Home

Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

This is a discussion on Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #73
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
...chris(tine hahahaha, i like that)...
Give credit to my best friend's wife for that one. We were watching a preseason game last year and she asked my friend and I, "Oh my gosh! Who is that girl dressed in a Bengals uniform???" His thin face, braids, and skinny frame at the time I guess could easily be mistaken for a female if you've never seen the guy before. Christine became a classic nickname after that!
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-19-2006, 02:32 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

so now willie anderson is hurt? so every starter but steinbach is out now?

well...doesn't get much worse than that. and i don't think you can play much worse than willie's backup and witworth did tonight...
Old 12-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #75
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Stacy Andrews did nothing filling in for Big Willie. Whitworth is a rookie who has played well for Levi but couldn't stop Freeney last night. Christmas Eve game against Denver is the most important game of the season. They lose, they are done.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2006, 05:02 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

levi jones was active on monday night, and he's good to go, he just said he needs to get back into the groove. with the way our OL played last night, there's no doubt in my mind he will be starting on sunday. and willie's injury doesn't appear too serious, so i can't see him missing a huge game like the one against denver. levi jones will do wonders for our OL. if only braham can get healthy by the pittsburgh game...
Old 12-31-2006, 04:21 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

good season...not. very dissapointing. but it's clear what the bengals need:

1. new defensive coordinator. chucky may be the worst game planner ever, and repeatedly gets pwned by every opposing offensive coordiantor. time to get a guy who knows what he's doing.

2. LB/OL depth. i think it's clear when healthy, the bengals are super bowl contenders. when the starters go down, their backups give about 1/2 the production. andrew whitworth may be the worst LT ever.

3. improved special teams. no playmakers, guys that choke when it matters...time to fix that.

overall, i knew it would be tough, and injuries caught up to the team. it's a shame...but oh well. here's to a good draft and great offseason!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:29 PM   #78
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
good season...not. very dissapointing. but it's clear what the bengals need:

1. new defensive coordinator. chucky may be the worst game planner ever, and repeatedly gets pwned by every opposing offensive coordiantor. time to get a guy who knows what he's doing.

2. LB/OL depth. i think it's clear when healthy, the bengals are super bowl contenders. when the starters go down, their backups give about 1/2 the production. andrew whitworth may be the worst LT ever.

3. improved special teams. no playmakers, guys that choke when it matters...time to fix that.

overall, i knew it would be tough, and injuries caught up to the team. it's a shame...but oh well. here's to a good draft and great offseason!
I agree with all what you say,but on defense,the last 3 games in particular no pressure on QB at all,and I dont care who u have at CB you cant cover guys in the NFL for long with no pressure on passer...First and foremost either in draft,or free agency,as far a dee coordinator, its time for him to go,maybe marvin takes that on as well,he is supposed to be a defensive GU RU...well I have not seen it yet from his years in cincinnati.....very dissapointing season..
Old 01-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

well looks my worst fear might come true. odell might not come back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717845
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #80
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
well looks my worst fear might come true. odell might not come back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717845
Not a surprise...but if Thurman can't keep it together then I can't blame Lewis.

Quote:
Agreed. I've even heard a proposition of the offensive coordinator totally taking the offense and marvin doing defense. (so what the ravens coach is doing, but for defense) Or a good and tough experienced defensive coordinator would be good, even if we need to shell out the money.

Quote:
Yeah we saw several teams have key injuries and still win yet it almost completely crippled us. Definitely important.

Quote:
Been saying this for a while...we had Ratliff (worthless on returns) for seemingly forever before being replaced, seems to be similair with being mediocre. And I love Graham but first a bad snap and now this...they can't do this, whoever's fault it is.

Quote:
A big shame indeed, but looking forward to who we'll add (and not sign/release).

My Blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »