Home

Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

This is a discussion on Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

Thurman suspended, Pollack out for the year, and now Simmons is hurt? wtf is wrong with our LB core?
Old 10-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #50
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNdeportes
I'm not happy with any phase of the Bengals game right now.
The kicking and punting is doing good. Except the call for the 62 yard attempt.

Quote:
Am I the only one who seems to notice how he gets hurt after every catch and has to run to the trainers for help??? What is wrong with him?
I was asking myself the same thing, "am I the only one that notices this". I understand why today since he took him out but the last few games it has happened often. Weird.

Quote:
The running game is so inconsistent. They have success up the middle, but they can't get anything outside. Yet, they kept trying, only be stuffed again and again. I have major issues with some of the playcalling from the game.
Agree on both parts.

Quote:
I know there are injuries, but shouldn't backups be able to tackle??? Kaesviharn's angles are absolutely terrible.
Kaesviharn is one of the worst tackling CB's I've seen in a while, he can at least get some INT's but that's about it. Scary he used to start. Caleb miller is an alright backup LB though, made some good tackles.

Quote:
Between KK and Tory James, we have two MAJOR liabilities when it comes to tackling.
I've always thought Tory was overrated. I just don't like him much, he is very hit and miss and for a starter to be like that...eww.

Quote:
And the little things are so frustrating- Geathers taking cheap shots or guys getting drawn offsides. Just terrible.
Again agreed. Some things are small but pile up. Tory was on Alstott late in the 4th, a 250 yd fullback against a small corner back? Annoying.

Quote:
Special Teams- Why is Chatman returning punts??? He's terrible, he can't make single guy miss or break a tackle it seems.
I seriously question some of the Bengals staff. Attempting a 62 yard field goal, chatman returning punts, running 3 times in a row (6 minutes to go in the 4th, resulted in 0 yards...at least throw a small pass or do something different), etc.

It seemed like a lot of people were expecting a blow up despite a horrible last week, the week before that and so on. We never got much of anything going whatsoever, we have to get a momentum going both running and passing before we have shot at winning majority of games. And although the defense is having problems our offense is what needs to do improve more than anything.

My Blog

Last edited by p2xgamers; 10-15-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #51
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
I seriously question some of the Bengals staff. Attempting a 62 yard field goal, chatman returning punts, running 3 times in a row (6 minutes to go in the 4th, resulted in 0 yards...at least throw a small pass or do something different), etc.
Yeah, that play calling was terrible on that series. 6 minutes to go, they're up 6, and have the ball at the TB 10. A drive for a FG seals the win, but even getting a couple of first downs burns the clocks and helps with field position.

So what do they do? Two outside runs on 1st and 2nd downs, for a total of 1 yard. Then, a shovel pass up the middle??? Are you kidding me? Why the runs to the outside? Not a single run outside had worked all game, and yet they run two in a row on a drive that could potentially finish the game off.....Any success they had running it was up the gut, but obviously the Bengals hadn't noticed.

I swear it was Dumb and Dumber today, with Dumb being the penalties and Dumber being our offensive play calls.

PSN: raginrapids
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2006, 07:23 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Our D may never be the same all year with the injuries/suspensions at LB, but damnit our offense is slowly getting healthier and better. Chris Perry back this week, Chris Henry back next week, maybe the OL back within a month? Sooner or later the Bengals should starting tearing it up again on offense.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #53
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
Our D may never be the same all year with the injuries/suspensions at LB, but damnit our offense is slowly getting healthier and better. Chris Perry back this week, Chris Henry back next week, maybe the OL back within a month? Sooner or later the Bengals should starting tearing it up again on offense.
I hope so. And, while our D may not be the same, they have held two straight opponents to only 14 points.

PSN: raginrapids
Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #54
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
It doesn't look like Braham will be back any time soon, I've heard not until the last game seems ideal.

My Blog
Old 10-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

well there's still levi jones...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #56
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
It doesn't look like Braham will be back any time soon, I've heard not until the last game seems ideal.
He might not be back at all. Strangely enough, as important as Levi is, Braham has probably been the biggest loss due to injury. They've had to move guys around because of him not being there and until the 2nd half on Sunday, they've looked lost on the O-line the past few games. The win over Carolina was huge. They need some momentum going into these next few games against the Falcons, @ the Ravens, and the Chargers.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »