Home

Official Terrell Owens Thread

This is a discussion on Official Terrell Owens Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2005, 02:04 PM   #41
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73
Re: TO is mad at the Eagles for not celebrating. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
you asked for it:
T.O. 716 rec. 10,535 yds, 14.7 ypc, 101 tds 8 and 1/2 years
Smith 208 rec., 2993 yds, 14.4 ypc, 18 tds, 4 and 1/2 years

Don't gloat to soon!
actually TO has 9 1/2 and Smith has 3 1/2 if you dont include the season he played half a game, but whatever

lets look at it this way

TO: 128 starts
Smith: 33 starts

but thats not even what this thread is about. Its about the fact that TO is a selfish jerk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 02:22 PM   #42
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
It just goes to show where his priorities are. You don't hear Marvin Harrison doing that. You wouldn't hear Jerry Rice or Tim Brown do that. I guess that's what seperates the "great" from the merely "talented".
there just words. He only talks because he likes the attention.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:33 PM   #43
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
TO by the numbers:

3rd in receptions in the NFL
3rd in receiving yards in the NFL
5th in touchdown catches

Not to bad for a selfish WR. I would take that type of selfishness anyday on my Cowboys. Matter of fact, we have had that type of selfishness before.
Who? Irvin? Wrong, he had many games where he only had a couple of catches but was smiling because of the win.

TO is an embarassment to anything he's associated with. In fact, the only owner I see giving him a look is Dan Snyder.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #44
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond
people do not like a black man who speaks his mind at all. yes i pulled out the race card b-cuz it's true and that is just how life is. Nobody says anything about brett favre speaking out and saying whatever is on his mind. when chad pennington had that little tirade with the media nobody had a problem and the list goes on and on. Answer this question. Your a lawyer (random occupation) and your law firm has been running for 80 yrs. Only 4 lawyers ever have one high profile cases and they all have had massive celebrations for there victories. You become the 5th lawyer to win a high profile case and the law firm does not recognize your acheivement or say congratulations. Would you not care and be content with no one recognizing your accomplishment or would you speak out and say something? and please give me your true answers.

While I believe there is a slippery slope when it comes to how the media handles people and different cultures in this instance this is plain and simple. TO needs to stop talking out of his arse and being a attention whore. He was upset about not getting a celebration from a team who that feels he doesn't even want to be involved with.... He can't have his cake and eat it to. While some things TO might say may get blown out of proportion he does need to get his priorities correct.

Act like you got some Gosh Darn since and treat people how you want to be treated and you will get the respect you deserve. TO has talked himself out of being self less player that risked his career to be there for his team to being one of the most self centered players in history.

I am an african american and I wish TO would shut the hell up and play ball. So as far as the outspoken black man curse it ain't fitting this situation... In real life terms in everyday life you have choices to make. Sometimes you need to step up and defend yourself and other times you need to just shut the hell up and wait for a better time TO does not have that ability.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #45
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
Who? Irvin? Wrong, he had many games where he only had a couple of catches but was smiling because of the win.

TO is an embarassment to anything he's associated with. In fact, the only owner I see giving him a look is Dan Snyder.
Every franchise would love to have a receiver who doesn't get in trouble off the field and the only problem he has is an ill advised interview 2 or 3 times a season if he produces to the level that TO does. NFL is about production not talk. He talks too much, I don't agree with half the stuff he says, but the guy works hard, is always in shape, and most importantly, makes the play when you need it.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM   #46
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Every franchise would love to have a receiver who doesn't get in trouble off the field and the only problem he has is an ill advised interview 2 or 3 times a season if he produces to the level that TO does. NFL is about production not talk. He talks too much, I don't agree with half the stuff he says, but the guy works hard, is always in shape, and most importantly, makes the play when you need it.
If you really think that's the only thing wrong with TO, you simply haven't been paying attention the last 4-5 years.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #47
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
The other thing you have to consider when you get Owens though is the apparent chemistry disruption he causes to the team with his ill-advised interviews and whatnot. His attitude in my eyes is certainly a factor in the Eagles' current situation (aside from McNabb's health and Reid's stubbornness), and again in my eyes he was most certainly a main contributor to the decline of San Francisco as well.

Personally, I would not pick up Terrell Owens if I were a franchise owner. Part of that is because I'm a Cowboys' fan, but I honestly don't think his talents are worth all his other baggage and is overly "me-first" attitude.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
The other thing you have to consider when you get Owens though is the apparent chemistry disruption he causes to the team with his ill-advised interviews and whatnot. His attitude in my eyes is certainly a factor in the Eagles' current situation (aside from McNabb's health and Reid's stubbornness), and again in my eyes he was most certainly a main contributor to the decline of San Francisco as well.

Personally, I would not pick up Terrell Owens if I were a franchise owner. Part of that is because I'm a Cowboys' fan, but I honestly don't think his talents are worth all his other baggage and is overly "me-first" attitude.
huh? eagles dont run the ball. I take Owens anyday of the week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »