Home

2023 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2023 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2023, 09:24 AM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
2023 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
And back then, folks credited Brady for that.

Now because they’ve struggled, it’s Leftwich’s fault. And I know that’s how it usually works in the profession, but still a tad bit funny to me.

Doesn’t this season give that some credence though?

When Brady was good, the offense was good.

When he was bad, the offense was bad.

Are people wrong to make the association that the offense goes where Brady goes more so than where Leftwich leads them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2023, 10:46 AM   #26
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2023 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Damn, two years ago he was one of the flavor of the year OCs that looked like he’d get a Head Coaching gig. Life comes at you quick

You're dead on and it explains why hot coordinators would want even a tough job like the Broncos, Cardinals, or Colts gig. You sit around waiting for the perfect opportunity and you might become un-hireable, real fast.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:17 PM   #27
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2023 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Doesn’t this season give that some credence though?

When Brady was good, the offense was good.

When he was bad, the offense was bad.

Are people wrong to make the association that the offense goes where Brady goes more so than where Leftwich leads them?
Credence to what? That Leftwich isn’t a good OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
You're dead on and it explains why hot coordinators would want even a tough job like the Broncos, Cardinals, or Colts gig. You sit around waiting for the perfect opportunity and you might become un-hireable, real fast.
*Depending on who you are
Old 01-18-2023, 01:51 PM   #28

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Credence to what? That Leftwich isn’t a good OC?

Not that he isn’t good, just that we done know and can’t judge either his success nor his failures until the Brady variable is removed.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:04 PM   #29
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Welp, the news I was fearing as now become a reality....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steeler...204343449.html
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-19-2023, 11:15 AM   #30
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

I honestly think there's something different going on with the Leftwich situation. He had good reviews and marks when Arians was there to guide him. The offense struggled this year without Arians by his side.

Now do I think injuries on the OL and WR played a big part in that? Yes, but it's not like Brady had a terrible season. He had a terrible season by Brady standards, but he also broke his own record for completions in a season because they flat out couldn't run the ball.

Going back to playoff Lenny instead of bringing in a capable RB and not having more depth on the OL are the reasons I think Leftwich is taking the fall for this year.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 01-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
I honestly think there's something different going on with the Leftwich situation. He had good reviews and marks when Arians was there to guide him. The offense struggled this year without Arians by his side.

Now do I think injuries on the OL and WR played a big part in that? Yes, but it's not like Brady had a terrible season. He had a terrible season by Brady standards, but he also broke his own record for completions in a season because they flat out couldn't run the ball.

Going back to playoff Lenny instead of bringing in a capable RB and not having more depth on the OL are the reasons I think Leftwich is taking the fall for this year.
Yeah, I would like to Leftwich in a different situation. There's still a few jobs OC jobs open, so I hope he gets a second job.

But, this does make me think that if you have a shot at a HC job as a "hot" candidate, you almost have to take it. I think it was that Leftwich didn't want to be attached to Baalke, but this shows how fast a window can close. But, I do understand wanting to go to a good situation. Where, I wouldn't want that Houston job. How can anybody feel they have time to develop a team with two consecutive one and done HCs, even though it was known that they were stopgap hires. The main attraction is that they have the #2 pick and a good amount of draft picks. But who's to say that the Colts or another team trades in front of them to take the Texans preferred QB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2023, 01:25 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Roman out as Ravens OC. I don’t follow them that closely but assuming Lamar is back he seemed like the right fit to be calling plays for him. I would think you’d want the next OC to run the same type of offense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »