Home

Bold Prediction: Leinart won't live up to the hype

This is a discussion on Bold Prediction: Leinart won't live up to the hype within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Bold Prediction: Leinart won't live up to the hype

IMHO If young becomes available then teams should pick him first then Bush then A.J. Hawk and Matt leinhart shouldn't really that big of a prospect this year b/c other teams need more skilled postion type players. I think Leinhart will be decent but he will be limited by the wrs and lineman. He is working in a pro system now b/c of pete caroll. But now I haven't seen him play throughout the year b/c they don't televise their games in TX. But after last night it seemed he was trying to create something that wasn't there in the 1st half. Honestly about caparing him to Palmer is like apples and oranges. B/c he hasn't been in the nfl yet and plus it took palmer a little bit to come around. I think it depends on the team that gets him.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I always find there is a backlash against top picks before the draft. I remember hearing guys saying Peyton Manning wasn't that good, Leaf is better, etc. You are hearing people knock Bush as well. You never know how they are going to turn out but I'd rather think that if you were great in college, you have a better chance being great in the NFL than some 5th round pick out of a division II school. Leinart's arm strength may be a question mark but what else does a guy have to do?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

I wouldn't exactly say that Carson Palmer is an elite quarterback just yet. Sure, he's had a hell of a season but it's only his first real full year as the starting qb. Drew Bledsoe came out with a lot of hype in his first three years but I don't think anyone out there would consider him in the elite quarterback category. He's definitely had a nice career but he won't go down as an all-time great like many believed. Time will tell how good Palmer becomes. He needs to put together a string of seasons like this to join the elite status, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he won't or can't, I'm just saying it's a possibility. Leinhart has a shot of being a good quarterback but I'm not to sure on him being a great quarterback.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
I wouldn't exactly say that Carson Palmer is an elite quarterback just yet. Sure, he's had a hell of a season but it's only his first real full year as the starting qb.
Look at what you wrote. "in his first full season"... well look at what he did in his FIRST full season? lol

Leinart could potentially turn into the next Tom Brady (minus 3 superbowls for right now at least).

Young could potentialyl turn into the next Michael Vick (which actually scares me in a dissapointing way).

Im not knocking young but Leinart has more intagibles than Young does. Young has the speed and the ability to run the ball ala Vick..but he's nowhere near as good as Leinart in the pure passing/mental part of things. Young is a college kid whos ready to go pro. Lienart pretty much has been a pro QB for the past 2-3 years who just happens to be in college.

In the end though as far as being an actual effective QB in the league my bet is on Leinart. IMO if Young turns out to be another Vick, I will have to consider him a bust. Not a total bust..but a real dissapointment because look at Vick. Hes more or less a running back with 4.2 speed who every now and then can complete a pass.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:22 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Look at what you wrote. "in his first full season"... well look at what he did in his FIRST full season? lol

Leinart could potentially turn into the next Tom Brady (minus 3 superbowls for right now at least).

Young could potentialyl turn into the next Michael Vick (which actually scares me in a dissapointing way).

Im not knocking young but Leinart has more intagibles than Young does. Young has the speed and the ability to run the ball ala Vick..but he's nowhere near as good as Leinart in the pure passing/mental part of things. Young is a college kid whos ready to go pro. Lienart pretty much has been a pro QB for the past 2-3 years who just happens to be in college.

In the end though as far as being an actual effective QB in the league my bet is on Leinart. IMO if Young turns out to be another Vick, I will have to consider him a bust. Not a total bust..but a real dissapointment because look at Vick. Hes more or less a running back with 4.2 speed who every now and then can complete a pass.
I still feel that alot of Vick's struggles are due to the west coast offense. It just doesn't fit his skill set.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree. He was on one of the most stacked teams in college history. Remember Jason White with oklahoma winning the heismen because he had a stacked team and now he isnt even good enough to be a backup in the nfl. I dont think lienhart will turn out that bad, but his team has alot to do with his success...
Old 01-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Yeah, so? I've seen many players in the NFL have phenomenal seasons early in their career that many people were ready to put in the Hall of Fame end up finishing with average careers. Let's see this out of him for a few more seasons. That's all I'm saying.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #16
Banned

bigmark's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
That's the prediction I'm making right now. Bold, yes .
No - actually that's not bold at all. History and the law of percentages indicate there's a better chance than not he won't be a superstar. Not to mention, it's been a few months since I heard anybody predict he'll be a great pro. Exactly what "hype" are you referring to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »