Home

Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

This is a discussion on Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #65
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

I'm feeling okay about the game. Bengals are a hot team coming into this game. Indy's D can be exploited. I don't expect the Bengals D to shut down the Colts at all. I think they can beat them this year. I'm not saying they will but I really think they can do it. Bengals seem to play better on the road too, for some reason.

In all honesty, I'm not so sure I want Braham and Levi back right now. The O-Line with Ghiaciuc and Whitworth have been playing pretty darn good together as the season has progressed. The blocking has improved just about every week. Levi hasn't played since the week before the first game against the Ravens and Richie Braham got hurt in week 2, right? It's kind of a tough call. If they are practicing with the first team and everyone is comfortable with them there again, I say start them. But, if they are rusty and it throws the chemistry/cohesion off, I'd keep Ghiaciuc and Whitworth in there.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

i like the running game more with braham and jones in there. rudy's YPC are down this year, and even though he played well on sunday, i still believe he only averaged about 3.9 YPC. braham and jones create holes that the others haven't been able to provide so far...
Old 12-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

David Pollack's career is likely over...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2697810

man that sucks. he could have been a very good LB. i just feel bad that he doesn't get to live out his dream.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #68
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

That sucks to hear about Pollack, I really enjoyed watching him play at Georgia and for a while was hoping the Browns would trade down and pick him. I agree with you that I feel bad he doesn't get to live out his dream now, thats gotta be an awful feeling to make it and have it all taken away so quick.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 12-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #69
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
David Pollack's career is likely over...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2697810

man that sucks. he could have been a very good LB. i just feel bad that he doesn't get to live out his dream.
I friend sent me a txt about that today. Very sad. I was looking forward to his career with the Bengals.

They're going to have to draft a top LB next year. Pollack is likely gone, Odell may not come back, and Simmons isn't getting any younger. Jeanty, Miller, and Landon Johnson aren't bad but I'd feel a little more comfortable with some depth there next season. I'm still not sold on Caleb Miller as a starter. He has played well lately though.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

i don't think they have any choice but to bring Thurman back. yeah he screwed up...but look at how many chances they've given henry. thurman deserves at least one more...
Old 12-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #71
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
i don't think they have any choice but to bring Thurman back. yeah he screwed up...but look at how many chances they've given henry. thurman deserves at least one more...
That might be the key point. Considering how many times Christine has gotten into trouble and remains with the team, you'd think Odell will be back next season. Still the need to work on the discipline a tad. It isn't as bad as the Coslet era though. Someone told me tonight that Lance McAllister was talking on the radio about a story by Lorenzo Neal when he was playing with the Bengals. Apparently back then, guys would get trashed about every night, show up for practice the next day hungover, or some would just even stay inside the practice facility and sleep. You'd think Mike Brown would have learned something about hard-working players from his dad. Paul Brown never would have allowed that crap to happen. Now they have the hard-working players but they're also people with poor judgement.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

yep and chris(tine hahahaha, i like that) is still with the team because of one thing only, and that's his talent. dude has pro bowl potential and gives us a big playmaker as our THIRD option. if he had like kelly washington or tab perry talent, he would have been gone a long time ago. thurman is the same. it's not easy to replace 100 tackles, 5 FF and 5 INTs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »