedi Fallen Order.... It gets laughable at times, the way it just seems to shift into higher and higher decibel levels, but I literally can't play the game without headphones. It's that distracting to me. FIFA runs like a church mouse by comparison, I have to mute the TV to hear the console.

I agree with most of Kevin's gripes, and also about the expectations this year. Time to poo or get off the pot, boys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »