Home

Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

This is a discussion on Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 PM   #41
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

Can't let this thread die.....

So, I finally got to watch the first game vs. KC (I was on my way back from Austin on Sunday but recorded it).

Thoughts:
1. Overall, good game. We usually don't see those types of wins from the Bengals, and it was nice to get one like that, on the road, against a team with a premier rushing attack
2. Loved the 7 sacks from the DL
3. Madieu Williams is great, he was all over the field
4. Peko was a steal
5. Offense wasn't great, but it did what it needed to win. Hopefully it'll be better next week against the Browns.

Thoughts on this weeks game? I'm hoping the Bengals stay focused this week and don't look to next weeks big matchup in Pittsburgh

PSN: raginrapids
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 11:34 PM   #42
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Good job. I think they'll be okay this week, but, yeah, if they take the Browns lightly, they can get burnt. CJ has some revenge to get against Bodden this Sunday. He played a great game against Chad last year. CJ will be focused. I still think the Browns are a year or two away. Romeo is still building his team. I do like the guys they have though. They can't let Charlie Frye beat them with his scrambling ability. One other thing, hopefully TJ will be back this week. Yeah they won last week, but it wasn't as convincing as it could have been. They need him. As yes, having Madieu back is huge.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 09-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #43
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspecialK
Good job. I think they'll be okay this week, but, yeah, if they take the Browns lightly, they can get burnt. CJ has some revenge to get against Bodden this Sunday. He played a great game against Chad last year. CJ will be focused. I still think the Browns are a year or two away. Romeo is still building his team. I do like the guys they have though. They can't let Charlie Frye beat them with his scrambling ability. One other thing, hopefully TJ will be back this week. Yeah they won last week, but it wasn't as convincing as it could have been. They need him. As yes, having Madieu back is huge.
I think they'll be focused too. I'll be surprised if the Bengals don't come out immediatly and run no huddle, because it worked well last week.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #44
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

1st half was not good for injuries today. David Pollack, Rich Braham, and Dexter Jackson all went down. Plus Levi and TJ were already out. Let's hope these guys are all ok and get healthy for next weeks game in Pittsburgh.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #45
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

That's what sucks about these first four games, tough matchups, but you really need all of you're big players to be playing in them. The injuries to all of these key guys are not good. 2-0 so far but the toughest tests are yet to come. Hopefully everyone that got hurt today will recover quickly, and those that were already out, will return soon.

So what was the final word on Pollack? Was it a stinger? That's the way it looked to me and they were just being cautious by carting him off the field. He was moving his arms and legs. I've heard stingers are pretty scary to experience though.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #46
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

Key injuries today:
Rich Braham - maybe tore knee ligaments
Dexter Jackson - badly sprained ankle, maybe worse
David Pollack - neck injury, stinger(?)
Tab Perry - knee injury (I was just told by someone that he was carted off the field at the end of the game)
Chad Johnson - bruised shoulder; possible concussion after hit from Russell at the end of the game (read about the way he was acting in the lockerroom after the game)

Guys that were already out:
Levi Jones - knee
TJ Houshmandzadeh - hammy, groin?
Antonio Chatman - hammy, groin?

Honestly, I'm worried about going into Pittsburgh next week with all of these guys injured. It will be very difficult to come away with a W. Losing Dexter Jackson might be just as bad as losing Madieu last year. Kaesviharn is a huge downgrade at the safety position.

Last edited by SlimKibbles; 09-18-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #47
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

I listened to Marvin's press conference today.

Here are the injury updates:

David Pollack- broken neck, will be placed on IR this year, they expect him to play next year.

Dexter Jackson- sprained ankle. Is OUT against Pittsburgh, status after that unclear

Rich Braham- deep left knee bruise. Is OUT next week, status after that unclear

Chad Johnson- Is "fine" according to Marvin

Tab Perry- Didn't hear anything about him

Didn't hear anything about whether Levi or TJ will play next week........that was a bad week for injuries

Old 10-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #48
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

Bringin it back one more (to vent, of course).....

I swear, the Bengals play the most undisciplined ball in the league.

I'm not happy with any phase of the Bengals game right now.

Offense- Carson still looks shaky, and protection he gets isn't helping a bit. TJ is doing great, but Chad just seems gimpy to me. Am I the only one who seems to notice how he gets hurt after every catch and has to run to the trainers for help??? What is wrong with him? The running game is so inconsistent. They have success up the middle, but they can't get anything outside. Yet, they kept trying, only be stuffed again and again. I have major issues with some of the playcalling from the game.

Defense- I know there are injuries, but shouldn't backups be able to tackle??? Kaesviharn's angles are absolutely terrible. Williams should never have broken that 38 yard run. If KK takes a good angle, its only a 10-15 yard run. Between KK and Tory James, we have two MAJOR liabilities when it comes to tackling. And the little things are so frustrating- Geathers taking cheap shots or guys getting drawn offsides. Just terrible.

Special Teams- Why is Chatman returning punts??? He's terrible, he can't make single guy miss or break a tackle it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »